Sign in to follow this  
Mikal

Pre-Marriage Counseling

Mikal

Hi Folks,

There is a good deal of information regarding the Pre-Marriage Counseling from DSWD, but I was hoping that someone might have specific experience in a couple of areas.

1.  Has anyone used a Pre-Marriage Counseling Certificate from one municipality and applied for the license in a different municipality?  For instance, use a PMC Certificate from Cebu City in Talisay?  

2.  Has anyone used proxies to obtain the certificate?  Where/how did you find the proxies?  PM if that works better.  

We're applying for the license in Talisay City and this requirement is a PITA for several reasons.  Although I AM now wondering if the woman keeping the class schedule in Talisay might actually BE sane and was simply looking for a donation to help move things along.  Huh, might have to go back and talk to her again...

SkyMan

Bring a book.  When I went it was in Cebuano so I read my Bible.

• Like 4

shadow

Hi Folks,

There is a good deal of information regarding the Pre-Marriage Counseling from DSWD, but I was hoping that someone might have specific experience in a couple of areas.

1.  Has anyone used a Pre-Marriage Counseling Certificate from one municipality and applied for the license in a different municipality?  For instance, use a PMC Certificate from Cebu City in Talisay?  

2.  Has anyone used proxies to obtain the certificate?  Where/how did you find the proxies?  PM if that works better.  

We're applying for the license in Talisay City and this requirement is a PITA for several reasons.  Although I AM now wondering if the woman keeping the class schedule in Talisay might actually BE sane and was simply looking for a donation to help move things along.  Huh, might have to go back and talk to her again...

You must take the seminar in the same municipality that you must apply for the marriage license in.

Some municipals will let you weasel out of the seminar in one way or another (usually for a gift), others won't.

The seminar is great fun, you get to learn about buying a dozen eggs instead of just one egg at a time, about the rhythm method of  birth control, and the reproductive system (did you know that a man's organ gets harder when he is aroused?). Why would anyone want to skip it?

By the time we got through the seminar and all the other BS to get our marriage license, the wife was not sure she wanted to marry me, and the city hall folk were trying to talk her out of it.

• Like 5

woodchopper

By the time we got through the seminar and all the other BS to get our marriage license, the wife was not sure she wanted to marry me, and the city hall folk were trying to talk her out of it.

:ROFLMAO:  :ROFLMAO:

• Like 1

colemanlee

Amazing how different places here can have different experiences about the same thing.....we got married in a small municipality fairly close to Tacloban, a couple of weeks after Yolanda....completely painless...marriage counseling consisted of the woman asking the wife what it was like to date and American...and congratulating her on her catch....medical physical consisted of the question...are you feeling ok.....filling out the paperwork took about a half a day...ten days later after posting the marriage on the wall of the office....we were back in the Mayors office for five minutes of her saying something at which time I looked at the wife and asked her..so are we married now....to which she replied ...yep.....jump into the car and head back to home....

As usual....your mileage may vary...

• Like 2

Mikal

You must take the seminar in the same municipality that you must apply for the marriage license in.

Some municipals will let you weasel out of the seminar in one way or another (usually for a gift), others won't.

The seminar is great fun, you get to learn about buying a dozen eggs instead of just one egg at a time, about the rhythm method of  birth control, and the reproductive system (did you know that a man's organ gets harder when he is aroused?). Why would anyone want to skip it?

Hahaha!  Yep, and I was doing so well...right up to the woman with the counseling schedule book and the chair with DSWD written on the back.  :-)  I'm actually willing to attend, had been planning on it, even though I don't have much broad, general interest in men's organs.  

Amazing how different places here can have different experiences about the same thing.....we got married in a small municipality fairly close to Tacloban, a couple of weeks after Yolanda....completely painless...marriage counseling consisted of the woman asking the wife what it was like to date and American...and congratulating her on her catch....medical physical consisted of the question...are you feeling ok.....filling out the paperwork took about a half a day...ten days later after posting the marriage on the wall of the office....we were back in the Mayors office for five minutes of her saying something at which time I looked at the wife and asked her..so are we married now....to which she replied ...yep.....jump into the car and head back to home....

As usual....your mileage may vary...

Yes, that's why I mentioned Talisay City specifically.  Thanks!

shadow

If I get bored will write about our experience. It was three weeks of hell, but it's kinda funny now.