Any way to get past the 10 day waiting period for a marriage license?

TheWhiteKnight

What he possibly meant but didn't say:

Filipino= male

Filipina= female

But I read that Filipino can mean both male and female, maybe not in Denmark.

A Filipino can mean a Philippine Citizen of any gender (like American would mean for a US Citizen), or just a male PH Citizen (or ethnic pinoy). On all of their contracts, they say stuff like ,"I _____________________ , Filipino, of legal age"

Edited by TheWhiteKnight
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shadow

• baby43

• SkyMan

• USMC-Retired

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You will have to go through the CRBA process no matter which visa you use.   It's time to start delaying the visa process. She must enter the US before her visa expires, the visa is valid for only 6

CFO has no power to stop a visa being issued or preventing one from leaving the Philippines. Their only job is to give a seminar, there is no "pass or no pass" in their control. They try to flex their

The embassy only cares about what the NSO has to say about it. If the NSO says they are married, they are married.

• Administrator
Salty Dog
.........(like American would mean for a US Citizen)..........

Technically, Canadians and citizens of any Central America and South America Countries are also Americans... :db:

Edited by Salty Dog
  • Like 1
Paul

Technically, Americans can't get a CLCCM.  We get an Affidavit in Lieu of CLCCM.

I'm not going to split hairs on what it's official name is. Been too many years since I needed one.

Jawny

The embassy only cares about what the NSO has to say about it. If the NSO says they are married, they are married.

This is very true. I know for certain that a valid marriage can be completed one day but the contract shows another day.

What I haven't seen mentioned here is the seminar women are required to attend prior to marriage. Is that still a requirement?

• Administrator
Salty Dog

What I haven't seen mentioned here is the seminar women are required to attend prior to marriage. Is that still a requirement?

Women and men both have to attend, but again, some members said they paid someone off to get a completion certificate even though they never attended one.

• Like 2
SkyMan

Perhaps, but the CFO cares.  Again, that could probably be paid off but I think it's best to play by the rules and not cause yourself further problems.  There are enough problems doing it the right way.

• Like 1
USMC-Retired

Perhaps, but the CFO cares. Again, that could probably be paid off but I think it's best to play by the rules and not cause yourself further problems. There are enough problems doing it the right way.

CFO is a pain and yes they look at these type of things and ask inappropiate questions. Exactly, why create a possible issue that would be harder to correct.
  • Like 1
shadow

Perhaps, but the CFO cares.  Again, that could probably be paid off but I think it's best to play by the rules and not cause yourself further problems.  There are enough problems doing it the right way.

CFO has no power to stop a visa being issued or preventing one from leaving the Philippines. Their only job is to give a seminar, there is no "pass or no pass" in their control. They try to flex their muscles as much as they can, but in the end the are just nun-impotent nuns.

• Like 3
sugbu777

35 years ago, my wife and I tried to speed up the marriage license posting in Cebu and they would have none of that. We were trying to get married in January on my birthday and would have fallen about 2 days shy of the 10 days. My leave period was going to be up and I had to return to my military command. Had to put everything off to a later date in February.