AussieLex

try unscrew the none magic one then turn off the switch I think that the magic bulb will turn off

I wish it was that easy, I am living in a studio unit at a local beach resort and the wiring is all screwed up and then some ... I  don't even think there is a seperate power circuit, its like all in ... but its okay, I still like the new bulb ... might try another one the same in the other light socket in the kitchen but I think its all interconnected ...

I bought it at the little hardware in Gaisano Tabunok ...

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paddy

• Woolf

• thebob

• Lee

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As usual I spend a fortune setting up emergency light system, and the next week they market a 4 dollar solution!

I gave up on wireless mice, just because of that problem   I had 3 to 4 wireless  that developed that problem   now I only use wired 

No, I am suggesting that stores in first world countries do not stock bulbs like that because there is little call for them.

Posted Images

• Administrator
Salty Dog

Sorry to burst your bubble guys, but it's not really magic.... :biggrin_01:

Woolf

:tease:      :crazy:     :tease:

You are right, not a very complicated electronic circuit

thebob

I hope whoever invented it gets filthy stinking rich...

Unfortunately that rarely happens. The inventor gets a little and the guy who sells it gets rich.

Paddy

Party pooper! But neither is magic tape :)

I am actually quite impressed by these bulbs - and would like to be more impressed if they turn out to have a good service life.

So where did you purchase these at? 

You can get them from Lazada but in our case there are a couple of stores in Masbate City that sell them (this won't help you Cebu folks).

Woolf

Do the magic bulbs have a daylight sensor 

so the light is on only when it is dark ?

This is how the ones I got work..

When the light switch  is on  and the power is on...   the light is on ( and charging )

When the light switch  is off  and the power is on...   the light is off ( not charging )

When the light switch  is on  and the power is OFF.. the light is on ( running on the internal battery )

When the light switch  is off  and the power is OFF.. the light is off

power is off..  means.. black out / brown out ..

You can also use the light when it's not plunged into the socket, 

once it has been charged,  and you touch the 2 electrical contacts,  or plug it into the 'hook' thing

it will run till it's flat.. or u stop touching the contacts

Nigel

post-15655-0-85708700-1469768455.png

Edited by noddle
Woolf

Ok

So it does not have a daylight sensor

Thanks

Paddy

Do the magic bulbs have a daylight sensor 

so the light is on only when it is dark ?

I'm pretty sure they don't. However, that would be a nice refinement.

Paddy

There is an interesting contrast between Canada (my part of it at least) and the Philippines (also my part of it). I was in Home Depot the other day looking to get some LED bulbs for my place in Toronto. There seemed to be two types on the shelves - "dumb" bulbs - that just light up when you turn the switch on and "smart" bulbs that do that but also have various effects that can be controlled by an app on your phone. In Masbate I only saw the dumb bulbs (the magic rechargeable ones were "discovered" by my partner after I got back here).

The contrast seems to be that in Canada, folks want light or light and fancy effects. In Masbate, folks just seem to want light! One explanation could be the differences between Ontario Hydro, which delivers clean, reliable power and MASELCO which - doesn't.

• Like 1
Paddy

[deleted]

Edit - sorry about the double post. My mouse is giving double taps all over the place. Perhaps I need a smarter, magic mouse! :)

Edited by Paddy
  • Like 1
Woolf

[deleted]

Edit - sorry about the double post. My mouse is giving double taps all over the place. Perhaps I need a smarter, magic mouse! :)

I gave up on wireless mice, just because of that problem

I had 3 to 4 wireless  that developed that problem

now I only use wired 

• Like 2
shadow

There is an interesting contrast between Canada (my part of it at least) and the Philippines (also my part of it). I was in Home Depot the other day looking to get some LED bulbs for my place in Toronto. There seemed to be two types on the shelves - "dumb" bulbs - that just light up when you turn the switch on and "smart" bulbs that do that but also have various effects that can be controlled by an app on your phone. In Masbate I only saw the dumb bulbs (the magic rechargeable ones were "discovered" by my partner after I got back here).

The contrast seems to be that in Canada, folks want light or light and fancy effects. In Masbate, folks just seem to want light! One explanation could be the differences between Ontario Hydro, which delivers clean, reliable power and MASELCO which - doesn't.

Yes, some bulbs you can change colors and hues, brightness, as well can be controlled by a smart phone from the other side of the world, among other features.

Power rarely goes out in first world countries, thus no need to stock other choices that 3rd world countries where power goes out all the time would need. 

In our area of Florida we have available those LED bulbs that can be dimmed and those that cannot be dimmed.

thebob

Power rarely goes out in first world countries,...

But when it does it's just as dark! Disaster doesn't discriminate between rich and poor.