Sign in to follow this  
Jimone

j park

Jimone

Hi all, with only two weeks of our visit to go, we are thinking about taking the kids , 11 and 3 , some place a little nice for a days swimming. Have been looking at j park, just down the road from us but it is a bit pricey. Any other recommendations or is j park worth the money ?? I see they ask for Filipino ID to get the local day price , 2500 peso for an adult and 1500 for kids up to 11 years old I think.. I am Australian but can provide an electricity bill in my name from our house in Cordova ,, would that cut it or you need to be Filipino ?? Any tips or info would be great ,,, thanks .. 

Skywalker

I find a Philippines drivers licence works well for getting around the double pricing.

• Like 2

Dafey

Mountain View Park has a small water park, ziplines, cabins and plenty of picnic areas. Up the mountain in Busay past Lahug. Unfortunately I don't have a price list, sorry.

• Like 1

newtocebu

Have you got an ACR card or local drivers license?

It is very pricey ( ok very overpriced ) but the buffet included in the price is very good, and the kids will love the waterpark.

We have stayed there and done the daypass deal a couple of times and enjoyed it..

There are obviously cheaper options available, but dont have what jpark has to offer.

• Like 1

Jimone

Have you got an ACR card or local drivers license?

It is very pricey ( ok very overpriced ) but the buffet included in the price is very good, and the kids will love the waterpark.

We have stayed there and done the daypass deal a couple of times and enjoyed it..

There are obviously cheaper options available, but dont have what jpark has to offer.

I do not have a ACR card or local drivers license , but my wife does, will that cover me to ?? 

newtocebu

Get your wife to do the talking.

They issue all day pass visitors the same coloured wrist band ( regardless of ethnicity )..

• Like 1

aussiekangaroo

I stayed here on my birthday a few weeks ago and got a deluxe room for 8,700 through Amoma with buffet breakfast for 2. Amoma had the cheapest price by far of any other hotel website. You can check in early if available we got there at 11am and used the park till closing time then your also permitted to use the water park until end of closing the following day but checkout of your room by 12. Overall good value and we loved the seafood platter for 1,800 at the seaside restaurant good for 2.

• Like 1

newtocebu

I stayed here on my birthday a few weeks ago and got a deluxe room for 8,700 through Amoma with buffet breakfast for 2. Amoma had the cheapest price by far of any other hotel website. You can check in early if available we got there at 11am and used the park till closing time then your also permitted to use the water park until end of closing the following day but checkout of your room by 12. Overall good value and we loved the seafood platter for 1,800 at the seaside restaurant good for 2.

Thanks for the tip mate - we are in the process of booking our trip for May next year ( we are staying at Jpark again )

I havent had any luck looking up Jpark on the Amoma website - any tricks?

• Like 1

aussiekangaroo

Thanks for the tip mate - we are in the process of booking our trip for May next year ( we are staying at Jpark again )

I havent had any luck looking up Jpark on the Amoma website - any tricks?

I can't see it on there now either but I noticed that last month as well one day it's on there the next it's not a few times. There was alot of hotels when searching for lapu lapu but now there's just a few, Give it another go tomorrow.

Edited by aussiekangaroo
  • Like 1

Gus

Jpark Island Resort and Waterpark ..on Agoda

Sent from my SM-T535 using Tapatalk

Rocketman

I was there once and it was about 95% Korean guests.

Jawny

I do not have a ACR card or local drivers license , but my wife does, will that cover me to ??

I have had only a few experiences of obtaining a "local" discount. I do have a Philippines drivers license and ACR card. However, in some instances, such as a hotel reduced rate for "locals" my wife is the one requesting and getting the doscount.

However, that said, a hotel charges basically for the room and generally accepts that as a double occupancy. A resort may set their pricing by individual, so foreigners get treated as foreigners. Best to call ahead and ask, but also be prepared for a surprise.

I've accepted the idea that the higher price is not for foreigners. It just the price and the business extends discounts to locals to encourage them to stay. I use the Marriott at the Ayala mall and always stay Friday through Sunday with a local rate which is about half the regular rate.

Hope the trip is fun.

Edited by Jawny

Goetz1965

Go to Tubod Flowing Waters in Talisay - 160php per person but with clean spring water - I really can recommend it !