Looking for Suppliers of 24v and 12v Water Pumps

JamesMusslewhite

I am presently starting on the construction of several large saltwater tanks for a small lobster hatchery here in the Surigao area. I will need to be pumping a total water volume of 22,700 gallons (86,000 liters) of saltwater through my filters five times daily. Due to the undependability of the power grid to this little island I will be using 24v and 12v submersible marine water pumps. To do this properly I will need the following pump requirements.

5 submersible pump saltwater rated @ 4,200 gph (15,898 lph) - 70 gpm (254  lpm)

1 submersible pump saltwater rated @ 3,600 gph (13,627 lph) - 60 gpm (227  lpm)

1 submersible pump saltwater rated @ 960 gph (3633.6 lph) - 16 gpm (60.6 lpm)

1 submersible pump saltwater rated @ 360 gph (1362.6 lph) -  6 gpm (22.7 lpm)

1 submersible pump saltwater rated @ .10.4 gph (.655 gph) -.17 gpm (.6 lpm).   

I hope that members in Cebu, Manila or Davao perhaps know of a business which actually sell 24v or 12v submersible marine pumps and can get me their contact information.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JamesMusslewhite

• Paul

• Woolf

• to_dave007

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

James, first you need to design your pump system / requirements knowing your flow rate and head pressure etc., so you can determine your total power requirements. As an estimate you will need approx.

Try a company called Interlock.  they specialize in water pumps.   NEW INTERLOCK SALES & SERVICES Door No. 3 NGS building, M. J. Cuenco Avenue. Mabolo, Cebu City 6000 Philippines Tel nos. (032)

There are two issues I am facing with the grid power to this small island. One is regular brownouts some lasting two or three days. In the ten weeks I have been here we have had more than ten days wit

^

Have you considered eBay or Alibaba?

• Like 1
JamesMusslewhite

^

Have you considered eBay or Alibaba?

Problem with eBay is the unknown customs fee which could be imposed of the atrociously undependable postage system. Albaba I have looked and they all require volumes of 30-300 of each type of pump and are all direct sale from Chinese manufactures, not from local Philippine dealers where I can purchase in small numbers and or travel to physically look and handle these various pumps. I also have to consider the ability to quickly get access to possible replacement pumps later on..

mahogany

Not my line of expertise, but maybe a lead: solar pumping systems?

Lorentz is into solar powered water pumping - http://www.sgmcitrading.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=54 

They seem to be associated with http://www.matec.com.ph/renewable/solar-pumps.php

This link may answer some of your questions http://www.lorentz.com.ph/faqs.html

And on OLX I found this https://www.olx.ph/item/surgeflo-solar-120-watts-deep-well-water-pump-12-24-volts-dc-ID7caWr.html?p=8&h=f1caaad4bd#f1caaad4bd

Hope you find what you need.

• Like 1
to_dave007

Try a company called Interlock.  they specialize in water pumps.

NEW INTERLOCK SALES & SERVICES
Door No. 3 NGS building, M. J. Cuenco Avenue. Mabolo, Cebu City 6000 Philippines
Tel nos. (032) 231-5906 / 231-5907Telefax nos (032) 231-5907 / 412-8431
Email Add: [email protected]
BACOLOD: (034) 466-3375
CAGAYAN DE ORO: (088) 858-4212 , 858-1776

There is couple old timers working at the Mabolo store that are pretty knowledgeable.  If they don't have what you want, I should think they know where to get it.

Edited by to_dave007
  • Like 3
JamesMusslewhite

Not my line of expertise, but maybe a lead: solar pumping systems?

Lorentz is into solar powered water pumping - http://www.sgmcitrading.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=54 

They seem to be associated with http://www.matec.com.ph/renewable/solar-pumps.php

This link may answer some of your questions http://www.lorentz.com.ph/faqs.html

And on OLX I found this https://www.olx.ph/item/surgeflo-solar-120-watts-deep-well-water-pump-12-24-volts-dc-ID7caWr.html?p=8&h=f1caaad4bd#f1caaad4bd

Hope you find what you need.

