Looking for Suppliers of 24v and 12v Water Pumps

Ozepete

James, having read through your posts it is clear that you need a bullet proof power supply and the only way is to generate your own.

I would suggest a 15KVA 3 cyl. Kubota diesel coupled to a Stamford 4 pole alternator (1500RPM, consumption of 3 litre per hour at 75% load)

Kubota diesels and Stamford alternators are by far the best in their field.

This sized gen set is commonly used as a back up and therefore there are many around that have done bugger all work. I have seen these sold for a fraction of the price of new here in Oz. (Used but low hours about $5K)

You could also have a 'cheapie' 15KVA petrol gen-set as a stand by.

• Like 2
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JamesMusslewhite

• Paul

• Woolf

• to_dave007

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

James, first you need to design your pump system / requirements knowing your flow rate and head pressure etc., so you can determine your total power requirements. As an estimate you will need approx.

Try a company called Interlock.  they specialize in water pumps.   NEW INTERLOCK SALES & SERVICES Door No. 3 NGS building, M. J. Cuenco Avenue. Mabolo, Cebu City 6000 Philippines Tel nos. (032)

There are two issues I am facing with the grid power to this small island. One is regular brownouts some lasting two or three days. In the ten weeks I have been here we have had more than ten days wit

JamesMusslewhite

Given these factors, what makes this remote island location, with poor power reliability, a good location for this lobster hatchery?

Does it help you if you separately consider how to:

- CIRCULATE or MOVE the water (this is the one that MUST be continuous, and could be accomplished without pumping water)

- AERATE the water (you likely have more time to restore this if power interrupted)

- FLUSH the water (and even more time to accomplish this)

The location and topography are perfect. Yes the local grid is an issue but that can be worked through. I have been working on this issue for quite some time now and I have calculated my water volumes. I have designed the tank system where no water has to be lifted higher than six feet nor pumped distances and even my filtration equipment requires little in the way of line pressure. I can not count the time in my past that I have designed professional waterworks, waterfall, and ponds in residential and commercial landscapes. I fully understand line resistances as I possessed a commercial irrigators license. I have already figured out all my flow rates which I have listed by each type of pump on the OP list. As we say in Texas I have been to this rodeo before.

What I am looking for is quite simple and complicated. These pump requirements are available and manufactured in China and with all the upscale homes here in the Philippines with pools, waterworks and ponds I am quite sure what I need is available here, it is just a matter seeking out a viable supplier. Each pump on the OP list can be found in 12v or 24v on eBay but shipping them here makes them susceptible to possible outrageous customs fees or unnecessary issues with the postal services or seller. These should be easier to find here in areas where the ship and boating industry is more prevalent or where pockets upscale dwellings or office parks are located. This would mean more chances of professional pool builders, landscapers or suppliers to smaller pleasure crafts or boat builders. And as most of the Pumps I have found in 12v cost less than $100 dollars I am sure these same types of pumps are more appealing here than high dollar upscale pumps. These are cheap, disposable and quite affordable to maintain a back up supply on hand which can easily and quickly be switched out brought back on line in mere minutes. I am just looking for a supplier or supplier where I can easily travel to so I can physically handle the merchandise before actually purchasing and be able to walk out with the product in hand.

These are the ones I have been looking at for a while now and they would certainly suffice for my needs.    

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Marine-bilge-pump-12v-4700-GPH_547981109.html?spm=a2700.7724857.0.0.KoCz0q

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/121376922532?item=121376922532&vectorid=229466&rmvSB=true

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3500gph-Marine-Boat-Bilge-Sump-Pump-12v-Unlike-Rule-3700gph-4-Year-Warranty-/191290399333

