Sign in to follow this  
shadow

Tougher laws regarding MOB law

shadow

3. Keeping Filipinas from becoming mail order brides

Republic Act 10906 or “An act providing stronger measures against unlawful practices, businesses, and schemes of matching and offering Filipinos to foreign nationals for purposes of marriage or common law partnership, repealing for the purpose republic act no. 6955, also referred to as the 'anti-mail order bride law'" penalizes any person who has in any way engaged in business to exploit Filipinas to offer to foreigners for marriage.

If found guilty, they will be penalized with 15 years of imprisonment and be fined with at least P500,000 thousand pesos but not more than P1-million. 

Anyone who has cooperated in the illegal act will also suffer the same penalty. However, those who operate in more than two people will be penalized with 20 years of imprisonment and a fine of at least P2-million but not more than P5-million. 

Any person who has served as an accessory to the crime will be imprisoned for 10 years and a fine of at least P100,000 but not more than P500,000. 

Meanwhile, foreign offenders will be deported to their home country and if the offender is under the employment of an establishment, then the person in-charge who participated in the act will be facing penalties. 

In turn, proceeds and penalties will be seized by the government. Victims will also receive assistance from the respective government agencies and commissions.

http://news.abs-cbn.com/focus/08/04/16/look-8-new-interesting-laws-in-the-philippines

The actual law is here;

http://www.pllo.gov.ph/images/RepublicActsNewlyApproved/RA_10906_anti-mail.order.spouse.act.pdf

woodchopper

pages are turned sideways shadow,,i hurt my neck bad!

shadow

Oh. I thought you would be laying down to read it.

• Like 1

Mikala

Isn't this kind of antiquated? Has anyone actually been accused or prosecuted in this century???

shadow

Isn't this kind of antiquated? Has anyone actually been accused or prosecuted in this century???

Paul has been accused publicly of running a MOB business, which he was not. 

Edited by shadow
  • Like 2

SkyMan

Very strange.  It says dating sites are ok.

• Like 1

A_Simple_Man

Right click.  "Turn counterclockwise"

woodchopper

sorta like "right turn ralph"?,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :yahoo:

SkyMan

Clyde.

woodchopper

Ralph was his cousin by marriage