Sign in to follow this  
river rat

ACR-I Card (13a Permanent) Renewal

Headshot

Accomplished application form (BI Form 2014-08-010 Rev0);

Is this form online? Does anybody have a quick link to it? I need to renew my permanent ACR-I card  as soon as I return to Cebu from the US.

Woolf

Monsoon

Is this form online? Does anybody have a quick link to it? I need to renew my permanent ACR-I card  as soon as I return to Cebu from the US.

http://bfy.tw/6kY9

Headshot

That was rude.

Thanks Woolf. That is what helping other members looks like.

Edited by Headshot

Woolf

Thanks Woolf. That is what helping other members looks like.

Yes took me less than 1 minute (using google) to find the immigration guide to renew ACR

and the link to the form was there

You could have easily done that yourself and not involving

I do not know how many people, wasting time seeking info

that they do not need themselves 

if you need information GOOGLE is your friend

• Like 1

river rat

We're going to give them a call today. Far as all the info for anyone looking, the BI web site is easy to find, as are the forms and instructions. I just don't understand a couple of the things they are requesting.

Don't know what they are asking for when at the top of the app where it says, "Valid Authorized Stay" they want a date in there... Also what is this, "Photocopy of the Board of Commissioners (BOC)s Order of Approval" they are asking for. Just thought someone recently may have filled these out and had to do it, or knew if it was even required.. And this: Visa implementation page. I have no idea what they are asking for here... These underlined here. 

This is my first time renewing. Worse comes to worse i will just go there and find out. I need to go home in Jan, and mine expires April 3, 2017, I need to do this before I leave, because I may be gone for a few months...Hopefully I can renew mine earlier...

Thank for the help guys!

# 2 does not apply to the permanent visa as far as I know ...

Allow 4 to 6 weeks for your ACR card renewal from when you lodge your paperwork ... 

Best bet is to spend the time, go chat with the document checker at the BI and get it straight from the horses mouth ... 

Take along ...

Edited by river rat

river rat

We're going to give them a call today. Far as all the info for anyone looking, the BI web site is easy to find, as are the forms and instructions. I just don't understand a couple of the things they are requesting.

Don't know what they are asking for when at the top of the app where it says, "Valid Authorized Stay" they want a date in there... Also what is this, "Photocopy of the Board of Commissioners (BOC)s Order of Approval" they are asking for. Just thought someone recently may have filled these out and had to do it, or knew if it was even required.. And this: Visa implementation page. I have no idea what they are asking for here... These underlined here. 

This is my first time renewing. Worse comes to worse i will just go there and find out. I need to go home in Jan, and mine expires April 3, 2017, I need to do this before I leave, because I may be gone for a few months...Hopefully I can renew mine earlier...

Thank for the help guys!

Thank for the help guys!

Yes, it would be better...We'll call or go there...Thanks

Edited by river rat

river rat

1-I know....Already have it save to my HD....Now, if I can keep my old one while the new one is being processed that would solve my problem when I leave the country. I won't have to worry about it expiring while I'm in the States...Roger on got to BI and talk...We will do that first. I have plenty of time...Thanks

# 1 you need

# 2 does not apply to the permanent visa as far as I know ...

Allow 4 to 6 weeks for your ACR card renewal from when you lodge your paperwork ... 

Best bet is to spend the time, go chat with the document checker at the BI and get it straight from the horses mouth ... 

Take along ...

Jawny

y

1-I know....Already have it save to my HD....Now, if I can keep my old one while the new one is being processed that would solve my problem when I leave the country. I won't have to worry about it expiring while I'm in the States...Roger on got to BI and talk...We will do that first. I have plenty of time...Thanks

I'd like to encourage you to look in the LinC archives. The topic comes up frequently. There's a recent thread just a few weeks ago and most of what you are concerned about is discussed.

Simply stated, the 13a visa you have is valid and permanent. No need to be concerned about that with regard to renewal.

