skhye01

OFW wants to be financially independent

skhye01

Hi guys am newbie in this site, currently working in United Arab Emirates for almost 2 years but life here still so tough so I guest prefer to finish my contract and go home ,start to venture something. Maybe you can share any business Ideas that I can start with small capital? :biggrin_01:

• Like 1

Paul

Hi guys am newbie in this site, currently working in United Arab Emirates for almost 2 years but life here still so tough so I guest prefer to finish my contract and go home ,start to venture something. Maybe you can share any business Ideas that I can start with small capital? :biggrin_01:

Okay. Filipino. Returning back home to Mindanao (I assume). Wanting to open a business.

What are you good at doing, and enjoy? Anything in your home area that a lot of other people are NOT doing, that you could possibly do to make money? 

• Like 3

Salty Dog

I've noticed water filling stations seem to do a pretty good business. People will always need fresh clean drinking water...

Ice also seems to be a good business...

• Like 3

Shrek484

Welcome, me I love chickens and pigs, sell eggs, piglets, easy and fun or a sari sari store

skhye01

Ohh your pretty good in guessing :dance: , yeah specifically from General Santos City .Well lets see once ill be back.

Thanks Paul . :thumbsup:  :D

Mira

• Like 1

colemanlee

there is a water filling station across from the store....5p per five gal jug...seems like small money but there is some body there filling up a jug as long as he is open...must have two or three hundred a day...and they fill their own jug, only thing he does is supply the water and the hose...

Sari Sari...closer to a mini grocery can make very good money...Ice can also be good...we sell about three hundred tubes a day at 3p per tube...fill it at our deep well so the only cost are the wrappers...

Buy rice wholesale at the farm..take it to the city and you can double your money...requires truck

• Like 2

A_Simple_Man

I have seen returning OFWs have a lot of success with coming home, buying properties, and renting them out.  Unfortunately they usually have to work as OFWs for 20 years before having enough money to do that.

skhye01

Hi guys thank you so much for sharing your thoughts, I appreciate it!

Lee

If in a rice area, then rice milling machines make decent money, I have a friend in Mindanao in that business and his only issue is his need for more expansion and of course the money to do it with.

Mikala

Hi guys thank you so much for sharing your thoughts, I appreciate it!

I'd recommend redoubling your efforts at finding a better paying job in UAE. I see opportunities for a literate, educated woman here at the nuclear site near Al Ruwais. We just had a Filipina quit her job 2 weeks ago though because the site is over 300 km west of Abu Dhabi.

Sent from my V2s+ using Tapatalk

• Like 6

skhye01

If in a rice area, then rice milling machines make decent money, I have a friend in Mindanao in that business and his only issue is his need for more expansion and of course the money to do it with.

Wow, that's cool, may I know particularly where in Mindanao?

skhye01

I'd recommend redoubling your efforts at finding a better paying job in UAE. I see opportunities for a literate, educated woman here at the nuclear site near Al Ruwais. We just had a Filipina quit her job 2 weeks ago though because the site is over 300 km west of Abu Dhabi.

Sent from my V2s+ using Tapatalk

I love to venture in another company, but as of now its just so hard to find a good company who will render good salary package. Currently I'm in oil and gas company in Jebel Ali.

M.C.A.

Skhye01, I think you'd be better off not returning at all costs to low pay in any country other than the Philippines and do what you can to make ends meet, unless you have a skill and all the equipment needed to open up a mini fix it shop, the sari-sari store or raising animals is gonna put you in the poor house unless you have money coming in, don't do it, the computer shop and game room, don't do it.  Pool room works but the citizen is hard on the sticks and table so you'd have to be able to fix them on your own in order to somehow turn a profit.  Anything dealing with electricity and reselling items is gonna be a real downer because it requires either transportation costs or the costs of labor.

If there's no option to return as an OFW, how about a call center job at least you get paid.

skhye01

Okay. Filipino. Returning back home to Mindanao (I assume). Wanting to open a business.

What are you good at doing, and enjoy? Anything in your home area that a lot of other people are NOT doing, that you could possibly do to make money? 

Oh, you're pretty good at guessing, yeah, specifically from General Santos City.Well lets see once ill be back.

Thank you..

Mira :D

• Like 1