Balikbayan boxes Take Longer Now ?

My B Box Girl just told me that it now takes 4 months to deliver  Balikbayan boxes and there is a 60 kg limit and that they are now checking a lot of the boxes ( opening up ). Any one else hear any thing like this

Topper

My wife's family just got their boxes a week ago. Took about 3 months to arrive. None were opened and were under 60 kg, although they sure felt like it. Sometimes I suspect the wife is sending lead judging from the weight. LOL Or am I just getting older?

• Like 1
Mikala

I received mine though Forex (in Las Vegas) after 4+ months, arrived about 3 weeks ago. One of the boxes had been opened and pilfered. Admittedly I paid a higher price to send them through Forex because I mistakenly believed they wouldn't be as maltreated as the last set of BBs that I sent from Korea. My mistake! :(

Edited by Mikala
  • Like 2

I wonder why the time has doubled to deliver packages

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Athena

i use LBC - box not been pilfered but i agree its taken 3x months for the arrived on what was supposed be only 7x weeks.

LBC's argument that the boxes are held up in Manila awaiting release from customs.

TheWhiteKnight

What the feck...I just got one last month, took about 40 days to luzon like it always does, and in perfect untouched condition. www.umac.com

It was mentioned at the Press conference about the imported gun parts that came in from the US in a Balikbayan box ..that excessively heavy B. Boxes would be scrutinized .. ( they said, by Homeland Security , but Im not sure if that would be correct )

Sent from my SM-T535 using Tapatalk

Tom in Texas

For the past 10 years, about every 60 days, we send BB box from Dallas to Mactan via Forex. It travels by truck from Dallas to the port of Houston, then by ship to Cebu. Always takes 8 to 12 weeks. All have arrived unopened.