Sign in to follow this  
ologist

Advice for a shy guy in Cebu City?

ologist

I have a friend who is in Cebu City right now.  He is American, 29 years old, and is visiting his Filipina girlfriend.  Problem is she is acting cold and he thinks maybe she's not that into him.  He is never married and no kids, has a stable job.  What advice would you give him if his current relationship implodes?  He is there for two weeks.  He's shy so it's hard for him to initiate contact with new girls, and I am a little leery of sending him to Filipinakisses or like sites because there are so many scammers.

Any advice is welcome!

Shrek484

I will be Lapux2 from tomorrow for a week, he can join me for a drink if he likes!! I have a nice 25 yr looking and she is sexy and not shy 

Paul

I have a friend who is in Cebu City right now.  He is American, 29 years old, and is visiting his Filipina girlfriend.  Problem is she is acting cold and he thinks maybe she's not that into him.  He is never married and no kids, has a stable job.  What advice would you give him if his current relationship implodes?  He is there for two weeks.  He's shy so it's hard for him to initiate contact with new girls, and I am a little leery of sending him to Filipinakisses or like sites because there are so many scammers.

Any advice is welcome!

Dave, as you know, the Philippines is not for the "shy" or introverted type of guy. Unless he learns to be more outgoing, he is going to find it very difficult to meet a girl. You should have tried to go with him, perhaps? 

Maybe someone here can meet up with him, to give him a bit of insight.

I have a nice 25 yr looking and she is sexy and not shy 

So, into sharing now, are we, Ash? :D

• Like 3

to_dave007

Any advice is welcome!

My advice would be to forget "trying" to make a quick hookup.  Just go somewhere and have fun.  Go to Moalboal and try snorkeling or scuba diving.  Go to Oslob and see the whales.  Take a tour around the island.  Join a tour to Bohol.  Don't try too hard to make things happen with women...  they'll happen on their own..  perhaps..  and if not, then make sure he sees and experiences Cebu.

• Like 9

ologist

Dave, as you know, the Philippines is not for the "shy" or introverted type of guy. Unless he learns to be more outgoing, he is going to find it very difficult to meet a girl. You should have tried to go with him, perhaps? 

Maybe someone here can meet up with him, to give him a bit of insight.

So, into sharing now, are we, Ash? :D

But Paul, you are shy and look at how well you do!!!!!!!!   :)

I will post his # here if anyone wants to pass along a text mate.  

My advice would be to forget "trying" to make a quick hookup.  Just go somewhere and have fun.  Go to Moalboal and try snorkeling or scuba diving.  Go to Oslob and see the whales.  Take a tour around the island.  Join a tour to Bohol.  Don't try too hard to make things happen with women...  they'll happen on their own..  perhaps..  and if not, then make sure he sees and experiences Cebu.

This is legit advice!  Thanks!

Edited by shadow
removed phone number. Please use PM feature.as per forum rules

mikewright

Found out several decades ago that a bottle or two of Red Horse erases all traces of shyness.

• Like 8

Goetz1965

Being a shy guy is no problems for the usual philippino girl. So tell him just to meet with his girlfriend, go out for a dinner and such - no intimacy is needed.
If they both feel that they like each other everything is fine. 

Remember most of the girls here are very conservative and prefer a reliable guy, not a macho or flirty type of guy.
So his shyness is in fact a big plus for his girlfriend !

• Like 1

michael_retired

Found out several decades ago that a bottle or two of Red Horse erases all traces of shyness.

Ah the ole 'courage in a bottle', nothing wrong with that if you don't get too drunk.

Two weeks doesn't sound like enough time unless he gets on it in a hurry. I think meeting girls through friends is the easiest way, you know, go out in a group....that way there's no pressure to hook up

Edited by michael_retired

Hy H

He is American, 29 years old, and is visiting his Filipina girlfriend.

How did they meet up in first place if he already call her a gf? 

• Like 1

TheWhiteKnight

Shy doesn't work here, you need the bare minimum of courage, they are even more shy than he thinks he is. However, I was in a similar boat, honestly it took me about 3 years living here full time to really get the hang of this place (still had tons of fun). I suggest next time come to Angeles City, get a hotel on fields, learn to drink a little and practice out there. (Some would disagree). Eventually he will catch on and conquer online and then the malls and then get suckered in to marriage :).

• Like 2

dnl_grout

Problem is she is acting cold and he thinks maybe she's not that into him.

Witnessed plenty guys rejected, her own friend "you don't go with him I will" and plenty of those getting the rejects are like oh my god how did he get her.

Plenty others have cousin even sister no problem, he is there on the ground not just still alive but looking fit.

He is just in a pinch focusing in one with limited time.

ckfm

Best advice I think is using it as a vacation and enjoy his time. He should get rid of the girl. Filipinas are very joyful, I am grumpy myself, lol.

• Like 2

TheWhiteKnight

So many nice friends of other blokes come to post on LINC for advice, how heart warming. :)

Edited by TheWhiteKnight

ologist

How did they meet up in first place if he already call her a gf? 

My wife and I introduced them. 

• Like 1

Lee

Hi Dave, if things do not work out with the lady he is coming to meet, then tell him to post on here saying he is your friend and then meet up with other members, surely the expats ladies will have friends who might want to go out with him. Also he should go to places where expats hang out, I am sure others on here can post some places, my meeting up with expat days are pretty much over except for one on one, or couples, so I would not know where to recommend.