Sign in to follow this  
JohnSurrey

Phone Micro SD Card Problem?

JohnSurrey

I swapped the SD card on our phone today - to do some video recording and after I've put it back the phone won't connect to the internet...

Initially I got some message about the clock being wrong and unable to connect to Google Play Services - but I put the clock right and that's disappeared.

So there's no message or anything like that... so not very helpful.

It appears to connect to the wifi ok - it's just when you try to access a web page or service or something it just tries to do it and silently gives up...

For example if I try to access a web page it'll give me a 404 web page not found message

Anyone know how to fix it ?

Woolf

Could be an idea to tell us what brand model you are talking about

JohnSurrey

Could be an idea to tell us what brand model you are talking about

I've sorted it now - you might understand what happened - seems my Duck DNS updater had got out of synch somewhere... and that sort of stopped everything else working...

Anyway, I've had a fiddle and got my ducks back in order and everything appears to working ok again now - apart from my BBC news where the pictures are blank but that maybe a cache issue . Yes - I stopped it and/or cleared the cache and that's loading the images again now.

Think I'll make do with the SD Card that's in there next time :)

Edited by JohnSurrey

USMC-Retired

If the time or date is off then it will not connect to web pages.  I have had that happen where the date was 10 years off.  

JohnSurrey

If the time or date is off then it will not connect to web pages.  I have had that happen where the date was 10 years off.  

Yeah that was broken too - but that was the first thing I fixed and it still didn't work... anyway all back up and running now - thanks