Hello Everyone

stunnshot

:D

Hello,Iam Rene Stunn, Ive just arrive from Finland.Will meet my chatmate for 2 years now finally,but she tells me to meet parents first??????

Iam 63 and she is 22 something,any advice on do's and dont?

Hello,Iam Rene Stunn, Ive just arrive from Finland.Will meet my chatmate for 2 years now finally,but she tells me to meet parents first??????

Hi, and welcome to the forum. I don't have any good advice, but there is a ton of information on the forums if you look around. I am sure one of the othermembers will have some great advice soon.

Garrett

Seems like you are struggling with English a bit but we need more information to advise you properly. What kind of chat mate? Romantic one? She wants you to meet her with her parents in tow, or she wants you to meet with them before she meets you?

MattFromGA

It is very common for a Filipina that young to want someone they know with them during that first visit. This is thrice as true when it comes to the type that isnt "working the system" looking for a foreigner or 5 to pay their way in the world. I consider it a weak sign of her being a nice and legitimate girl. However, dont go with them to some provincial area alone with all your cash in the first visit.

Think long and hard about turning that girl into your wife, and take that relationship slow. How will she feel when she is 30 and you are 70? You need to find the absolute truth about this, or it could be....

http://www.livingincebuforums.com/inde...?showtopic=9662

Welcome Stunnshot.

In this situation,I would only meet the parents in the lobby of my hotel and try to get a handle on what's happening that the woman you were to meet is'nt there.I have heard of men meeting woman they have corresponded with,with there parent's and other family members but never without your intended.I am probably wrong,but it seems a little disrespectful for her not to be there to meet you after travelling so far for her.Maybe have dinner with the parents but I would'nt leave the hotel.It could be something simple like the girl is extremely shy,although I never met a filippina that shy.I would'nt make any money promises either.They may want to give you the once over and report back to the daughter.Have you both exchanged photos of each other?Always keep your passport,credit cards,money and the like in a definite place where only you can get to them,this means if and when you should be with your woman in all circumstances,"and don't change that".

Welcome Rene,

You dont give enough information to give any sensible advice and its not clear what you are worried about. If you intend to have a relationship with her obviously you will end up meeting her family some time during your visit however if you are just going for a fling then meeting the parents is her safety barrier.

Give us more information and then maybe you can get more intelligent answers.

Do relax and take your time to find out things

Be nice and polite to everybody, smile.

Don't do anything you don't want to do.

Don't make promises you might regret.

Do ask more questions, be clear on what you want to know or are worried about.

Welcome Stunnshot.

In this situation,I would only meet the parents in the lobby of my hotel and try to get a handle on what's happening that the woman you were to meet is'nt there.

Unless they already know what hotel you are in, do it at another hotel lobby in case this is a set up. Then they will not know where you are. If she wants you to meet her parents without her being there, I'd be very suspicious! could be she is really a bayut and does not want you to see her!

Edited by Bob Ward

:welcome: I think the best thing that you can do is to meet them in a restaurant for lunch or dinner,you dont have to tell them that they are invited to eat out,many filipino father prefer suitors to visit their house than to be invited outside to eat,they may find it offensive and informal.Dont bring too much cash with you,just enough to last you for a night,your white skin and long nose is a very big asset,which means automaticaly you are a walking cash machine so beware,however tell them how much you spend for this journey just for this girl,it is important to make her feel cherished specially when the parents is around,many parents opposed to the idea to have a foreigner son inlaw.This is bacause there are abusive ones,pervs,freaks,would treat thier preciouse beloved daughter like maids or just simply because you might take her away.But be carefull,dont rush her to go to bed with you right away,you might wake up with all the realtives on your neck,rushing you off to a shotgun wedding.

BE COOL BUT DONT FREEZE!!!!!

:wub:

eggnoggin

Be careful flirting with your waitress in Cebu... seems that some reclusive expats have a neurotic compulsion to violently confront any florid scandinavians doing so.. there will no doubt be an even more intense reaction by the extremely pudgy of that particular group to any similar invasive violation by a Lapbander...

Edited by eggnoggin