Sign in to follow this  
mistaeric

Philippines is #6 Most Dangerous Cruise Port

mistaeric

Many cruise lines travel to the Philippines, docking at Manila and a few islands of the archipelago. 

But crime is a significant concern in urban areas with theft, physical assault and robbery being most common crimes reported to local authorities last year, according to OSAC.

Several militant groups see kidnap-for-ransom as way to fund their operations, and foreigners are often targeted. Crimes related to methamphetamine production and distribution are also a concern

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2016/07/26/worlds-most-dangerous-cruise-ports.html

Jawny

No mention of STD, TB, food poisoning, traffic accidents, greedy taxi drivers, fake luxury goods, baklas, extreme weather, bedbugs, lice, large rodents, beggars, balut, mediocre to poor medical facilities, poor internet connectivity, ugly tourists, overweight expats, lousy cable television channel choices......more?

This sort of crap is useless information, prepared by misguided bureaucrats trying to "protect" their citizens.

If you want to be completely safe, go to visit Pyongyang.

• Like 4

SkyMan

Many cruise lines travel to the Philippines
Really?

shadow

No mention of STD, TB, food poisoning, traffic accidents, greedy taxi drivers, fake luxury goods, baklas, extreme weather, bedbugs, lice, large rodents, beggars, balut, mediocre to poor medical facilities, poor internet connectivity, ugly tourists, overweight expats, lousy cable television channel choices......more?

This sort of crap is useless information, prepared by misguided bureaucrats trying to "protect" their citizens.

If you want to be completely safe, go to visit Pyongyang.

Why mention all the good things for tourists to experience, leave some for surprise!

Really?

Hey, it's Fox News...

• Like 8

Alfred E. Neuman

So Cokaliong Shipping, Transasia Shipping, 2go Ferry etc.are now cruise ships?

• Like 6

Lost

Hey, it's Fox News...

It's actually click bait from some blog called "The Active Times." Not real news, even by FNC standards.

• Like 1

shadow

It's actually click bait from some blog called "The Active Times." Not real news, even by FNC standards.

I admit I'm not so sharp, but when I click the link it takes me to http://www.foxnews.com/travel. Maybe your computer takes you elsewhere? Are you lost?

Lost

I admit I'm not so sharp, but when I click the link it takes me to http://www.foxnews.com/travel. Maybe your computer takes you elsewhere? Are you lost?

Yes I see it's on the fox news website, but I meant it's not their content. Notice on the top of the article is the logo of the blog. It's the online equivalent of supermarket tabloids, dramatic headlines to drive traffic. Not that fox news is much better IMO.

shadow

Yes I see it's on the fox news website,.....    Not that fox news is much better IMO.

That was my point.

Jester

Yes I see it's on the fox news website, but I meant it's not their content. Notice on the top of the article is the logo of the blog. It's the online equivalent of supermarket tabloids, dramatic headlines to drive traffic. Not that fox news is much better IMO.

FOX news is just a broadcast, super market tabloid!

RogerDat

Who travels on cruse ships these days? I envision Love Boat passengers. If I had time and money to travel like that, I sure as H--l would not visit any third world countries in Asia. I want crisp, chilled air as I wear my blazer, and ascot while sipping juleps, and playing shuffle board.

woodchopper

"but darling,,manila bay sunsets are world famous"!

"i dont care Ralph,,u ain't going"!

Edited by woodchopper
  • Like 1

Headshot

Who travels on cruse ships these days? I envision Love Boat passengers. If I had time and money to travel like that, I sure as H--l would not visit any third world countries in Asia. I want crisp, chilled air as I wear my blazer, and ascot while sipping juleps, and playing shuffle board.

I took my wife and daughter on a seven day western Caribbean cruise last year. We all had a wonderful time, and there wasn't a shuffle board in sight. There were, however, a multitude of things to do both on and off the ship.

• Like 1

RogerDat

After 12 years in the tropics, I want to cruse Alaska, or the North Sea route.

• Like 1