Hi, I'm Garrett

Hi, I'm Garrett.

I just wanted to drop a note to say hello to everyone. I recently just came back from a trip to Manila, and I had a blast. I fell in love with the Philipines, and would like maybe to find a job over there. Anyway, I hope to be able to add to the discussions here on the forum. I am not sure what else to say, so if you have questions, ask!

Cheers,

Garrett

Hi, I'm Garrett.

I just wanted to drop a note to say hello to everyone. I recently just came back from a trip to Manila, and I had a blast. I fell in love with the Philipines, and would like maybe to find a job over there. Anyway, I hope to be able to add to the discussions here on the forum. I am not sure what else to say, so if you have questions, ask!

Cheers,

Garrett

What type of job are you looking for ?

What are your skills and qualifications ?

Are you able to get a work permit ?

What type of job are you looking for ?

What are your skills and qualifications ?

Are you able to get a work permit ?

I teach school here in the States, so I would like to do that. I have been in education for the past 5 years. I am certified to teach Social Studies and could easily get my English Certification. I have a B.A. in history from The Citadel.. As far as the work permit. I do not know. That is one of the reasons why i joined the forum.

Thanks,

Garrett

hey garret,welcome to the forum,i love the phils to i cant wait to move there this spring,what part of the phils r u gonna move to?

hey garret,welcome to the forum,i love the phils to i cant wait to move there this spring,what part of the phils r u gonna move to?

I have only been to Metro Manila, but from what I hear Cebu is really nice. So I would like to find a job teaching there. When I was little my parents were expats, so living over seas is something that I think would be a great adventure.

Garrett

David Kennedy
I have only been to Metro Manila, but from what I hear Cebu is really nice. So I would like to find a job teaching there. When I was little my parents were expats, so living over seas is something that I think would be a great adventure.

Garrett

Doesn't seem like you've had much time in the Phils.. I'd hold off a bit until you've got a year or two's worth of PI experience under your belt. There's a euphoria about 'discovery the Phils' that ebbs away slowly the longer you're here.

See the thread here about Why do expats leave PI..whatever it was

Garrett

:welcome: Garrett!!!

You can teach English at language schools here. You can apply at CPILS. I used to teach there, I just quit last month. There are also native speaker teachers there from the UK, the USA, Canada and Australia. Check this out www.cpils.com.

• Like 1
:welcome: Garrett!!!

You can teach English at language schools here. You can apply at CPILS. I used to teach there, I just quit last month. There are also native speaker teachers there from the UK, the USA, Canada and Australia. Check this out www.cpils.com.

Hi Angie and David,

Thanks for the website and your concerns. The website looks interesting, and I will have to explore it further. I did not see anywhere about applying for a job or qualifications. As to moving, I have no plans to move to the Philippines right this moment. I would like to visit a few more times before I just pick up and leave. Living overseas, not just in the Philippines, is something that I would like to do. As I said before, when I was child my parents and I lived in the Middle East, so I understand some, not all, of the issues with living in a foreign land.

Thanks for the information,

Garrett

I teach school here in the States, so I would like to do that. I have been in education for the past 5 years. I am certified to teach Social Studies and could easily get my English Certification. I have a B.A. in history from The Citadel.. As far as the work permit. I do not know. That is one of the reasons why i joined the forum.

Thanks,

Garrett

You may also be able to get a job at a call center teaching their employees perfect their English accent.

Good luck, Enjoy your stay.