OK What Happened with Campbell's Chicken Noodle Soup?

rainymike

Sonny

No, it was a six pack of the same old soup in the can. Tasted very bland to me. And the can said cooked with care in the USA. 

Maybe they used up the last of that one chicken .

rainymike

food seeming bland is a symptom of very advanced dementia 

Hmmmm ... guess I should start eating more pizza then. High salt, high fat, greasy as all heck. Double hmmm ... impaired reasoning ...

• Like 1
Headshot

Hmmmm ... guess I should start eating more pizza then. High salt, high fat, greasy as all heck. Double hmmm ... impaired reasoning ...

Pepperoni. You were going to say double pepperoni before your train of thought went rolling out of the station without you... 

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

• Like 1
cebubird

Bought a pack of Campbell's chicken noodle soup at S&R recently. Tonight was a bit chilly so made some of the soup that I grew up with for the kids to appreciate. But got a major shock when I discovered it wasn't the same old soup from my youth. 

Did I get a bad batch? Did my taste buds change as I got older? Is this some Asian clone? I want answers!!! LOL ... I was so hoping to give the kids a taste of good old soup and sandwich from America. Instead I got a ''dad is really losing it'' look from the kids. 

Sounds like "low sodium" or "heart healthy".  YUKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!

i have made that mistake several times, and not notice 'til eating. I have become much more careful now, making sure I look at label.

• Like 2
sugbu777

No, it was a six pack of the same old soup in the can. Tasted very bland to me. And the can said cooked with care in the USA.

Maybe you picked up the lower sodium version. The can looks identical except one has a "banner" that states "25% Less Sodium", which equates to me as 25% less taste. A few years ago I got a can that had 2 cubes of chicken in it. Complained to Campbell's and they sent me a full case.

• Like 1
rainymike

Sounds like "low sodium" or "heart healthy".  YUKKKKKKKKKK!!!!! i have made that mistake several times, and not notice 'til eating. I have become much more careful now, making sure I look at label.

Probably right. Everyone wants to decide these things for me these days. I prefer unhealthy and tasty and control how much I eat. I mean, it's like buying a bottle of beer with the alcohol and other ingredients removed because plain water is healthier, has fewer calories, and safer than alcohol for me.

At least their Cream of Mushroom still makes a decent sauce for various dishes.