Advice for a shy guy in Cebu City?

you joking, right?

nope... been a very frequent customer to the quest hotel I stayed. Most of others seem to be holding some sort of family reunion dinner. No-one at bar at midnight.

Perhaps it's the timing? same in Taipei. But then I have never been to a real bar.. only for dining and music. different type of customers??

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ologist

• TheWhiteKnight

• Skywalker

• ckfm

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I used to try that approach . Then i got tired of being by myself .  If you want to make something happen in just about anything in life you have to be prepared to make it happen.

My advice would be to forget "trying" to make a quick hookup.  Just go somewhere and have fun.  Go to Moalboal and try snorkeling or scuba diving.  Go to Oslob and see the whales.  Take a tour around

Found out several decades ago that a bottle or two of Red Horse erases all traces of shyness.

Posted Images

smokey

Besides laughing..  what advice do YOU have for the man?..  or is being helpful not in your nature?

date sally and her 4 friends... come on I want to meet a good girl a virgin but as I am only here a few weeks and spent a lot of money I expect her to stop the grinning and drop the linin

• Like 2

nope... been a very frequent customer to the quest hotel I stayed. Most of others seem to be holding some sort of family reunion dinner. No-one at bar at midnight.

Perhaps it's the timing? same in Taipei. But then I have never been to a real bar.. only for dining and music. different type of customers??

You can walk from your hotel. General Maxilom Avenue. Behind fooda is a popular one on Queen's road.

We are talking neon lights, so quite bright at night.

Headshot

I got addicted to girls and bars.

The Philippines may not be the best place for somebody with an uncontrolled addictive personality. There are lots of things in the Philippines that can become addictive, and many of them can kill you or get you killed. At the very least, they will destroy your finances. Women might be part of the list of addictive things if you are hanging out with the wrong kinds of women.

• Like 1

The Philippines may not be the best place for somebody with an uncontrolled addictive personality. There are lots of things in the Philippines that can become addictive, and many of them can kill you or get you killed. At the very least, they will destroy your finances. Women might be part of the list of addictive things if you are hanging out with the wrong kinds of women.

Correct, best to sit alone and just watch.

Def not a place or places for a new comer to this country.

Edited by ckfm
dnl_grout

Then, as if by magic, the LinC lounge lizards shuffle up with all sorts of advice, ranging from get tanked up on Red Horse to whale watching in Oslob.  You couldn't make this up!  

Yes they can they just did

We are entertaining ourselves wile waiting for weather he did or did not

Were you expecting use to just set on our thumb wile all the drama unfolds?

• Like 1
RFulmer

The Philippines may not be the best place for somebody with an uncontrolled addictive personality.

yeah it's easy to get addicted to going out there with cheap beer and nice bars with beautiful women around (not bar girls) I can't wait to go back to fix my craving although not too keen with all the executions going on these days so quite happy to stay home for a few years till the storm dies down.

I WAS A SHY GUY  ALSO BUT  IN PHILIPPINES THEY WILL TEACH  YOU HOW TO SMILE   JUST TAKES TIME  ... 

• Like 1
Paul

What bars? I never saw any filipina in hotel bars... occasionally western tourists but most of time it's only me who drink.

you joking, right?

He's not allowed out after 9pm.

• Like 3

Tell him to go to the mall, catch an attractive woman's eye, smile.  If she smiles back he is in very, very good shape.  No need to be slick, eloquent or charming.  Sounds like the sort of guy that is sincere...and he will get a LOT of mileage out of that.  If he comes across as being shy, so much the better.  He will kill it.  Seriously.

But please do warn him - in some places, Ayala in particular, if a 'woman' approaches him aggressively then he is almost certainly in for more than he may have bargained for.  And steer clear of that Bos on the terraces, 3rd level maybe.  Just walking through the mall to Metro yesterday I was approached twice.  But I managed to fight them off and cling to my virginity for another day. hehe.

Edit:  Oh, and depending on where he's from in the US...  I used to go out to SM Seaside a good deal.  I grew up playing ice hockey so I know how to skate.  Very few phils women know how to skate, most are clinging to rails trying to stay upright and laughing like crazy.  It can be very easy to meet women on the ice - they fall down, you pick them up.  Pun intended. ;-)

Edited by Mikal
  • Like 3

Oh my goodness this thread has really come to life!!!!!!  LOL.  I just gave Dan the link so hopefully he will sign up and weigh in.  Thanks so much to everyone who replied!!!!  This reminds me of when I was in Dan's situation and looking for a girl way back when- 8 1/2 years ago it must be.  Paul totally hooked me up; we've been married for 5+ years now.  Where does the time go????

• Like 1

Dan is trying to set up an account but didn't get the email.  Checked his spam folder- nothing.  Is there a way to re-send it?

He's waiting for admin approval now.  :)

Where is the admin when you need him?  This is an emergency!!!  LOL

I will give an update while Dan waits to be approved.  My wife's sister took him to some places to drink last night.  Well, that is what he thought.  It turns out some of these places were offering companionship as well as libations, and he enjoyed himself a lot.