lamoe

Seventy-seven years, four months, twenty-five days______10 hours and twenty-two minutes.   Oops, twenty-three minutes.  Oops___

I thought I was one of the oldest here - 69 (great symbolic age)  09-04

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lamoe

• Sonny

• sugbu777

• cebubird

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Son, it's time you quit arguing with me and listen to the wisdom of experience.    

During WWll, they were one of the most visible manifestations of the war effort.  Every household that had a man in the service displayed a small flag hung with gold cord in a window facing the street

My great-grandmother had a gold star banner hanging in her house window from WWI. Her son was killed and is buried in France. Some time in the early 1930's there was a ship (SS Republic) destined to F

colemanlee

I think the Gorilla is 78....btw Im 09/23

Jester

Seventy-seven years, four months, twenty-five days______10 hours and twenty-two minutes.   Oops, twenty-three minutes.  Oops___

Silly me and here I thought you were old.   

Sonny

Silly me and here I thought you were old.   

Getting there in a hurry______Said Tom, Swiftly.

Edited by Sonny
goggleye

I believe that Saving Private Ryan was based on the Sullivan's having all the brothers serving at the same time (in a combat area).......  If I recall correctly in the scene where they come to deliver the death notifications to Ryan's mom you can see the stars in the window of the front porch.

Whenever you are at Pearl Harbor and read the names on the Arizona memorial there are quite a few siblings and even father & son combinations that died on the Arizona that day.

Others have paid a high price for the freedom we enjoy  

Edited by goggleye
  • Like 2
Pittsburgh

Thank you Sir, that was the scene I recalled. That whole movie is amazing. Yearly watch in my house along with Band of Brothers.

• Like 1
lamoe

Thank you Sir, that was the scene I recalled. That whole movie is amazing. Yearly watch in my house along with Band of Brothers.

Opening sequences should be mandatory viewing by Congress yearly  and high school / college  snowflakes who think war is like HALO and disrespect  all military.

I went to a special showing - had advanced reserved seating for WWII vets with caregivers on hand.  Several had to be helped out of the theater during this segment.

It is a wonder Americans didn't commit more atrocities than they did..

• Like 2
goggleye

I had a morning chem class 1st period. I had a couple guys slow to rise to recite the pledge. I showed the clip from the first few minutes when they landed. they seemed to perk up is I asked them don't you want to honor these men who gave up their lives for you?

lamoe

There are those who feel they owe nothing to the military because our freedoms are given to us by the Constitution.

True, they are, but they are guaranteed  by those who were willing to sacrifice their tomorrows for those freedoms.  Doesn't matter if drafted or volunteered.