Sign in to follow this  
Faktor

car/van rental for cebu-simala

Faktor

hey all we are currantly in cebu. my wife would like to see simala. but we need transpo. but prices do seem a bit steep most places will only take u there for around 1700 for car and 2700 for van, then u will have to pay the same to get back. we would like to invite a few friends with us and make a fun trip. so van prefered. anyone know where we can rent a van for 2000-2500 incl driver to take us there, we can rent a taxi to get there and back for that price but that does limit the amount of passengers

Davaoeno

hey all we are currantly in cebu. my wife would like to see simala. but we need transpo. but prices do seem a bit steep most places will only take u there for around 1700 for car and 2700 for van, then u will have to pay the same to get back. we would like to invite a few friends with us and make a fun trip. so van prefered. anyone know where we can rent a van for 2000-2500 incl driver to take us there, we can rent a taxi to get there and back for that price but that does limit the amount of passengers

I'm sure it never occurred to you but the more people you invite the more you can get to share in the cost 

RogerDat

When my daughter was here first of the month, we used our neighbors rental service. Van is P2000 for 24 hours, and fuel.

It's diesel, and seats 9. If interested, Rodrigo M Lucido, 0905 268 82 84. My driver has been there before, and is authorized to use the van.

Edited by RogerDat
  • Like 1

Woolf

When my daughter was here first of the month, we used our neighbors rental service. Van is P2000 for 24 hours, and fuel.

It's diesel, and seats 9. If interested, I will get number tomorrow.

Remember meals for the driver

• Like 1

RogerDat

He ate with us at Radisson plus his pay. P 300. Drivers usually eat with the group.

Faktor

I'm sure it never occurred to you but the more people you invite the more you can get to share in the cost 

depending on their income.. most of my wifes family dont have an income that would allow to chip in so no...

cvgtpc1

And why I say I could spend a week in a Caribbean resort for the same cost as a Philippine vacation.....

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Faktor

well that guy has sold his van, after calling a ton of companies the cheapest 1 we found for a trip to argao beach and simala is 3800 peso. it makes no sense. when u look at 2-4 year old prices they are all below 3k. drivers havent got a pay increase, fuel is cheaper. peso is stronger so the vans and spare parts are cheaper and yet prices have gone up minimum 50percent.. several even asked for 5k+ 1 did charge 8k.. must be a freaking limo... so still looking for a cheap van for next sunday

Davaoeno

do what some of the locals do and rent a big jeepney .  Not only will you get to see Simala but you will also get to do so in full pinoy style !!   

If you cant afford champagne it doesnt mean you cant still buy some beer !!

• Like 1

enoonmai

I can tell you that the standard r/t price from Argao to Cebu City, whether mall or airport, is p3500. The ones that are in business all charge that. You may find some freelancers a bit cheaper. The reason why the price has gone up on all trips to (and from) the south is mainly the demand for "whale watching" in Oslob. Foreigners and tourists will pay more so they are charged more.

If your budget is tight I suggest taking the bus on a non-peak weekday. p80 per person each way and a short bike ride to this church.

• Like 2

Davaoeno

I can tell you that the standard r/t price from Argao to Cebu City, whether mall or airport, is p3500

And interestingly enough the guy who only charged 2000 has now sold his van and stopped his business ! 

• Like 1

Faktor

yaa would think he would have made a ton of money on that 1. wonder who will be the first to lower the price again. all the relief workers are almost gone wich was a huge part of those going south on relaxing trips, the first 1 to lower prices will never have vans parked not making money... just talked to a few peeps here at the hotel.. aparantly a whole fleet of vans where bought home after yolanda to accomidate the ngo ppl. they have mostly gone so up to 60 percent of the vans is usually just parked. supply is now alot bigger than demand. problem is. once u get a taste of u can charge that much u wont adjust prices down, then rather have it standing still.. instead of they make less but always booked.... 

mikewright

We were able to hire a taxi from Cebu City to Simala and return for 1,500 pesos last January. Wife did the negotiating.

Edited by mikewright
  • Like 1

Nikko

Family friend has a rental business, if i remember right, 3500 for 24hrs if you drive it yourself, 500 for the driver, toyota hi ace grandia, you get it with tank and return it full tank. I'll confirm later if still same price if you haven't rented yet. They also rent a vios but forgot the price.

lynette

Hi my name is Lynette.  I might have an answer to your dilemma.  I have a nephew name Jobert (09954164075) that have an L300 that would seat 15 people and according to him he charge 2500 pesos to Simala and back to the city and 3000 to Argao beach club and back.  The problem his L300 doesn't have ac.   He is not available this Sunday, but he said he is available the following Sunday.

If you also need assistant while you are in Argao Beach Club he can probably assist you.    

RogerDat

What guy was charging P2000 and is now out of business?

RogerDat

Well, my neighbor gave me the phone number on 30 June, said nothing about going out of business.

Noticed today only a old transit van, a tricycle, and a private car in his shelter, no word what happened, the vehicles were owned by a Korean I think.

Nikko

09257811168 (sun) or 09273843168 (globe) and look for Terax. Hope that helps.

Faktor

thanks we will look into those. its a german friend and i who will take the trip with family and friends

It's diesel, and seats 9. If interested, Rodrigo M Lucido, 0905 268 82 84. My driver has been there before, and is authorized to use the van.

that is the van sold

Faktor

Hi my name is Lynette.  I might have an answer to your dilemma.  I have a nephew name Jobert (09954164075) that have an L300 that would seat 15 people and according to him he charge 2500 pesos to Simala and back to the city and 3000 to Argao beach club and back.  The problem his L300 doesn't have ac.   He is not available this Sunday, but he said he is available the following Sunday.

If you also need assistant while you are in Argao Beach Club he can probably assist you.    

i think the ac is a must sadly i really liked the price else... we have been informed also to try diamond rental they should be cheap. located in mandaue.. sadly cant see their prices online

Pman

Rent a car and do the driving yourself?

I can rent one in Duma for 1500 piso.

Edited by Pman

Davaoeno

Rent a car and do the driving yourself?

I can rent one in Duma for 1500 piso.

He wants something big enough to fit quite a few people into. I think he said that a car was not big enough for his needs.

• Like 1

Davaoeno

commuter1.jpg?resize=460%2C245

Passenger Van

• Manual Transmission
  • Diesel
  • 4 Door Van
  • Air-conditioned

however, I think he said he doesnt want to spend that much ??
Edited by Davaoeno

Pman

commuter1.jpg?resize=460%2C245

Passenger Van

• Manual Transmission
  • Diesel
  • 4 Door Van
  • Air-conditioned

however, I think he said he doesnt want to spend that much ??

There is a range of options from 1500 piso in the link.  just providing info for him.