Using USPS to Philippines

Shipping smaller items via USPS to PH is the cheapest method. Your can pay $67 for priority if you use their boxes, or if you use regular first class mail with your own box, it is much cheaper, $25.

I have sent a cell phone and shoes so far using USPS. The phone was send priority to a place near Manila, it took about 15-20 days, but it arrived and the person was thrilled. Then, sent nike shoes to another person using first class mail to General Santos on Mindanao, from SF to there, the shoes arrived in just 12 days. Paying more does not mean it will get there faster. The package still gets fast service in the US and slow service in PH. Always put a phone # on the package. the PH post office will call or text the recipient the package has arrived. Make sure the value is less than $1000 on the customs form or they may open it (they may anyway). 

easy44

I used the USPS to send credit cards 3 times in the last year, all successfully.  I used Priority Air International service, which is trackable, however once it hits the Philippines the track-ability pretty much ends.  In all instances it took about 10 days to my post office in Leyte.  I had to follow up myself when I thought it had arrived, although they did text on one occasion to let me know.

I think using a service that is trackable reduces the likelihood of the package disappearing and it is much cheaper than courier service.  Mine cost around $50 vs $100 for UPS.

liquido

Then, sent nike shoes to another person using first class mail to General Santos on Mindanao, from SF to there, the shoes arrived in just 12 days. Paying more does not mean it will get there faster.

In the future its safer to send one shoe at a time when sending shoes if you know what I mean...hehe

• Like 2
SumDumJoe

I recently opened a PhilPost box at our local mall. I have had my parents send some letters to me here to test it out. So far both letters,  which contained credit cards arrived safely in about 14 days. I have been very pleased with the service so far. I think the cost to my parents for the postage for the large manila envelopes was six or seven dollars. 

The box rental cost me 1000 pesos for the year, plus a few incidentals like duplicate key and taxes, which put the total for the first year closer to 1500 Php. They even told me if I order something from overseas, I can pay the customs duty right there at the Post Office.