Roast Chicken

The Mason

The Mason

This is a great recipe for roasted chicken. I made it as my contribution to the family's Buena Noche feast and it was devoured in minutes while my wife's roast chicken was untouched. :lol: Despite this, I still received my gifts. The chicken has a great sweet-hot taste and the sugar in the rub makes for a crispy skin.

1 cup brown sugar

1/2 cup paprika

1 Tablespoon white pepper

1 Tablespoon black pepper

1 Tablespoon onion powder

1 Tablespoon garlic powder

1 Tablespoon salt

1 Tablespoon cayenne pepper

Mix all rub ingredients with a fork to remove most of the lumps from the brown sugar. Add cayenne gradually and add heat to your tastes. There's a lot of pepper in this rub, the full tablespoon of cayenne produces a pretty spicy blend. This makes enough rub for 4-5 chickens. You can either store the extra at room temp or adjust the ingredients proportionally.

Separate, but do not remove, the skin from the breast and thigh meat. Using a small spoon, put some rub under the skin. Coat the chicken with the dry rub and massage for 2-3 minutes. Let stand in refrigerator for 12-24 hours.

Cook in turbo roaster for 50 min at 400 F, turning once half way through the cycle.

This is a great recipe for roasted chicken. I made it as my contribution to the family's Buena Noche feast and it was devoured in minutes while my wife's roast chicken was untouched. :lol: Despite this, I still received my gifts. The chicken has a great sweet-hot taste and the sugar in the rub makes for a crispy skin.

1 cup brown sugar

1/2 cup paprika

1 Tablespoon white pepper

1 Tablespoon black pepper

1 Tablespoon onion powder

1 Tablespoon garlic powder

1 Tablespoon salt

1 Tablespoon cayenne pepper

Mix all rub ingredients with a fork to remove most of the lumps from the brown sugar. Add cayenne gradually and add heat to your tastes. There's a lot of pepper in this rub, the full tablespoon of cayenne produces a pretty spicy blend. This makes enough rub for 4-5 chickens. You can either store the extra at room temp or adjust the ingredients proportionally.

Separate, but do not remove, the skin from the breast and thigh meat. Using a small spoon, put some rub under the skin. Coat the chicken with the dry rub and massage for 2-3 minutes. Let stand in refrigerator for 12-24 hours.

Cook in turbo roaster for 50 min at 400 F, turning once half way through the cycle.

That looks good. I will try it soon.

Also, you can put two quarters of a lemon, a sprig of rosemary and a few cut up cloves of garlic in the cavity if is not stuffed.

Edited by breakfast