The ACR card is, more than anything else, a revenue maker for the BI. When the card was first proposed, there was a lot of discussion and concern since the BI intended for the card to have an annual renewal for long term residents. If I recall one of the more vocal dissenters was the American Chamber of Commerce because of the impact this would have on their membership.

The process is pretty simple. When you go to the BI website it is easy to get confused by some of the verbiage. Just keep in mind the cards are used by many more than 13a visa holders, so the instructions can apply to others, not you.

If you read the LinC archives, you'll find many members, myself included, have discussd their experiences in the renewal and replacement process.

By the way, when you renew, you will surrender the card and one member recently discussed the process of getting an exemption document in lieu of the card since he had to depart before the card would be processed.

river rat

y

I'd like to encourage you to look in the LinC archives. The topic comes up frequently. There's a recent thread just a few weeks ago and most of what you are concerned about is discussed.

Simply stated, the 13a visa you have is valid and permanent. No need to be concerned about that with regard to renewal.

The ACR card is, more than anything else, a revenue maker for the BI. When the card was first proposed, there was a lot of discussion and concern since the BI intended for the card to have an annual renewal for long term residents. If I recall one of the more vocal dissenters was the American Chamber of Commerce because of the impact this would have on their membership.

The process is pretty simple. When you go to the BI website it is easy to get confused by some of the verbiage. Just keep in mind the cards are used by many more than 13a visa holders, so the instructions can apply to others, not you.

If you read the LinC archives, you'll find many members, myself included, have discussd their experiences in the renewal and replacement process.

By the way, when you renew, you will surrender the card and one member recently discussed the process of getting an exemption document in lieu of the card since he had to depart before the card would be processed.

Where are these LinC archives, BTW? Never seen this...Sort of what me and my wife were saying last night, that the App is probably generic for all applicants, since there are several different types of Visa's...Plus like she herself said, it's just another way for the BI to make a buck...!!

We'll figure it out...I have to go home towards the end of Jan 2017, and don't know for how long. So I figure I'd better renew this thing first...A written statement or Doc. would be nice in Lieu of the actual card if i can get one...I need some way to get back into the country if I don't have the plastic 13a back before leaving.  Good info and thank you..!

river rat

Looks like they are doing maintenance on the BI web site...It will not open...Anyone else try it...?

http://www.immigration.gov.ph

Edited by river rat

Jawny

You may have an issue with regard to renewing so early. The BI does not allow renewals so far from the expiration date (April 2017). It's two months early that's allowed.

You might want to avoid referring to the card as your "13a". It's not a visa. It's a card.

If you go to the LinC forum section and use the search block, you'll discover many threads.

fivestarph

Took me 6 weeks to get my replacement card.

Earliest River Rat can renew his card is Jan 3, 2017 as renewal can only be 3 months prior to expiry.

If he wishes to leave without the replacement Card he will have to apply for an ACR Card waiver.

• Like 1

Jawny

Took me 6 weeks to get my replacement card.

Earliest River Rat can renew his card is Jan 3, 2017 as renewal can only be 3 months prior to expiry.

If he wishes to leave without the replacement Card he will have to apply for an ACR Card waiver.

Yeah, I said it was two months early, but you're absolutely correct. Three months early is allowed.

By the way, there is a difference between renewal and replacement as I discovered the last time. Renewal is the most common and is what would apply at the five year mark. However, after ten years the card gets renewed AND replaced. Not my choice of words. I went through this last time and the Cebu BI messed up and failed to advise me of the need to replace as well as renew. So, the process was delayed several weeks. As well, there is an additional fee for replacement.

There's a thread on this in the archives. Just use "ACR renewal" and many threads will show up.

Edited by Jawny
  • Like 1

Woolf

Looks like they are doing maintenance on the BI web site...It will not open...Anyone else try it...?

http://www.immigration.gov.ph

that link opens fine here