Sign in to follow this  
river rat

ACR-I Card (13a Permanent) Renewal

Semper paratus

A guy I was talking to at the mall a few months ago said he asked about a change of address on his 13A at Cebu Immigration JCenter and was the taken aside and given a verbal list of ridiculous requirements and some stuff about having to report the change of address in one week or before. and several trips back and forth and stays in hotels and so on.  He said then the immigration guy took him and his wife to a little snack/coffee bar across the way and was told for some peso's the immigration guy would forget what he heard about a new address and to just say no change of address. I wonder how many people that BI guy this pulled this stunt on ? I have searched as best i know how and I cannot find out anything on a time limit on making a change of address. The BI lawyer I had for my 13A said he didn't care about a change off address unless I moved to a different island. The local BI office has my current address as does my drivers license. Does anyone know the real answer to making a change of address ? After hearing this poor mans experience I think I would just quickly say no change of address. Has anyone else run into this BI guy that is reportedly on the take ? If I see that guy again at the mall I'll tell him what I found out. I forget his name, Fred, Frank, Franz, something like that. My CRS is acting up at the moment.

Monsoon
3 hours ago, RogerDat said:

I have to file my ACR card renewal in March this year. I am a permanent resident. They want "3 back to back photo copy's of my ACR card" . Does this mean they want 3 photo copy's of ACR card front and back?

I would say yea, three copies of your ACR, front and back. I usually let the on site people do it, as they know what is expected. 

Folder - I usually buy it on site from the vender at the BI

I usually transact most of my BI business in Intramuros over the years, so my experience is based on that. I assume all major offices are pretty similar that way though - photo copy guys and people selling folders and pens.  

rfm010
12 hours ago, Semper paratus said:

A guy I was talking to at the mall a few months ago said he asked about a change of address on his 13A at Cebu Immigration JCenter and was the taken aside and given a verbal list of ridiculous requirements and some stuff about having to report the change of address in one week or before. and several trips back and forth and stays in hotels and so on.  He said then the immigration guy took him and his wife to a little snack/coffee bar across the way and was told for some peso's the immigration guy would forget what he heard about a new address and to just say no change of address. I wonder how many people that BI guy this pulled this stunt on ? I have searched as best i know how and I cannot find out anything on a time limit on making a change of address. The BI lawyer I had for my 13A said he didn't care about a change off address unless I moved to a different island. The local BI office has my current address as does my drivers license. Does anyone know the real answer to making a change of address ? After hearing this poor mans experience I think I would just quickly say no change of address. Has anyone else run into this BI guy that is reportedly on the take ? If I see that guy again at the mall I'll tell him what I found out. I forget his name, Fred, Frank, Franz, something like that. My CRS is acting up at the moment.

I applied for my acr 13a in the states in1991, finished the processing in intramuros upon arriving in 1992.  They told me then to never report a change of address as it would be too much of a headache for me.

• Thanks 1

RogerDat

Visa implementation page is which one? I have a 1997 VISA from U S , a temporary from 2004, and a permanent one from 2006. Guess I will have to lug all 3 over there, and let them sort them.

Edited by RogerDat

Semper paratus
15 hours ago, RogerDat said:

Visa implementation page is which one? I have a 1997 VISA from U S , a temporary from 2004, and a permanent one from 2006. Guess I will have to lug all 3 over there, and let them sort them.

I would think they are looking for the permanent one. But ?

Semper paratus
17 hours ago, Semper paratus said:

I am truly surprised that no one has had a similar experience that this fellow I met says he had at Jctr. Mall BI.