• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrek484

• smokey

• Mikal

• spydoo

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I went DEEP DEEP DEEP into the province and found one that can't read.  I keep her uneducated and chained to the cooker.

This is getting blown out of all proportion.   A woman's place is in the home, cooking, cleaning, looking after the household, keeping the kids clean and occupied, looking after her hunter/gatherer

we still have a 29 year old nurse at home still has no mileage on the clock ...  problem is most guys want a good girl who don't sleep around with anyone EXCEPT them ... why buy the cow when the milk

Posted Images

Salty dog,,

Ok I am all those things but having a GF will not change that  :db:

Hey shrek.

Just say screw you guys and ignore them.

Your just chumming the waters for the Sharks trying to explain yourself.

• Like 1
Shrek484

Thanks Pman, 

It is ok I am used to it here, so many sharks have nothing better to do than misconstrue posts and try and attack people, some in fun some are just not nice people. I have large shoulders!

My OP was not about me and they know it, it was just a general post about some ladies mentalities here and the questions were to try and get some replies of how the people here had coped with it all. 

But if it keeps a few mindless sharks happy to try sarcasm and make attacks at least while they are attacking me they are leaving others alone ;-)

They seem to miss the point of how dumb they look when they jump,  ney leap to conclusions from their warped assumptions, it is all very amusing.

Cheers again Pman for the advice.

Edited by Shrek484

Thanks Pman, 

It is ok I am used to it here, so many sharks have nothing better to do than misconstrue posts and try and attack people, some in fun some are just not nice people. I have large shoulders!

My OP was not about me and they know it, it was just a general post about some ladies mentalities here and the questions were to try and get some replies of how the people here had coped with it all. 

But if it keeps a few mindless sharks happy to try sarcasm and make attacks at least while they are attacking me they are leaving others alone ;-)

They seem to miss the point of how dumb they look when they jump,  ney leap to conclusions from their warped assumptions, it is all very amusing.

Cheers again Pman for the advice.

What exactly is BS? you do understand the lady I talked to and my ex are two very different people?

'BS' means that I don't believe you when you wrote certain things.  Your statements were not compatible with each other.  I've been down some similar roads myself, so I'm not criticizing you for your behavior.  My behavior was very bad for a period of time, it can be very hard to NOT take full advantage of the situation that exist in phils.  But I AM poking fun at you for not being a bit more honest and for not trying to understand the behaviors that you're criticizing some women for.

I completely disagree with you when you say your OP was not about you - it was completely about you and your perception of others behavior.  And really you just wanted to vent, you're frustrated with some things.  Again, been there, done that, don't blame you at for that at all.

You've developed some 'red flags', some things that you see as warning signs.  That's fine, but be careful about that stuff, that's the sort of thing that I was referring to in my earlier post.  Some times those warning signs are very real, some times they mean absolutely nothing.  

The finest, warmest, most caring woman in the world triggered several of my red flags when we first met.  But luckily I did see something different, enough to make me ignore those red flags and spend more time with her.  And then spend time only with her.  Eventually, it was like hitting a light switch - she decided that I was for real, she dropped her defenses, opened up and we've never looked back again.

She gets a lot of crap on FB, that's life on the web, particularly for an attractive woman.  Early on I saw some things on her FB account that made me pause and think, but I'm long past that now.

• Like 4
ricardo123#

and so go the days of our lives...oh wait.. there is already a soap opera by that name...

My Dad always said.. "if you lay down with dogs you will get up with fleas"

All I know is I have been living with my gf for over a year and talked with her on-line for almost 2 years before I came here. We are still learning each other. She still has friends from before and so do I. Both male and female that we still stay in contact with. There is no cheating.. there is no mistrust.

