Sign in to follow this  
Garrett

Stocking up

Tatoosh

While this is so very off topic, I will admit that stocking up on extra clips for your .45 is a good thing. Don't forget to change the magazine springs once a year or so. Nothing like a feed jam from a weak spring to put a real downer on a shoot out with a bad guy. And, to be honest, while John Brownings design is by far my most favorite-ist sidearm in the world, I'd be grabbing a nice 12 gauge for any close encouters of the third kind. No, they won't cover a wall with shot, but they have both great stopping power and will often intimidate your opponent to the point you don't even have to pull the trigger. Err, slap the trigger (it is a shotgun after all).

A box or two of double ought buck is all the stocking you need. Of course, it has the same magazine spring problem that most semi-autos have. So some prefer the old school double barrel simply because there is so very little to go wrong with them. And if one barrel of a 12 gauge is imposing, try staring down two of them. Almost enough to make you pee and poo at the same time!

Alan S

Getting back on topic, in the UK I always keep enough food in to last at least a week, plus torches & spare batteries, candles etc, to allow for power cuts of up to 24 hrs.

I would so the same no matter where I lived.

smokey
While this is so very off topic, I will admit that stocking up on extra clips for your .45 is a good thing. Don't forget to change the magazine springs once a year or so. Nothing like a feed jam from a weak spring to put a real downer on a shoot out with a bad guy. And, to be honest, while John Brownings design is by far my most favorite-ist sidearm in the world, I'd be grabbing a nice 12 gauge for any close encouters of the third kind. No, they won't cover a wall with shot, but they have both great stopping power and will often intimidate your opponent to the point you don't even have to pull the trigger. Err, slap the trigger (it is a shotgun after all).

A box or two of double ought buck is all the stocking you need. Of course, it has the same magazine spring problem that most semi-autos have. So some prefer the old school double barrel simply because there is so very little to go wrong with them. And if one barrel of a 12 gauge is imposing, try staring down two of them. Almost enough to make you pee and poo at the same time!

We have a gun smith who services what he sells... PS no re loads...

hoz
You can store rice in a well-sealed bucket and the dry ice you use to force the oxygen out.

Yeah, the CO2 from dry ice kills off any bugs.

tom_shor
I usually keep it stuffed with $50,000 in 100-dollar bills, in the cupboard right above the kitchen sink. I

Garrett

Now that someone has mentioned guns, ( A favorite topic of mine) what are the requirements to have/use/own in the Philipines?

Garrett

smokey
Now that someone has mentioned guns, ( A favorite topic of mine) what are the requirements to have/use/own in the Philipines?

Garrett

unless your holding a PI passport i dont think you can .. many here have wives who have the lic... but then this is the PI and almost anything is possible

aka
unless your holding a PI passport i dont think you can .. many here have wives who have the lic... but then this is the PI and almost anything is possible

No a foreigner cannot own or obtain a license for weapons here and while robert51 is right in that almost anything is possible here i really wouldn't want to test it out regarding guns. Our uncle here is a Major in the PNP and he has helped us out with a lot of dodgy's but with the guns it was a big no no.

Alan S

Garrett

Despite what you might see on the internet, it is quite simple.

How long do you want to spend in prison?

For that is what you can easily get for having a gun.

Tatoosh

You would need to be a Filipino. If you are married to a Filipina, she might let you use hers. Otherwise, I'd simply admire the guns in the glass case at the sporting goods stores and leave it at that.

zartan
You would need to be a Filipino. If you are married to a Filipina, she might let you use hers. Otherwise, I'd simply admire the guns in the glass case at the sporting goods stores and leave it at that.

interesting thread guys! im into self suffiency and firearms, so hearing this "no-no" talk about firearms bums me out a little. what about air rifles? i shoot 10meter air rifle competitions, are those legal for a foreigner?

Penguin

We keep an emergency kit. It's always a good idea. It has everything we need and we've used it twice already. It's nice to know that if for some reason we need to leave the house in short order, we don't have to fumble around looking for stuff, just go to the closet and grab the bag.