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/24V-DC-marine-Auto-Bilge-Pump_642153138.html

http://www.ebay.ph/sch/i.html?_odkw=12v+marine+pump&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trk

sid=m570.l1313&_nkw=12v+sump+pump&_sacat=0

The water has to be cycled through protein skimmers, sand filters and UV sterilizer 5 times daily. Aeration is a huge factor when dealing with Stage I - Stage III larvae. They are delicate and unforgiving at the slightest slipup or mistake. Tens of thousands could simply perish overnight through die-out of cannibalism and every larvae I can get to survive past stage IV and get into my floating net cages is a potential marketable sale of 90pnp - 1,200php. One quarter of my total water volume needs to be released (flushed) weekly which is why I will have a concrete saltwater reserve tank which is 5 feet wide x 10 feet long x 6 feet high. This is to insure I have a clean ready supply which is well aerated and of the same temperature, salinity, pH and adequately sterilized even during the heavy rain cycles which quickly make the shoreline water sources to brackish to be introduced into a closed-circulation system. I must do everything to insure I can keep my system free of contaminates and sterile to prevent disease.  

JamesMusslewhite

James, having read through your posts it is clear that you need a bullet proof power supply and the only way is to generate your own.

I would suggest a 15KVA 3 cyl. Kubota diesel coupled to a Stamford 4 pole alternator (1500RPM, consumption of 3 litre per hour at 75% load)

Kubota diesels and Stamford alternators are by far the best in their field.

This sized gen set is commonly used as a back up and therefore there are many around that have done bugger all work. I have seen these sold for a fraction of the price of new here in Oz. (Used but low hours about $5K)

You could also have a 'cheapie' 15KVA petrol gen-set as a stand by.

I will be using a small array of solar panels, a couple of dozen wind generators and I am presently working on a design for several simple tidal generators. Though I will have to maintain a power bank of batteries I should only have to use a generator in emergencies. I will still have the electric grid but I am designing the system to weather any possible long-term brownout, and as my voltage requirements will be easily manageable. I will not be so dependent on fuel generators. But as you probably know it is also wise to have a backup for the generator as well just incase the primary generator has issues. I am certainly planning on diesel as it is easier to store in volume as it has little use to the locals due to the fact they can not use it in their motorcycles and most boat motors when it is needed the fuel drums should still be full... this just not be the case if I was storing gasoline.  :biggrin_01:  

I will certainly look into the availability of the generator you mentioned, thanks for the info.

• Like 1

Keep in mind one thing. Bilge and similar pumps, are not designed to run 24 / 7 / 365. I had considered going with bilge pumps for my AP system, but changed my mind later. There are DC powered water pumps here, though, that are designed to run continuously. I may be mistaken about this, James. But, I don't believe I am. Definitely check this, before going with bilge pumps.

• Like 2
JamesMusslewhite

Keep in mind one thing. Bilge and similar pumps, are not designed to run 24 / 7 / 365. I had considered going with bilge pumps for my AP system, but changed my mind later. There are DC powered water pumps here, though, that are designed to run continuously. I may be mistaken about this, James. But, I don't believe I am. Definitely check this, before going with bilge pumps.

No you are right. My primary pumps will be saltwater rated spa pumps which will first be connected to the grid. They are self priming and can easily handle the input and output lift and head requirements. The pumps listed in the OP are for an initial battery back up system to keep water in circulation if the grid power drops, and for my sumps which will all be using flow switches. I have used Rule submersibles in my old 32 foot OCB cabin cruiser in both my bilge and live bait wells. I also knew professional fishermen who would go out for months using them then their bait wells which easily handled 24/7 long-term usage which lasted them years in regular service in the Gulf of Mexico. As long as you are using clean water with extremely low lift needs or head restrictions they work quite well and should easily get me through my first couple of crops. From my floor sumps I need no pipe reduction and will direct dump water into the filtration collection tank and my longest pipe run will be only 50 feet and most under 35 feet from sump to collection tank and with a total rise of less than 6 feet. These pumps should get me through my first couple of crops which then allow me to upgrade to more expensive pump units. 

The Jacuzzi/saltwater spa pumps will be pushing all my main water circulation needs while the power grid is up, these 12v bilge pumps only during brownouts. I can put in a small solar array and battery bank and use a small fuel generator during brownouts. It will take me time to build the wind generators and aerators, tidal generators, and increase the number of solar panels and build the larger battery banks. For now these bilge pumps are a inexpensive short-term backup solution to insure that my first couple of crops survive a long brownout event.  

• Like 2