Maybe I am just lucky I don't know. Maybe you are not giving it all enough time before you jump in with both feet and heart... and wallet

Edited by ricardo123#
  • Like 2
Davaoeno

Is it me, am I old fashioned in thinking that a good relationship needs honesty, understanding, and openness, 1 man 1 lady?  of course, there are exceptions to the rule where people have open relationships and are very happy, here I am discussing those who want a serious honest man not a cheat or drinker etc then do things like I have mentioned and see no problem with their actions!   Maybe I am a man born into the wrong era? maybe it is me who is crazy!   This does not apply to all ladies here just a lot of them, and it seems most that I meet! 

I can understand why people assumed that you were talking about yourself !

• Like 1
Skywalker

This is getting blown out of all proportion.

A woman's place is in the home, cooking, cleaning, looking after the household, keeping the kids clean and occupied, looking after her hunter/gatherer husband, and being dutiful and pleasing on the eye.

No?

• Like 9
Shrek484

I can understand why people assumed that you were talking about yourself !

Yes I am asking If I am wrong but in no way does it imply these were/are current GF problems, it states clearly that another lady contacted me and these were my thoughts and questions about dating/love in the Philippines. 

I am clearly stating that I am unsure if my morals are wrong or theirs or have things changed beyond all recognition! 

Please highlight any part where I said this was the reason I split up with my ex or in any way applied to me....... if you read the original OP it is clear these are general questions about many ladies here andhow they apparently think! 

As I said before talk about assumptions and leaping to conclusions! 

This is getting blown out of all proportion.

A woman's place is in the home, cooking, cleaning, looking after the household, keeping the kids clean and occupied, looking after her hunter/gatherer husband, and being dutiful and pleasing on the eye.

No?

Don't let ur wife see this or me thinks you could be in deep sh....... ;-) 

RogerDuMond

Don't let ur wife see this or me thinks you could be in deep sh....... ;-)

He has no wife and he knows his place is in the kitchen.

• Like 3
bargeman

You should see what I am riding,..

Do we know her?

Paul

When I was a lot younger, I liked my women sleazy. When the relationship turned more serious and I expected her to be Snow White, I discovered I still had sleazy. Of course, the same could probably have been said about me as well.

Not to burst your bubble, but Snow White was a whore. She slept with seven men - dwarfs, but still men.

Oh, nothing wrong with sleazy women, even now. Just sayin'...

I am not sure if some replies are confusing my ex with the lady wo added me on FB, itg certainly reads that way. They are two completely different people, the reason I finished with my Gf is personal, but I will say it was nothing too bad just minor irritants that bugged me too much.

Talked to another one last night, she was as crazy too, In manila, sick of finding rubbish men on the internet, expected all men to go see her yet she was not prepared to travel at all! 

She contacted me, not me her then complained about the fact I did not contact her! when I suggested that if she was bored and tired(her words) of looking then she should change her search! seemed good advice! as albert said Insanity " doing the same thing and expecting different results" well when I suggested to make her search Manila only she went mad, accusing me of telling her what to do and "nagging" needless to say I just deleted her ;-)

Better I go to the gym and swim and leave the craziness to othersme thinks.

PS as my my ex, I do not know if she will saty an ex, I just need breathing time to see if those little things are big enough for me to walk away!

Ash, if little things get to you, what's going to happen when a big thing happens? You need to give her a bit more credit. My advice - yes, not knowing what these things were, is to go back with her and realize and accept she is human to. You need to keep in mind, first and foremost, the differences in the cultures. Then, above that, even though Filipinos speak better English than any other SE Asians, communication issues ARE still present. Big difference between speaking English, and English comprehension. 

Be more patient. You seem to have time in with this gal. Don't blow it now. Not over trivial shit. You are better than that.

I went DEEP DEEP DEEP into the province and found one that can't read.  I keep her uneducated and chained to the cooker.

Finally, someone who understands what we men need! 

• Like 5
Shrek484

'BS' means that I don't believe you when you wrote certain things.  Your statements were not compatible with each other.  I've been down some similar roads myself, so I'm not criticizing you for your behavior.  My behavior was very bad for a period of time, it can be very hard to NOT take full advantage of the situation that exist in phils.  But I AM poking fun at you for not being a bit more honest and for not trying to understand the behaviors that you're criticizing some women for.

I completely disagree with you when you say your OP was not about you - it was completely about you and your perception of others behavior.  And really you just wanted to vent, you're frustrated with some things.  Again, been there, done that, don't blame you at for that at all.

You've developed some 'red flags', some things that you see as warning signs.  That's fine, but be careful about that stuff, that's the sort of thing that I was referring to in my earlier post.  Some times those warning signs are very real, some times they mean absolutely nothing.  

The finest, warmest, most caring woman in the world triggered several of my red flags when we first met.  But luckily I did see something different, enough to make me ignore those red flags and spend more time with her.  And then spend time only with her.  Eventually, it was like hitting a light switch - she decided that I was for real, she dropped her defenses, opened up and we've never looked back again.

She gets a lot of crap on FB, that's life on the web, particularly for an attractive woman.  Early on I saw some things on her FB account that made me pause and think, but I'm long past that now.

Ok, I am not dumping one for something better or trading up as some say, I have dumped her as I said for now, not sure if it is permanent or not, i did say I need time to breathe. I have not looked nor am I looking for a replacement right now, if one comes along so be it, if not I am happy on my own, in the gym, swimming and relaxing here in the sun.

I clearly said the post was about my thoughts on how to deal with the differences with women here and their way of thinking, again I also clearly said it is not about me and my ex as some have wrongfully assumed!

Bloody hell even a simple post turns into a saga on this forum, there is something seriously wrong with some of you people.

The Op was about differences and how women behave here and how they perceive love/dating and my thoughts and feelings on that! really quite simple.

As for my ex this post only came about as she is an ex for now and I stupidly added another woman to my 

fb pretty much knowing it would end in a disaster, it did , she was a nutter!

No i was not searching for a gf just adding another possible friend on fb, never close a door before looking behind it, I was taught! This all took place days after I was single, yes my choice to be single.

Have I jumped in both feet and wallet, of course that is my way, 100% or sod all. If I do not want to give 100% I just stay single and go to a bar. Have I lost anything I did not want to, no, I knew the risks, am I upset, NO, I am happy in the knowledge that her and her family are much better off because of me and it gives them a chance to make a better life for themselves.

My behaviour?????? what is my behaviour, how do u deem it bad? I met her, stayed with her a year, had the same problems all that year, despite talks etc, I never looked at another woman, added one to fb or cheated in anyway, I always put her first and set her up with a few things. I split with her due to the few things I cannot tolerate, she is not eveil or bad, not a gold digger and wants me back desperately. but I know that nothing will change and I will still suffer those few intolerable things, that is no good for me!! I need to figure out if she can do something about those things or I can learn to live with them, sadly I think neither is possible.

So my behaviour has been excellent!

I see you had some red flags in ur relationship and got past them, I am seriously happy for u,(no sarcasm) the flags /issues I have I will never get passed as they are 3 things I hate. Very simple really, unless she can do those little things for me then I will not go back to her, as the little things make me happy.

Life is too short for sh.. and I have no intention to settle for something I am not happy with, do I expect perfection, that is what someone will say next, NO I DO NOT, but until I meet the lady whose little issues do not matter to then I will stay single, When I meet her I will marry her!

• Like 1
Shrek484

PS

As for my behaviour, I am still going to pay for the pigs food, and the new piglets too, also still give her money for her son's B'day as those are promises I made. So maybe I am not the womanising ass some of you think I am.

I have morals and guard them with my life! always keep my promises even when I clearly do not have too!

• Like 2
Oz Jon

....." I asked if she had done that with her previous foreign BF, she replied yes!

I said well that system does not work then as he is an ex!

She was completely lost!

You want logical thinking too! - Wow! - Good Luck!

Edited by Oz Jon