Advice on Airline Booking dates

You could also get a round trip ticket with an open return. It allows you to pick the return date when you're here. The return is usually good for a year but some airlines will extend it.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lee

• sugbu777

• Woolf

• Jackr

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks this helps.  I have never been there without a certain date to get back but now I'm funally done with work. Beginning the journey of retired living and learning all the tricks of living and tra

If your wife  is Filipina you can come on a one way ticket and get the balikbayan stamp good for a year. If not, then you can both come on a one way ticket and get a cheap "throw away" onward ticket.

Many airlines will let a Filipino on without a return ticket or onward ticket since they are the actual BB but will not let a kano on without one, even when the law in the Philippines is that BB's do

Posted Images

Thanks for all the help/suggestions. WE will be using the BB visa as I will be travelling with the wife. I dont see myself staying any longer than 4 months at a time actually because the property we own here in the US requires quite a bit of upkeep in the spring/summer months but the Philippines will be a great get away during winter here.   This upcoming trip will be our first as retirees with no jobs to come back to. I'm sure this will be a learning experience in this new status. I have always disliked this searching for the best ticket fiasco. It reminds me of going to a car lot and dealing with salesmen. I always get the feeling that I'm being "Taken."  

Im not sure about the 13A visa because although my wife was born in the Philippines, she is a US Citizen like me. We have always recieved a BB stamp when coming over there but this sounds like a good idea if it were possible. We have talked about her getting the Dual Citizenship but not quite sure what benefit that is. I think it is about being able to own a certain ammount of property. 

Edited by Jackr
Headshot

WE will be using the BB visa as I will be travelling with the wife.

The BB stamp isn't a visa. It is used in lieu of a visa. If you want to avail of it, make sure you have your marriage certificate handy with you when you go through Immigration. Also, carry a copy of the directive that shows you are authorized to use it or you will have major hassles with the airline check-in people who don't understand there are people who don't need an onward ticket when traveling to the Philippines.

• Like 1

In all the years I've been coming there, I have never been asked for a marriage certificate and have always been given a BB stamp without even asking for it. It seems that when the immigration officer sees us and both our US Passports they just stamp it and scribble "BB" on it after asking why we are there. Hmmmmmm. We also have always had a round trip ticket with specific dates.  I dont think I'll even fool around trying to get a different type of Visa just to save a few dollars. IN my experience, doing anything administrative over there is a Major pain in the ass.  I'll make a copy of my Marriage Cert. and bring it just in case. Thanks for the recommend.

I have never been asked for a marriage certificate

Maybe things have changed. Or maybe I just look shifty :)  I've been asked for the marriage cert every time.

TheWhiteKnight

Thanks for all the help/suggestions. WE will be using the BB visa as I will be travelling with the wife. I dont see myself staying any longer than 4 months at a time actually because the property we own here in the US requires quite a bit of upkeep in the spring/summer months but the Philippines will be a great get away during winter here.   This upcoming trip will be our first as retirees with no jobs to come back to. I'm sure this will be a learning experience in this new status. I have always disliked this searching for the best ticket fiasco. It reminds me of going to a car lot and dealing with salesmen. I always get the feeling that I'm being "Taken."  

Im not sure about the 13A visa because although my wife was born in the Philippines, she is a US Citizen like me. We have always recieved a BB stamp when coming over there but this sounds like a good idea if it were possible. We have talked about her getting the Dual Citizenship but not quite sure what benefit that is. I think it is about being able to own a certain ammount of property. 

You could get a 13G perm visa for FORMER Filipinos and their spouses. However, I would just get her dual citizenship and then get the 13A for you.

that is why I wanted to state that with a 7A visa you need a forward or return ticket

I think you mean 9A.....

Edited by TheWhiteKnight

I think you mean 9A.....

uuups   yes  9A     sorry

sugbu777

The wife and I have never been asked for a copy of marriage contract and are issued BB stamps every time. Heck, they've even given me a BB stamp when I am travelling alone, if she has travelled ahead of my arrival.

Edited by sugbu777
LechonBuddha

We've received the BB the last two visits without asking. Also, gave it to our adult child who was travelling with us.

sugbu777

We've received the BB the last two visits without asking. Also, gave it to our adult child who was travelling with us.

Our adult daughters and their husbands and children all get BB stamps when they travel. Even without us accompanying them. Daughters' US passports show their birthplace as Philippines.

The wife and I also have never been asked for our marriage license and if both names on the passports are the mans last name, as they are on ours, then they probably will not ask but one guy I met was asked for the marriage license and if I remember correctly one guy on this forum or maybe it was another forum :unsure: was also asked for it, so what harm could it do to have a copy with you.

CardiacKid

Thanks for all the help/suggestions. WE will be using the BB visa as I will be travelling with the wife.
Please be advised there is no BB visa. It is a privilege. Not nit picking but could save some confusion later.  
dnl_grout

Every trip there I had a round trip booked out almost a year return.

Cathay and Korean gave a one time only return date change for free.

Extending longer is different story, 1-2-3 months increasing.

SkyMan

that is why I wanted to state that with a 7A visa you need a forward or return ticket
If you mean 9A then you do probably need an onward ticket.  Part of application for a 9A is including a copy of your itinerary.  The instructions don't specifically say the itinerary has to show an onward flight.  It might be possible to show only a one-way and if they contact you about it tell them you plan to stay 8 months or whatever and will purchase a departure ticket when you know when you are leaving.  No guaranties. Worst case, you send them an onward ticket receipt. 

Extending longer is different story, 1-2-3 months increasing.
What does that mean?

f you mean 9A then you do probably need an onward ticket.  Part of application for a 9A is including a copy of your itinerary.  The instructions don't specifically say the itinerary has to show an onward flight.  It might be possible to show only a one-way and if they contact you about it tell them you plan to stay 8 months or whatever and will purchase a departure ticket when you know when you are leaving.  No guaranties. Worst case, you send them an onward ticket receipt. 

Skyman

we have been through this before

With a prearrange 9A tourist visa or visa waiver at arrival 

you need a return or onward ticket

the airline will not let you board the plane without