Double standards

Shrek484

Funny what a lot of Filipina women think is true love.

Had a lady contact me today on fb and get chatting, seemed very nice, then she said that she had dumped her English BF in May for having girls on his phone. Fair enough on the surface of it, but when reading her timeline I noticed many foreign men on there, making sexy comments on her pictures etc, and she had replied many times either thanking them or liking the comment! 

When I looked harder I noticed they were present all the way through the time she was in a "serious" relationship and told me she was honest and never cheated!

When I mentioned that maybe her BF thought she was not serious due to all the men she had contact with and adding more when supposedly dating him and he was just doing the same, "keeping all his friends" as she called them she got very angry. she had told me in our conversation none of the men friends on fb were any good for her as they only wanted sex, yet she kept them on her fb? Not unusual getting angry had it before when pointing out an obvious double standard to a lady in Davao.

Apparently, her having "men friends" on fb making comments is very different to him having girls numbers on his phone! go figure....

So My questions are these?

1- do they understand what serious is?

2- do they know what a double standard is?

3- do they understand u do not have to kiss or have sex with another person to be a cheat?

4- do they understand what a promise is?

5- do they understand what a lie is?

6- why do they think it is ok to keep foreign men on a medium when all those men want is sex?

7- why do they keep the same said men on the same medium when they make sex remarks about them and they have a bf?

Is it me, am I old fashioned in thinking that a good relationship needs honesty, understanding, and openness, 1 man 1 lady? 

of course, there are exceptions to the rule where people have open relationships and are very happy, here I am discussing those who want a serious honest man not a cheat or drinker etc then do things like I have mentioned and see no problem with their actions!

Maybe I am a man born into the wrong era? maybe it is me who is crazy!

This does not apply to all ladies here just a lot of them, and it seems most that I meet! 

• Like 7
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrek484

• smokey

• Mikal

• RogerDuMond

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I went DEEP DEEP DEEP into the province and found one that can't read.  I keep her uneducated and chained to the cooker.

This is getting blown out of all proportion.   A woman's place is in the home, cooking, cleaning, looking after the household, keeping the kids clean and occupied, looking after her hunter/gatherer

we still have a 29 year old nurse at home still has no mileage on the clock ...  problem is most guys want a good girl who don't sleep around with anyone EXCEPT them ... why buy the cow when the milk

Posted Images

is she beautiful??

• Like 1

Its a problem with actions and motivation.  They judge you by your actions and themselves by their motivations, its a human foible.   They can't see your motivation only the action so you are a done deal.   Yeah but, yeah but, yeah but,  you can't win. ;)    

• Like 5
smokey

Funny what a lot of Filipina women think is true love.

Had a lady contact me today on fb and get chatting, seemed very nice, then she said that she had dumped her English BF in May for having girls on his phone. Fair enough on the surface of it, but when reading her timeline I noticed many foreign men on there, making sexy comments on her pictures etc, and she had replied many times either thanking them or liking the comment! 

When I looked harder I noticed they were present all the way through the time she was in a "serious" relationship and told me she was honest and never cheated!

When I mentioned that maybe her BF thought she was not serious due to all the men she had contact with and adding more when supposedly dating him and he was just doing the same, "keeping all his friends" as she called them she got very angry. she had told me in our conversation none of the men friends on fb were any good for her as they only wanted sex, yet she kept them on her fb? Not unusual getting angry had it before when pointing out an obvious double standard to a lady in Davao.

Apparently, her having "men friends" on fb making comments is very different to him having girls numbers on his phone! go figure....

So My questions are these?

1- do they understand what serious is?

2- do they know what a double standard is?

3- do they understand u do not have to kiss or have sex with another person to be a cheat?

4- do they understand what a promise is?

5- do they understand what a lie is?

6- why do they think it is ok to keep foreign men on a medium when all those men want is sex?

7- why do they keep the same said men on the same medium when they make sex remarks about them and they have a bf?

Is it me, am I old fashioned in thinking that a good relationship needs honesty, understanding, and openness, 1 man 1 lady? 

of course, there are exceptions to the rule where people have open relationships and are very happy, here I am discussing those who want a serious honest man not a cheat or drinker etc then do things like I have mentioned and see no problem with their actions!

