• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ologist

• TheWhiteKnight

• Skywalker

• ckfm

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I used to try that approach . Then i got tired of being by myself .  If you want to make something happen in just about anything in life you have to be prepared to make it happen.

My advice would be to forget "trying" to make a quick hookup.  Just go somewhere and have fun.  Go to Moalboal and try snorkeling or scuba diving.  Go to Oslob and see the whales.  Take a tour around

Found out several decades ago that a bottle or two of Red Horse erases all traces of shyness.

Posted Images

Nangulo

What's wrong with Mango?  If he's only here for two weeks, he's not looking for a bride.

• Like 4
TheWhiteKnight

I used to try that approach . Then i got tired of being by myself .  If you want to make something happen in just about anything in life you have to be prepared to make it happen.

And here in the PH - you can get a quite bit more than you imagined for just a little bit of effort.

Headshot

My wife and I introduced them. 

So, what does your wife think he should do? I presume that she knows the girl well enough to know what is really going on. If the girl really isn't into him, then he should move on now, and not waste any more time on her. As for where he should go or what should he do, that really depends on what he is looking for. If he is looking for a real relationship, then he should stay away from Mango Avenue, Subic Bay and Angeles City. Those are the places he should go if all he is looking for is a girl to play with during his trip.

Some of the best girls are working (NOT as GRO's or dancers), so he will most likely meet them while they are at work. Malls are good places to meet girls ... as are restaurants and fast food places (because there are many girls working there), but girls who are just wandering the mall may or may not be the best ones to look for (if looking for a lasting relationship). Any girl who approaches you is automatically suspect. Another avenue is to have your wife contact her other friends on the island to ask for referrals. Almost every woman on Cebu knows two or three eligible girls who would like to meet a foreigner (even if they are too shy to initiate anything). Hopefully networking can set him up to meet somebody nice.

If meeting somebody isn't really that important to him, then tell him to just get out and have fun (whatever that entails for him). He will likely meet women just getting out and doing what he likes anyway, and at least there is already some sort of common interest. One of the biggest mistakes would be to pursue a girl he has absolutely nothing in common with. At the very least they should at least share some of their values and interests, and there shouldn't be any flagrant conflicts in values or interests.

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 2
TheWhiteKnight

What's wrong with Mango?  If he's only here for two weeks, he's not looking for a bride.

Mango still makes me shy haha.

mistaeric

A shy guy most likely has the blue balls and just wants to get laid in two weeks as much as possible! Try the mall action first and find a girl you like. Hello Im so and so,,would you like to join me for lunch or coffee? If no luck then go to Lone Star Bar that night bout 10pm to check out the selection :-)

rainymike

He's there for two weeks and wants to find a relationship? Probably better to get the lay of the land and the people first. What's the rush anyway? He's still young. Why not pursue his hobbies/interests in a social setting? Make a few acquaintances that could become friendships (men and women) which lead to relationships down the road. I include men in the list because they most likely will have a sister, or cousin, or know someone. 

Why pressure the guy? Leave him to his own devices. Have some fun on the trip. I certainly wouldn't want blind dates or pressure to get involved. If the chemistry isn't there right away, it just isn't. You might not really be doing him a favor by wanting to get him hooked up. I was a shy guy when I was younger and I always found it awkward when a good friend would try to set me up. It just wasn't my style. Once I decided not to be such a loner, it didn't take me too long to figure things out.

• Like 1
TheWhiteKnight

He's there for two weeks and wants to find a relationship? Probably better to get the lay of the land and the people first. What's the rush anyway? He's still young. Why not pursue his hobbies/interests in a social setting? Make a few acquaintances that could become friendships (men and women) which lead to relationships down the road. I include men in the list because they most likely will have a sister, or cousin, or know someone. 

Why pressure the guy? Leave him to his own devices. Have some fun on the trip. I certainly wouldn't want blind dates or pressure to get involved. If the chemistry isn't there right away, it just isn't. You might not really be doing him a favor by wanting to get him hooked up. I was a shy guy when I was younger and I always found it awkward when a good friend would try to set me up. It just wasn't my style. Once I decided not to be such a loner, it didn't take me too long to figure things out.

Get that guy in to a girly bar and it will change his life, for better or worse, who knows, but he hasn't lived yet.

lynette

Hi sir, my name is Lynette (Paul knows me well).  I might be able to help your friend's dilemma.  I have a single nephew not gay and very nice guy that knows where the sight seeing places if time permits. 

He have a vehicle (L300 no ac) that can take him to Kawasan Falls (canyonering?), swimming with the whales (Oslob?), Argao Beach Club, Obong Springs, mountain climbing in (Mantalongon), etc.  If your friend wants to meet some girls I can have my nephew bring some girls with him especially his English needs some help.  One girl (30 years old) in particular I know that is pretty and very nice not a GRO and can speak good English that can be a translator.  He probably will charge him around 3500 back and forth to Cebu City.  He is also familiar with Bohol since he have a lot of friends there.  He likes snorkeling and we do have some snorkels to use.

If your friend doesn't care for non-ac vehicle my nephew or that girl can probably drive him around town and provinces if he wants to rent a car.  Yes that girl knows how to drive.  She was the one who teached my other nephew how to drive.   If interested let me know my FB account is Marites Blair message me there or my nephew's cell# XXXXXXXXX.  His name is Jobert Barro. 

You don't want to post any phone numbers on a public forum.  They can PM you for info if desired.

Edited by SkyMan
Davaoeno

Welcome to the all new Linc dating service !!  haha

• Like 1
Headshot

He's there for two weeks and wants to find a relationship?

He obviously came to Cebu hoping for a relationship. However, if that has fallen through, he may still use the remaining time he has here trying to meet women where there might be the possibility of a relationship in the future. Being in Cebu is by far the best way to meet good women from Cebu. There is no need to rush the process, but that doesn't mean he should just waste the opportunity that he has (IF a long-term relationship is what he wants). He can use this time for introductions. Then he should take his time and get to know them better. He should make no permanent decisions on relationships until he really knows them (however he chooses to do that).

Edited by Headshot
goggleye

I agree with Headshot look for a girl with a job. Maybe he can make up some cards with his name,phone and email address and when he sees a nice looking girl working at the mall or restaurant etc give his card and just say - you look like a nice person maybe we can chat sometime?

• Like 2

tell your friend,to quit the shyness......fake till you make it,and cowboy up........have a few brews and mount up

If you want to make something happen in just about anything in life you have to be prepared to make it happen.

True.  I can see resembles of this in your avatar DE.