Hello from Moscow!

Andrey Vorobiev

Andrey Vorobiev

Hi! I am Andrey (it's the russian name, the same with Andrew). I am going to get married with one best filipina in 2009 and to move to Cebu area (may be closer to the end of the year, December). I have been browsing internet about all information of Phil and Cebu for several months already. And at last I found this wonderful forum.

I'm 44. widower, no kids. But my Eva (filipina) has got 3 boys (16, 19 and 22), and I love them all. Also they love me too, because we have these warm relations since the end of 2007. So I feel myself as a father, and these kids will be mine soon (officially). I hope so.

I'm the editor of the largest in Russia computer website iXBT.com. I am one of the co-founders of this project in 1997. So I've been working here for more than 11 years. My section is VGA cards for computers and 3D-graphics for PC at all. I can work in a distance, so I need the internet connection only, so I will be able to continue my working in Cebu after moving there.

I have 3 cockatoos (parrots), and they have been living with me only for 15 years, and their ages are 33-35 years at all, because they had lived with my grandparents before me almost 20 years. So they are the members of the family and I am going to get them to Cebu too. BTW I will need to check all information about the permits to bring pet-birds to Phil.

I'm glad to start my membership in this forum. Good luck and bless you!

Thank you

MattFromGA

Nice to have you on board Andrey. I always enjoy hearing about people that are or are going to be able to live here, keep their work going from back home, and be able to survive. This distance makes it tougher to keep those relationships from back home going as strong as you were able to do when you could go visit with them face to face regularly.

Удачи вам в ваших перемещений по Себу и женятся на вашу новую жену. Я надеюсь, чтобы получить возможность встретиться с вами, когда вы приедете.

Welcome!!!

For what's its worth, there's a Russian lady working as an interpreter in Badian Island (south part of Cebu).

Lacion Girl
Hi! I am Andrey (it's the russian name, the same with Andrew). I am going to get married with one best filipina in 2009 and to move to Cebu area (may be closer to the end of the year, December). I have been browsing internet about all information of Phil and Cebu for several months already. And at last I found this wonderful forum.

I'm 44. widower, no kids. But my Eva (filipina) has got 3 boys (16, 19 and 22), and I love them all. Also they love me too, because we have these warm relations since the end of 2007. So I feel myself as a father, and these kids will be mine soon (officially). I hope so.

I'm the editor of the largest in Russia computer website iXBT.com. I am one of the co-founders of this project in 1997. So I've been working here for more than 11 years. My section is VGA cards for computers and 3D-graphics for PC at all. I can work in a distance, so I need the internet connection only, so I will be able to continue my working in Cebu after moving there.

I have 3 cockatoos (parrots), and they have been living with me only for 15 years, and their ages are 33-35 years at all, because they had lived with my grandparents before me almost 20 years. So they are the members of the family and I am going to get them to Cebu too. BTW I will need to check all information about the permits to bring pet-birds to Phil.

I'm glad to start my membership in this forum. Good luck and bless you!

Thank you

Welcome to the forum Andrey and good luck to your future move to my island.

Lacion Girl

twostrokes

Welcome,

Would be interested in knowing what you find out about bringing parrots to the PI, as I have a couple that I would like to bring also...Havn't been able to find out much except about dogs....can't get any straight answers concerning birds...So if you find out any actual valid info, hows to post it.

Jim

I couldn't find much on importing birds. The only thing that I found was this E008.pdf .

I also found this information

PETS

* Dogs, cats and birds are not restricted for importation. It is highly recommended that an "exotic pet" could be restricted

* Race horses and game fowl are subject to duties and taxes

* Documents required:

o Owner's Passport

o Import Permit (from Bureau of Animal Industry)

o Identification card of the pet

o Pedigree Certificate

o Original Vaccination and Health Certificate from origin (Issued within 10 days of the importation. Must show proof that vaccination was administered between 60 to 180 days prior to the flight)

o No quarantine required

PETS

Individuals whose intended visas are not yet approved by the Commission on Immigration and Deportation could request a temporary tax and duty-free release of their cargo with the Department of Finance by providing a cash bond, as well as a Letter of Request for the change of visa status was already submitted to the Commission on Immigration and Deportation. The Cash Bond could be acquired through payment of a certain premium, which would be based on 150% of the appraised value as assessed by the Bureau of Customs. The same is only valid for a period of 90 days from the date of filing of the Customs Permit with the Bureau of Customs from which it could be extended only for another 90 days. If the said Cash Bond remains unconcealed after the prescribed period, penaltties shall be levied by the Bureau of Customs against the consignee up to the forfeiture of the Cash Bond.

Might be beneficial to check with your local Philippines Embassy or Consulate.

Andrey Vorobiev
Nice to have you on board Andrey. I always enjoy hearing about people that are or are going to be able to live here, keep their work going from back home, and be able to survive. This distance makes it tougher to keep those relationships from back home going as strong as you were able to do when you could go visit with them face to face regularly.

Удачи вам в ваших перемещений по Себу и женятся на вашу новую жену. Я надеюсь, чтобы получить возможность встретиться с вами, когда вы приедете.

WOW!!! DELIGHT!! He he he.. You can speak russian not bad :):huh: Thanks a lot, Matt! Of course we will be able to meet.

Andrey Vorobiev
I couldn't find much on importing birds. The only thing that I found was this E008.pdf .

I also found this information

Might be beneficial to check with your local Philippines Embassy or Consulate.

Thanks a lot, Steve!! But it's about wild birds in this PDF file, and I have the paper from CITES. But I will try to check all

Andrey Vorobiev
Welcome,

Would be interested in knowing what you find out about bringing parrots to the PI, as I have a couple that I would like to bring also...Havn't been able to find out much except about dogs....can't get any straight answers concerning birds...So if you find out any actual valid info, hows to post it.

Jim

Sure. As soon as I get the information I will publish in this forum.

Sure. As soon as I get the information I will publish in this forum.

Andrey

I just emailed the consul, I'll post whenever they reply. Hopefully it's useful.

Andrey Vorobiev

Thanks a lot for this warm welcome!

as a present to the forum I would like to place several photos of Moscow (I took it 1 week ago).

After-New-Year Moscow. Centre -12C (12 degree below 0).

It's near my house

283598w.jpg

it's the centre:

283600w.jpg

283603w.jpg

283604w.jpg

283605w.jpg

283609w.jpg

283610w.jpg

283613w.jpg

283616w.jpg

283619w.jpg