Sign in to follow this  
river rat

ACR-I Card (13a Permanent) Renewal

SkyMan

it says, "Valid Authorized Stay" they want a date in there.
I would ask them.  

Also what is this, "Photocopy of the Board of Commissioners (BOC)’s Order of Approval"
That's the original approval of your visa.  The paper with the original text on it that looks like the stamp in your pp.  I don't think they asked for it from me as I may or may not have it.

And this: Visa implementation page.
That's the page stamp in your pp saying you have a permanent 13A now.

Yes it easy to do ,but if you have moved and did not reported it right away they hit you with a fine as you are required to do so in 24 hrs as it says on the card.
When I renewed last time guy gave me the app and said, no change of address, right?  I said, No, I need to change my address.  He said, Are you sure?  Yes.  Then he rattled off a bunch of other requirements and said, Uh, no, no change of address needed.  And filled out the form with my old address.

When I did mine they gave me a cell number to call in a month to see if it was done.  After a month I txted with name and ICR# and they said not done yet.  A month later I txted again and it was done.

river rat

You may have an issue with regard to renewing so early. The BI does not allow renewals so far from the expiration date (April 2017). It's two months early that's allowed.

You might want to avoid referring to the card as your "13a". It's not a visa. It's a card.

If you go to the LinC forum section and use the search block, you'll discover many threads.

Yeah, I said it was two months early, but you're absolutely correct. Three months early is allowed.

By the way, there is a difference between renewal and replacement as I discovered the last time. Renewal is the most common and is what would apply at the five year mark. However, after ten years the card gets renewed AND replaced. Not my choice of words. I went through this last time and the Cebu BI messed up and failed to advise me of the need to replace as well as renew. So, the process was delayed several weeks. As well, there is an additional fee for replacement.

There's a thread on this in the archives. Just use "ACR renewal" and many threads will show up.

Well, I can't afford to wait too close to the expiration. If I have to forfeit my card while awaiting the new one. I won't do it...I'll jus wait until I get back to do it...It's imperative that I get back to the States the end of January, and I may be three months there, same time my card will expire...that's my dilemma...3 months out would be okay, unless they screw something up, like they did when I first got here back in Jan 2012. They put the wrong stamp in my passport when I arrived at the Airport here...What a mess that was...Took me another 2 months to get that fixed before I finally got my card...

Edited by river rat
  • Like 1

river rat

I would ask them.  

That's the original approval of your visa.  The paper with the original text on it that looks like the stamp in your pp.  I don't think they asked for it from me as I may or may not have it.

That's the page stamp in your pp saying you have a permanent 13A now.

When I renewed last time guy gave me the app and said, no change of address, right?  I said, No, I need to change my address.  He said, Are you sure?  Yes.  Then he rattled off a bunch of other requirements and said, Uh, no, no change of address needed.  And filled out the form with my old address.

When I did mine they gave me a cell number to call in a month to see if it was done.  After a month I txted with name and ICR# and they said not done yet.  A month later I txted again and it was done.

Great..! That helps a load....I found both stamps, one in the passport, and the other from the same guy, in my original VISA application, with a notorized seal....

river rat

Okay just chatted with BI...4-6 weeks waiting time for the new card....And, at the top of the Application where it says, Valid Authorized Stay [DD-MMM-YYYYe.g.  she told me to leave it blank since my status is Permanent...Mystery solved...!

fivestarph

Careful

You cannot re enter with your ACR Card if it has expired. You will be given the tourist stay time and you will have to restart the process of getting 13a status.

Better you do your renewal early January 2017 and obtain the Visa Waiver

just my view

post-14935-0-45946600-1468554052_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

SkyMan

You cannot re enter with your ACR Card if it has expired. You will be given the tourist stay time and you will have to restart the process of getting 13a status.
I'm not saying you're wrong, but do you have a link for this?

Headshot

Yes took me less than 1 minute (using google) to find the immigration guide to renew ACR

and the link to the form was there

You could have easily done that yourself and not involving

I do not know how many people, wasting time seeking info

that they do not need themselves 

if you need information GOOGLE is your friend

I tried Googling before I asked. Unfortunately, where I am right now the internet is so slow that after ten minutes the little arrow was still spinning, so I gave up. I thought that maybe somebody might have the form bookmarked. Thanks again for your help.

Jawny

There was a recent thread from a member of LinC who went through this process. He was anxiously awaiting the ACR card return during a time when there were elections and some other closed days. He even had some difficulty getting the waiver. As I recall, I all worked out. However, the message was clear.......expired or missing ACR card can result in significant issues with bi.

