Pizza and Wings at home.

fordtech

Now that we are in our home and I have a oven again we are trying to make home made from scratch pizza. Its been over a year since I have eaten a good pizza. I surfed YouTube and found what looked to be a easy recipe for the crust. It was easy except it was very very sticky. We dint have olive oil so I just used veg oil. maybe that is what caused it to be so dam sticky. In the end the crust was very good. With a limited supply of toppings we used Onions, mushrooms and ham. The mozzarella cheese we picked up at Robinson was very good. Baked it 12 minutes at 450 degrees and it came out good. 

The day before my wife made me some chicken wings, wow I am shocked on how good they came out. The sauce she made was very good. She used ketchup, Tabasco sauce, butter and sweet chili sauce. heated all that in a sauce pan then put in a Tupperware bowl, added the wings and the top and shook up the wings, they were awesome. looking forward to football(NFL) season  to get here, we now have the perfect snack for the game. 

If anyone has a easy good recipe for the pizza dough please share it here. 

Here is a link to the one we used. 

post-4885-0-44062400-1469302983_thumb.jpg

post-4885-0-62128500-1469302987_thumb.jpg

post-4885-0-64252900-1469302995_thumb.jpg

post-4885-0-54709600-1469302999_thumb.jpg

post-4885-0-48453400-1469303003_thumb.jpg

• Like 6
Enuff

S&R has evoo, sausage, ham, pepperoni and mozzarella.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1
fordtech

S&R has evoo, sausage, ham, pepperoni and mozzarella.

Correct, I used to pick up the pepperoni all the time when we lived in Angeles, the S&R in San Fernando was a regular stop. For me to shop at S&R in Cebu I need to take a Banca boat to Ormoc, fast craft to Cebu, taxi to S&R. Stay over night and then do that all over again to get home.  I hope to build my own boat someday once my house is completed and then I can get to Cebu much easier. 

Enuff

I thought that supercat or ocean jet was doing camotes to cebu.

fordtech

I thought that supercat or ocean jet was doing camotes to c

ebu.

Sent from my SM-G920V using

Tapatalk

Ocean jet does 2 trips a day from Poro. I am on Ponson Island. Poro is the center of the 3 Camotes islands.

• Like 2
colemanlee

Ocean jet does 2 trips a day from Poro. I am on Ponson Island. Poro is the center of the 3 Camotes islands.

Just curious, has to look up Camotes islands....

1. Would it not be easy to just boat to Poro and take the Ocean jet?  

2. Do you ever go to Leyte to get stuff...it seems just as close on the map?

fordtech

Just curious, has to look up Camotes islands....

1. Would it not be easy to just boat to Poro and take the Ocean jet?  

2. Do you ever go to Leyte to get stuff...it seems just as close on the map?

You would need a personal boat to get to Poro. We do all our shopping so far in Ormoc. There are 2 boats a day from Pilar to Ormoc. Pilar, Cebu Island has nothing except Sarisari type shopping. I want to change that if I can. 

bernadette

let me share this recipe which I got from a baking workshop here in Cebu....

2tsp. yeast

1 1/4 cups water

3tbsp corn oil(u can also use vegestable oil)

3 cups all purpose flour or bread flour

2tbsp sugar

1 tsp. Salt

Dissolve yeast in water. Set aside.

Mix together the flour, sugar and salt.

Make a wheel in the center and add the corn oil and yeast mixture.

Knead until the dough is smooth. Allow the dough to rise in greased bowl for 45 minutes.

Punch down. Divide into portions. Allow to rest for 10 minutes. Roll out on a floured board. Put into greased pizza pans or pizza screens. Prick with fork.

Bake immediately in a hot oven- 400F for 15 minutes.

Remove from the oven. Spread with pizza sauce. Sprinkle with cheese. Top with the choice of toppings.

Bake in a very hot oven until the bottom is brown and crisp.

• Like 4
  • 8 months later...
bluecarabao
On 7/24/2016 at 10:59 AM, bernadette said:

let me share this recipe which I got from a baking workshop here in Cebu....

2tsp. yeast

1 1/4 cups water

3tbsp corn oil(u can also use vegestable oil)

3 cups all purpose flour or bread flour

2tbsp sugar

1 tsp. Salt

Dissolve yeast in water. Set aside.

Mix together the flour, sugar and salt.

Make a wheel in the center and add the corn oil and yeast mixture.

Knead until the dough is smooth. Allow the dough to rise in greased bowl for 45 minutes.

Punch down. Divide into portions. Allow to rest for 10 minutes. Roll out on a floured board. Put into greased pizza pans or pizza screens. Prick with fork.

Bake immediately in a hot oven- 400F for 15 minutes.

Remove from the oven. Spread with pizza sauce. Sprinkle with cheese. Top with the choice of toppings.

Bake in a very hot oven until the bottom is brown and crisp.

Your recipe is close to what I use except I cut water in half and replace with milk. 

Looks like you put your dough in oven before you put toppings on. I throw toppings on freshly laid out pizza dough and throw it in 450 degree temp oven for 25 to thirty minutes,long enough to lightly brown the mozzarella which gives pizza added flavor. 

I'll have to give your method a run to see how it turns out.

• Like 1
bernadette
21 hours ago, bluecarabao said:

Your recipe is close to what I use except I cut water in half and replace with milk. 

Looks like you put your dough in oven before you put toppings on. I throw toppings on freshly laid out pizza dough and throw it in 450 degree temp oven for 25 to thirty minutes,long enough to lightly brown the mozzarella which gives pizza added flavor. 

I'll have to give your method a run to see how it turns out.

and im going to try ur method too....thanks! :)

NOSOCALPINOY

Sounds like alot of work in making a pizza at home, let alone hot wings. 

We just order home delievery from our nearby Yellow Cab, a party size pizza, called their New York's finest and also Hot Wings. Taste just as good as home made without all the fuss. 

My wife does make Korean style Hot Wings better than any Hot Wings I've ever tasted. 

NOSOCALPINOY

Yeah, why cook pizza and hot wings at home! Yellow Cab maybe in your neighborhood! 

http://tinyurl.com/mmczfac

Image result for pictures of yellow cab menu

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon
2 hours ago, NOSOCALPINOY said:

Yellow Cab

Yuck.

We affectionately refer to it as "Yellow Scab." 

Overpriced garbage IMO.

• Like 1
lolhahaha

It's like saying "Why make your own burger w/ your own toppings on the BBQ at home? There might be a Franks in your neighborhood!!!"

• Like 1
shadow
9 hours ago, NOSOCALPINOY said:

Taste just as good as home made without all the fuss. 

My wife does make Korean style Hot Wings better than any Hot Wings I've ever tasted. 

So,.... which is it?

Personally I have yet to eat a pizza or wings here better than we make at home. Maybe we are better cooks than your wife.

I agree with Monsoon, Yellow Scab sucks! 

• Like 1