• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Skywalker

• tomaw

• Dafey

• spydoo

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You will be lucky to find one that understands your jokes....been married to the wife for something like five years...every time I tell a joke she just gives me the deer in the headlights look...

Possibly, but sometimes truth needs to be put out there doesn't it?  I don't mind being viewed as the bad guy though, it comes with the territory.  I've also lived in SE Asia for a very long time, and

When I dated I made it clear I was not moving back to the US.  Some of the girls are just looking for a visa.  Anyone can change their mind after a while but we've been living here 8 years now.  She's

Posted Images

bkkmarlowe

I do not believe that there is any magic answer except to say, let your gut instinct tell you what lady is for you rather than using your little head to decide. 

Absolute LEE right mate. But dont forget, when you are a senior citizen... the lil head is not so import these days...its the seniors discount that counts ... right?

• Like 1
miles-high

One that mastered English so completely that she can speak and understand it effortlessly and automatically and and also be well employed.

I told her she should go back to school – now she is a full-time nursing/science student here in the US. Hopefully, she will go on to a med school, failing that I would send her to a law school, perhaps to my alma mater so that she could, if she wants to, sue hospitals/doctors... haha :D

• Like 3

Met my my wife my first day in the Phippines, we married 3 years later and have been happily married 31 years. And she was/is a beauty.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 6
USMC-Retired

I have around 6 months dating time in the philippines. My goal is to find a wife to take to the usa. I am in no hurry. It appears to me you have 2 types available. Some have the qualities that might give you a chance of it lasting long term in the usa. And some you know, without a doubt, it wouldnt last the struggles of moving abroad. Looks become pretty secondary in what your looking for and qualities like temperment, faith, and not materialistic (latest everything) rise to the top. I was blinded by the sheer beauty of the women here initially. Now if she likes to stay home, not worried about owning the latest Iphone, and isnt caught up in her own beauty she definetly stands out for what im looking for.......And im still looking for one that laughs at my jokes

I looked for one word LOVE not there. Otherwise you are shopping for a pet. My dog is faithful, good temperment and not materialistic.

Edited by USMC-Retired
  • Like 4
Scotsbloke

You will be lucky to find one that understands your jokes....been married to the wife for something like five years...every time I tell a joke she just gives me the deer in the headlights look... :db:

She is clearly every LinC member then ;)

• Like 1

Take time to look for the right girl then take time to know her. I met my wife online at first. Then I made 3 trips to Cobu over 3 years before asking her to marry me. Even after she said yes it took 8 months to get her here on a fiance visa. We've been happily married now for 10 years.

• Like 1
Jack_be_nimble

I looked for one word LOVE not there. Otherwise you are shopping for a pet. My dog is faithful, good temperment and not materialistic.

Maybe LOVE was implied, or it's easy to fall in love with a woman that meats your expectations/a good match.

Yeah, dogs are faithful, etc.  But, in their own way, they could be considerted materialistic; most dogs I know of would rather sleep on your bed vs. the cold floor, eat table scraps vs. a can of dogfood.  In a dog's world, that's trying to improve their lot in life = materialistic.  :) :) :)

• Like 2
Scotsbloke

I have around 6 months dating time in the philippines. My goal is to find a wife to take to the usa.

The Big LinC Commodity Thread for this pish.

An impressive aspect of this forum is that many thoroughly decent guys have changed their lives and given up a huge amount to be in a relationship with their woman - either in their home country or having carved out a life for themselves in Philippines.

The big lesson here is about relationships and partnerships, not about having a goal to find a wife.

• Like 2

I have around 6 months dating time in the philippines. My goal is to find a wife to take to the usa. I am in no hurry. It appears to me you have 2 types available. Some have the qualities that might give you a chance of it lasting long term in the usa. And some you know, without a doubt, it wouldnt last the struggles of moving abroad. Looks become pretty secondary in what your looking for and qualities like temperment, faith, and not materialistic (latest everything) rise to the top. I was blinded by the sheer beauty of the women here initially. Now if she likes to stay home, not worried about owning the latest Iphone, and isnt caught up in her own beauty she definetly stands out for what im looking for.......And im still looking for one that laughs at my jokes

'2 types available'?  That's painting the world in black and white, not really the way I see things.  The fact is that the right woman, the right relationship will survive a move to the states, a life in phils, a life roaming the world, survive whatever really, right?

And different strokes for different folks, but I certainly agree that the Divas, the high maintenance woman are not worth it at all.  For myself and it sounds like for you.  The 'Miss Philippines' women are nice eye candy, look great on your arm, some are very polished, but after that?  And sadly perhaps, I'll just never be able to shake my Pavlovian reaction to the word 'model'.  I KNOW that it's not a synonym for prosty, but I just can't shake that reaction.

Maybe understand your own patience and tolerance for being with someone that does not have the same background and knowledge that you have.  And maybe also understand that their background and knowledge may be different, but it also might be every bit as rich and rewarding as your own.  The cross cultural exchange is one of the best things about being with a woman from someplace other than your home country.  Frustrating and difficult at times, but really enjoyable and fun most of the time.

The biggest thing about living in the US is that everything is EASY.  Day to day life is very easy compared to most other places...   

BTW - my woman laughs at all my jokes.  I just have to remember to tell her that it's a joke.

• Like 2
  • Administrator
Dafey

Aww....I bet you love your dog, you big softy!

• Like 1
spydoo

The big lesson here is about relationships and partnerships, not about having a goal to find a wife.

What? He's looking for a wife, not just a relationship. A wife is, "til death do us part". Nothing else is the same.

• Like 1
Skywalker

My goal is to find a wife to take to the usa.

Oh you'll easily find a filipina who also shares that goal.

Easily.

When she gets to the USA things may take a different direction.

If I was you, I would state, right from the start, that you are not going back to the US to live, that way at least a percentage of the lovely ladies will not waste your time and money on their dream.

Enjoy your shopping trip - for that is exactly what it is.

• Like 7
SkyMan

When she gets to the USA things may take a different direction.
And that's not necessarily a 'plan.'  Different culture, options, etc. can change a person's views on their future.