Sign in to follow this  
sierra01

Bantayan town

sierra01

This will be in October.....Instead of running back and forth every day from Santa Fe to Bantayan town is there anywhere to stay in Bantayan town itself?  Ive googled but cant find anything.  Doesn't need to be much, Double or Queen size bed, Aircon, breakfast would be nice but not essential.  And cockroaches not required please!

Shrek484

Maias beach resort, about 2km away from the town

Cebuandrew

Can't imagine a reason to stay overnight in Bantayan Proper, but there is a small pension house close to downtown...forgot the name, but will stop by today or tomorrow and get contact info for you (mostly used for "short time" stays). Not a bad looking place. Maias is 2km from the hwy (2km of crappy, crappy slow road), then another 2km to downtown. By October, the hwy reconstruction between Santa Fe and Bantayan will be complete. Only 11 km's between them. 10-12 minutes on a scooter (or 20 minutes in a trike for p25). There is another small pension house just outside of there, going towards Madridejos, but it looks pretty scary. Honestly, there is a reason there are scant places to stay in Bantayan--no one ever wants to stay there.

• Like 1

Paul

Can't imagine a reason to stay overnight in Bantayan Proper

I was going to say that. But, I didn't want to discourage the O/P from staying there, if that is what he wanted to do. I just don't see much there, aside from the fort and the pier to walk out on, to do in the entire town of Bantayan. 

Paul

Oh, the shit bag that owns Tickety Boo Beach Resort will come on to your g/f, wife, significant other if you are not around. So, I definitely do not advise staying there. 

• Like 2

Cebuandrew

You've traveled too many places and get them mixed up Paul. The cool fort and pier are up in Madridejos, which also has beaches. Bantayan Proper has a market, small old pier and that is it. Stay overnight there, and go for an "evening stroll" as a white guy, and people will stare. Not trying to discourage the OP, but if he's never been here before, and plans on going to Bantayan a few times each day, staying in Santa Fe will be night and day compared to Bantayan.

Paul

The cool fort and pier are up in Madridejos

Sorry. That's right. 10am here and I haven't slept since yesterday afternoon. Please forgive the mistakes.

I think this is a good time for me to become horizontally polarized for a short while. 

Nyt all. 

sierra01

Ive been thinking about the Montemar pension house in the plaza over Allied bank but from what you've all been saying I'm not so sure now

• Like 1

Paul

Ive been thinking about the Montemar pension house in the plaza over Allied bank but from what you've all been saying I'm not so sure now

You can ride to either town, from Sta. Fe. Just do day trips, maybe? Not traveling great distances.