Woolf

ACR I-card waiver:

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/services/alien-registration/acr-i-card-waiver

the above I got by google search   "acr i-card waiver"

Edited by Woolf

river rat

Careful

Better you do your renewal early January 2017 and obtain the Visa Waiver

just my view

Noted...My time in the US will probably be from Jan 15 to End of Feb, about 4-6 weeks so I should be okay...I guess it doesn't matter if your without it a couple of weeks, as long as your back here before the expiration date...We're getting ready to move back ti the states early 2017 anyway....Probably March, pending paperwork and sale of this property here in Cebu...So it will be close. I should be out of here by April 3, 2017

Jawny

Noted...My time in the US will probably be from Jan 15 to End of Feb, about 4-6 weeks so I should be okay...I guess it doesn't matter if your without it a couple of weeks, as long as your back here before the expiration date...We're getting ready to move back ti the states early 2017 anyway....Probably March, pending paperwork and sale of this property here in Cebu...So it will be close. I should be out of here by April 3, 2017

Your plan is to begin the renewal process in January for your expiring ACR? Then, travel to the USA sans ACR for 4-6 weeks, returning sans ACR.

Then, shortly after that, if your house here sells, to depart again, this time with ACR in hand (assuming it gets processed in time).

arentol

I just renewed my ACR I-Card yesterday for holders of the 13a Visa. Here's the detailed blow-by-blow for those who want details about the process:

1. Prepare docs: Renewal form, checklist, copy of passport bio data page, copy of probationary-to-permanent stamp, copy of permanent visa stamp, copy of last arrival stamp, copy of front & back of ACR I-Card, long brown envelope.
  2. Go to small ACR I-Card room and show them the docs, ACR I-Card, and passport. They attach a small paper indicating the fee type to pay.
  3. Go to big immigration room and visit Reception Table at front. They check documents and stamp them as received.
  4. Go to Releasing window and turn everything in.
  5. Short wait while they print out a paper showing the fees to pay. After name is called, go to Cashier to pay. I paid P2,359 + P500 Express Lane fee. Cashier prints out your receipts.
  6. Return to Releasing window and re-submit everything.
  7. Longer wait until name is called. Re-collect all documents -- they should have stamped and written on the application form.
  8. Go downstairs -- there's a school supply store there. Make a copy of your receipts.
  9. Back upstairs and return to small ACR I-Card room. Submit documents, copy of receipts, and ACR I-Card. They give you a stamped paper claim stub from the bottom of application form. Supposedly ready in 15 working days, but will probably be longer. Their number is 345-6441.
  10. All done!

Hope this helps those who are looking for more details. Only piece of advice: Be friendly and call everyone "Sir" or "Ma'am" to make things go smoothly. Also bring along all old Annual Report receipts in case an Immigration Officer has woken up on the wrong side of the bed and gives you the hairy eyeball... or the stink-eye, which is even worse.

Aren

Edited by arentol
  • Like 1

river rat

I just renewed my ACR I-Card yesterday for holders of the 13a Visa. Here's the detailed blow-by-blow for those who want details about the process:

1. Prepare docs: Renewal form, checklist, copy of passport bio data page, copy of probationary-to-permanent stamp, copy of permanent visa stamp, copy of last arrival stamp, copy of front & back of ACR I-Card, long brown envelope.
  2. Go to small ACR I-Card room and show them the docs, ACR I-Card, and passport. They attach a small paper indicating the fee type to pay.
  3. Go to big immigration room and visit Reception Table at front. They check documents and stamp them as received.
  4. Go to Releasing window and turn everything in.
  5. Short wait while they print out a paper showing the fees to pay. After name is called, go to Cashier to pay. I paid P2,359 + P500 Express Lane fee. Cashier prints out your receipts.
  6. Return to Releasing window and re-submit everything.
  7. Longer wait until name is called. Re-collect all documents -- they should have stamped and written on the application form.
  8. Go downstairs -- there's a school supply store there. Make a copy of your receipts.
  9. Back upstairs and return to small ACR I-Card room. Submit documents, copy of receipts, and ACR I-Card. They give you a stamped paper claim stub from the bottom of application form. Supposedly ready in 15 working days, but will probably be longer. Their number is 345-6441.
  10. All done!

Hope this helps those who are looking for more details. Only piece of advice: Be friendly and call everyone "Sir" or "Ma'am" to make things go smoothly.

Aren

Wow, now that is what I was waiting for...A very precise accounting of how this works for a 13a ....! Awesome....BTW, when was your old card going to expire. Did you wait until the last minute or give it a couple of months...Just curious...Thanks Again, great job!

• Like 1

arentol

Wow, now that is what I was waiting for...A very precise accounting of how this works for a 13a ....! Awesome....BTW, when was your old card going to expire. Did you wait until the last minute or give it a couple of months...Just curious...Thanks Again, great job!

Thanks River Rat, I'm glad that it helps. My card expires on July 29 and I submitted the renewal yesterday, July 26. So I essentially waited until the last minute, but I have no immediate travel plans so no worries on my end.

Cheers,

Aren

river rat

Thanks River Rat, I'm glad that it helps. My card expires on July 29 and I submitted the renewal yesterday, July 26. So I essentially waited until the last minute, but I have no immediate travel plans so no worries on my end.

Cheers,

Aren

I see...15-20 days is not too bad a turnaround though...I may have to go home in Jan, so I'll have to be careful when I do mine...So I won't get stuck not having it. Take Care...Oh BTW, which office did you have it done? At that Mall....Can't remember where that is...Mandaue maybe