But when it does it's just as dark! Disaster doesn't discriminate between rich and poor.

My point, which you apparently missed, was that they do not sell them because they would not sell very well in first world countries where the power rarely goes out. I guess I am not very good at expressing my pov. :(

I have been living in our condo in Fort Lauderdale for over 3 years, power has been out zero times.

• Like 1
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paddy

• Woolf

• thebob

• Lee

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As usual I spend a fortune setting up emergency light system, and the next week they market a 4 dollar solution!

I gave up on wireless mice, just because of that problem   I had 3 to 4 wireless  that developed that problem   now I only use wired 

No, I am suggesting that stores in first world countries do not stock bulbs like that because there is little call for them.

Posted Images

shadow

But when it does it's just as dark! Disaster doesn't discriminate between rich and poor.

Well, in a way I guess it does. The power certainly does go off more in poor countries than it does in rich countries!

• Like 1
thebob

My point, which you apparently missed, was that they do not sell them because they would not sell very well in first world countries where the power rarely goes out. I guess I am not very good at expressing my pov.

I got your point just fine. You were suggesting that is isn't worth preparing for an emergency because they are so rare.

I got your point just fine. You were suggesting that is isn't worth preparing for an emergency because they are so rare.

No, I am suggesting that stores in first world countries do not stock bulbs like that because there is little call for them.

• Like 2
thebob

I see you just want to rely on the government when disaster strikes. 

I see you just want to rely on the government when disaster strikes. 

No Bob, I always had a generator when I had a house and it came in handy when we got hit with a hurricane and was without power for a few days, I gave it away to friends when I sold the house, now the Florida condo we live in has their own generator for emergencies. 

Paddy

I gave up on wireless mice, just because of that problem

I had 3 to 4 wireless  that developed that problem

now I only use wired 

Good call Woolf. It might be that this particular wireless mouse is older than the hills and getting past it!

fred42

Bought some the other day for outside..They had a small solar panel 6X4" connected by an unplug-able wire..They charge and work good..350.00 Peso each. 

goggleye

Neng got four today at the divisora in Manila. It was at the 168 wholesale mall. They were asking 100 php each but she conspired with another lady looking and they bought 8 together to get the wholesale price at 85 each. They came with the switch you screw on.

Paddy

Neng got four today at the divisora in Manila. It was at the 168 wholesale mall. They were asking 100 php each but she conspired with another lady looking and they bought 8 together to get the wholesale price at 85 each. They came with the switch you screw on.

That is a very good price. Masbate is at the very end of the global logistic chain. You either can't get a product or you pay a premium for it.

• Like 1
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

I had 3 to 4 wireless that developed that problem

now I only use wired

Don't you mean with a tail....

Using TapaTalk, so can't use emoticons

• Admin (Retired)
broden

I had 3 to 4 wireless  that developed that problem

now I only use wired 

been using one for years.. cheapy one too... use it for gaming also.. never a problem..cept when the batteries go out while a zombie hoard is coming my way

BossHog

Thanks for this topic.

I asked a worker here to look for some in the market.

He brought back five @ 185 each.

Hung them (after charging) around the yard last night in some guava trees

and they looked real pretty.

• Like 1
fred42

Thanks for this topic.

I asked a worker here to look for some in the market.

He brought back five @ 185 each.

Hung them (after charging) around the yard last night in some guava trees

and they looked real pretty.

I`d like to do something similar without having to turn them off in the morning and each one on again at night...Groan..

I was thinking of running about ten 12 volt LED`s in a tree inside lantern covers with one on off switch..

One 50 watt solar panel and the smallest battery I can get away with..

Anyone know where I can find a plan for something like that??

Edited by fred42