Philippines Ferry Database

Jawny

Looks like an excellent first (?) attempt. It is slow to use so my first impression is limited. I noticed right away that the ormoc city ferry listing is not complete. Not surprising with the thousands of routes and operators.

• Like 1
shadow

Looks like an excellent first (?) attempt. It is slow to use so my first impression is limited. I noticed right away that the ormoc city ferry listing is not complete. Not surprising with the thousands of routes and operators.

It would be a full time job just to keep a list like this updated. One would have to have eyes everywhere with the ever-changing schedules...

• Like 1

Anything consolidating information like that is helpful.  Thanks!

Next?  Think about how the data can be most useful.  For instance, next month I have to travel between Cebu City and Talibon.  Now imagine that I have no idea what ferries/ferry lines might have service running between those two ports.  So I would like to be able to select the two ports (selecting them on the map would be nice) and have you display the ferry lines that provide service between those two ports.  Sure, I could scroll down and scan each of the 170 ferry companies looking for the Cebu <-> Talibon route, or I could enable the different ferry companies individually to see when I get a route to display, but that's not very user friendly.  In a second phase you could even try to construct a routing between ports that do no have direct service, so you might return a Cebu <-> Tagbilaran <-> Talibon routing (not a real example of course).

So it's simply a different, alternative method to display the data that you already have.  To me this method might be very helpful for a lot of people.

Thanks again.

• Like 1
hyaku

Nice but I cant highlight the buttons of the shipping lines on the menu.

mahogany

For instance, next month I have to travel between Cebu City and Talibon

Should you really need to travel between Cebu and Talibon, please be aware that the information listed on the site is in fact obsolete. For many years Island Shipping was one of three companies plying the route, now it is only VG Shipping. Tickets can be purchased at the VG ticketing office near pier 3. As a matter of interest, Kinswell Shipping Line no longer operates between Cebu and Tubigon, Bohol; Lite Shipping now also serves Cagayan de Oro...So the published information does not seem to be very reliable, at this point at least. Probably still work in progress.

• Like 1
shadow

Should you really need to travel between Cebu and Talibon, please be aware that the information listed on the site is in fact obsolete. For many years Island Shipping was one of three companies plying the route, now it is only VG Shipping. Tickets can be purchased at the VG ticketing office near pier 3. As a matter of interest, Kinswell Shipping Line no longer operates between Cebu and Tubigon, Bohol; Lite Shipping now also serves Cagayan de Oro...So the published information does not seem to be very reliable, at this point at least. Probably still work in progress.

They are probably relying on information from other websites. Which are, of course, seldom updated!

spydoo

Anything consolidating information like that is helpful.  Thanks!

Next?  Think about how the data can be most useful.  ...

Sorry, I'm posting something I came across online. I'm not the publisher.

Sorry, I'm posting something I came across online. I'm not the publisher.

Thanks again, thought that might be the case but wasn't certain.

Thanks Mahogany.  I do in fact need to travel that route next month, but the soon to be wifey knows the route.  Which doesn't change your point of course...if someone simply relied on the information they could pull up on the web they might be in for an unpleasant surprise.  So thanks again!