Maybe I am a man born into the wrong era? maybe it is me who is crazy!

This does not apply to all ladies here just a lot of them, and it seems most that I meet! 

its called upgrading she traded in her family car for a sports car

• Like 5
spydoo

I've had the same issue. I made clear to a Filipina it was either only me or no me; and it ended up being no me. I was still looking myself at the start, but not communicating with them on social media as she did. There really does seem to be a faithfulness issue in their culture, though as the OP pointed out, that doesn't mean there aren't good ones.

• Like 1
smokey

we still have a 29 year old nurse at home still has no mileage on the clock ...  problem is most guys want a good girl who don't sleep around with anyone EXCEPT them ... why buy the cow when the milk is free    Lets be real most guys want to buy a used car expect a free test drive... then they turn around and say she is used ....

Edited by smokey
  • Like 9
maximian

There really does seem to be a faithfulness issue in their culture, though as the OP pointed out, that doesn't mean there aren't good ones. 

Lets be honest and say infidelity is common in the vast majority of countries.

I have found religious  people  often use their faith as outlet to be forgiven when they cheat.  Funny thing is they are also the ones who seem to fell less guilty.  

• Like 1
Shrek484

Not sure about that Smokey, a hell of a lot of these girls have kids already by Filipina men, so used is not the problem, nor the test drive. After a test drive the man or lady may feel it is not for them! that is the point of a test drive! do not think after the free test drive do most men walk away just because they had 1 free test!

I think more think the test drive was not what they wanted.

also I really do not get why they say "no sex for a month" etc when they already have a kid! one lady in toledo said that she wanted me to wait at least 2 months before she would have sex with me, this was to make sure I was " serious" I asked if she had done that with her previous foreign BF, she replied yes! I said well that system does not work then as he is an ex! 

She was completely lost! 

Edited by Shrek484
  • Like 2
spydoo

Lets be honest and say infidelity is common in the vast majority of countries.

I have found religious  people  often use their faith as outlet to be forgiven when they cheat.  Funny thing is they are also the ones who seem to fell less guilty.  

Funny thing is that unfaithfulness is the only acceptable reason for divorce and remarriage according to Christianity's founder, so if by religious people you are referring to Christians then they are ignorant ones and have no reason not to feel guilty.

Shrek484

is she beautiful??

Not more than a million others here. 

RogerDat

Welcome to current dating practices. I am sure of only nuns are not playing the field in Philippines, but may be wrong.

Don't give up your heart, or money quickly. Face to face relationships are more stable.

TheWhiteKnight

You must have an open relationship because IIRC you were just here a few weeks ago claiming to be an expert in dealing with Filipinos because "you have a Filipina girlfriend". Now you are here asking very basic questions about the mind of a Filipina, does you "gf" know you are doing this extensive facebook "research"?

:ROFLMAO:

• Like 1
Shrek484

Whitenight,

u assume a lot again, I never claimed to be an expert, I claimed that my time here and having a GF for a year made me not such a newbie, it was you that stated that i was an "expert" in an attempt to be sarcastic! please go back and read the post!

U also assumed I would be dead shortly! remember :rip:    wrong again dude.

I was not doing "research" on FB at all, a lady contacted me if I still had a GF I would have just refused the request for friendship ;-)

Sadly I let my GF go for now, days before I allowed another lady to contact me.

Not sure what your problem is but you keep barking up the wrong tree with me dude!

• Like 1
BossHog

Sadly I let my GF go for now,

Did you get custody of the pigs and chickens?

• Like 2
Shrek484

Did you get custody of the pigs and chickens?

Sadly not ;-( and the piglets are due any second ;-) ah well it was for the family anyway and I am not sure whether I will take her back yet or not. I do miss those Chickens and pigs though  ;-) 

She will also get to keep my motorcycle if I decide not to take her back, as it will be no good to me and she can sell it or use it! 

Damn these women ;-) 

PS now looking for a new GF, must have chickens and pigs and a dog  :wheel: