Sign in to follow this  
Shrek484

Lapu lapu urgent advice needed please

thebob

Every taxi driver Ive ever taken there, knew it ..even if prompted with ..Outsiders MC .. ahh the place with all the "big bikes" , ..and oh yeah ..Michael my friend !

I'd guess you are getting very local taxis.

• Like 1

Highlighter

done mango and a few times and not impressed, very few bars and or anything else.

Time to look further afield, I doubt you will find much Lapu Lapu. Certainly nothing wrong with wanting to stay there, but it is quiet. Maybe try Manila, Angeles, Barrio Baretto (Olongapo)

I've had better times in Tarlac than anywhere around Mango, if you know Tarlac that is saying something.

• Like 1

Mikal

Have you tried ayala?  Might not be the right place for you, but you can do a lot worse for your budget than the place below.  10 minute walk to the mall, the terraces.  All in all a very target rich environment.  Although bars aren't my things, so no idea about that.

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/5458413?checkin=08%2F08%2F2016&checkout=08%2F15%2F2016&guests=1&s=ZLMMYkmv

• Like 1

Paul

MB's has been around a very long time. I have never had an issue with a taxi not being able to find it. But...

Cross Old Bridge from Cebu. Follow that road straight to the hospital, on the right. Turn left. Go down until the road curves to the right - I believe? MB's will be on the right. 

• Like 1

ckfm

I think it's a good idea. Lapu x 2 is completely different than the other metro Cebu areas to where he already has been to. Good choice.

• Like 1

Woolf
samatm

MB's has been around a very long time. I have never had an issue with a taxi not being able to find it. But...

Cross Old Bridge from Cebu. Follow that road straight to the hospital, on the right. Turn left. Go down until the road curves to the right - I believe? MB's will be on the right. 

Correct--- you will see the rental bikes shop on the left  of the REsto...and then a bit further down to the right is the turnoff drive leading to MBs inn. marked by an Outsiders signage.

Edited by Paul

Shrek484

Thanks all,

Went for Lapu Lapu cottages in the end for two reasons mainly;-

1- They are on Agoda and I wanted to use my visa card, not my PHP

2- a better pool as I am currently doing 30 fast lengths a day in Balamban, I want to carry on doing that until I leave.

Thanks again, I will report on the place as soon as I can.

• Like 2