Thank you for the information. I have opened each URL you provided and emailed each a list of my pumps and their output requirements. Perhaps one or more of those links could be of assistance..... Thanks

JamesMusslewhite

Try a company called Interlock.  they specialize in water pumps.

NEW INTERLOCK SALES & SERVICES

Door No. 3 NGS building, M. J. Cuenco Avenue. Mabolo, Cebu City 6000 Philippines

Tel nos. (032) 231-5906 / 231-5907Telefax nos (032) 231-5907 / 412-8431

Email Add: [email protected]

BACOLOD: (034) 466-3375

CAGAYAN DE ORO: (088) 858-4212 , 858-1776

There is couple old timers working at the Mabolo store that are pretty knowledgeable.  If they don't have what you want, I should think they know where to get it.

Thank you I just sent them an email

to_dave007

Thank you I just sent them an email

I'm not kidding when I say "old timers"..  you might be better off calling them to discuss your requirement. English is good.  Would not surprise me if they don't check email often.  Ask for "the older guy that sits at the small back office".

• Like 1

And I would like to come and see Your lobster hatchery. Respect for guys who do it. And I never been to Surigao.

Danishman
A now, unfortunately, deceased friend of mine who lived in Samar, bought some years ago, solar powered water pumps to his fish ponds from:

Hope it is useful for you, James.
  • Like 1
Ozepete

James, for the sizes you need you may be better using 240VAC pumps and use a back up AC gen-set.

Running pumps especially the bigger ones you want is going to consume huge amounts of power and being 12/24VDC will not be more efficient. Purchasing 12/24VDC pumps will cost several times more than AC pumps and that is if you can find them.

Cheers

Edited by Ozepete
JamesMusslewhite

And I would like to come and see Your lobster hatchery. Respect for guys who do it. And I never been to Surigao.

I have a thread on the subject of the hatchery and if you go to YouTube and type James Musslewhite lobster I have been posting videos of the project every few days on the progress of the project. We are making the form for the 3rd foundation and have poured the first two forms. I still have to lineout where the three remaining 8 foot x 8 foot forms will be built, but progress is moving at a nice pace. Everything needed has to be transported here to this little island by boat which sometimes conflicts with well laid plans but I have enough small projects started to allow me to adjust and keep the workers busy. I hope to have the facility up and running with product in the trays by this time next year.

I have traveled from north of Baguio and all the way down to Davao and I really like the Surigao City/ Dinaget Island area the best. It is a small city with a big town feel which is certainly nothing special but the diversity of the little islands and communities suit me well enough. It is a foreigner friendly environment which is very business friendly. Plenty of school, healthcare and dental with a small airport, bus terminal and two ferry ports and plenty of regular pumpboat services to the smaller surrounding areas. There is quality fishing and world class surfing just mere hours away by boat as well as caves and waterfalls. But I guess it is the genuine warmth of the locals which I guess I like best, as it always feels like home... :biggrin_01:

bargeman

I'm not kidding when I say "old timers"..  you might be better off calling them to discuss your requirement. English is good.  Would not surprise me if they don't check email often.  Ask for "the older guy that sits at the small back office".

His name is Ben.

I have used this company many times and always had excellant service and advise.

• Like 2
JamesMusslewhite

A now, unfortunately, deceased friend of mine who lived in Samar, bought some years ago, solar powered water pumps to his fish ponds from:

Hope it is useful for you, James.

Thanks I sent them an email.

JamesMusslewhite

James, for the sizes you need you may be better using 240VAC pumps and use a back up AC gen-set.

Running pumps especially the bigger ones you want is going to consume huge amounts of power and being 12/24VDC will not be more efficient. Purchasing 12/24VDC pumps will cost several times more than AC pumps and that is if you can find them.

Cheers

It is my intent to run primarily off the power grid and not have to depend on fuel generators. This is a small island outside of the city proper and all fuel would have to be delivered by boat. Big generators require reserve fuel storage and logistic issues transporting and storing 55 gallon drums of fuel to and from the island. One good storm and I could be in brownout for months. Using 24v or 12v systems means I can utilize alternative power sources (solar, wind, tidal) and would require a much smaller generator only as an extreme backup requiring far less dependence on a generator. Plus day to day savings due to less power needs required to operate.