Sign in to follow this  
river rat

ACR-I Card (13a Permanent) Renewal

river rat

Has anyone here recently renewed their 13a VISA, the 5-year one? I had a couple of questions about the checklist I don't understand.

Thanks

• Like 1

Jawny

I've renewed my ACR card a couple of times, but never renewed the 13a visa. The visa becomes permanent eventually, so there is no renewal. Just the ACR card gets renewed and replaced.

SkyMan

Has anyone here recently renewed their 13a VISA, the 5-year one? I had a couple of questions about the checklist I don't understand.

Thanks

As Jawny said.  The 13A is permanent, just the card needs renewed.  $50 + some express lane fees.

• Like 1

river rat

As Jawny said.  The 13A is permanent, just the card needs renewed.  $50 + some express lane fees.

According to the back of the card it expires, or is Valid until April 3, 2017....I thought the 13a was the ACR-I card. Now I'm confused. I guess I do not have an ACR-I card then, hmmm...My card is gold with a microchip in it, on the left hand side..

(Front)

Visa Type: SEC 13A

Visa Issued: 10-12-2011

Visa Valid Until: Permanent

(Back)

Card Issue Date: 04-03-2012

Card Valid Until: 04-03-2017

Visa Status: Immigrant

So what is an ACR-I card then?? This thing I have says valid until 04-03-2017...So I should have to renew it, the way I'm looking at it...

Edited by river rat

river rat

As I said, I just have a 13A, I did not have an ACR-I card...What am I missing here?

river rat

I've renewed my ACR card a couple of times, but never renewed the 13a visa. The visa becomes permanent eventually, so there is no renewal. Just the ACR card gets renewed and replaced.

So what your trying to say is that the 13A and the ACR-I card are one in the same...The 13A is permanent, but the card itself expires...So How do I renew this, since the instructions on the BI web site says it is for ACR-I card renewal, not 13A.....

AussieLex
the BI web site says it is for ACR-I card renewal

Exactly ... go into the BI and renew your card ... no big deal, one form to fill out and the 50 bucks US and express lane fees and your good to go for another 5 years ... The card is your Alien Certificate of Registration .. only the card expires not your 13a visa...

(Front) Visa Type: SEC 13A Visa Issued: 10-12-2011 Visa Valid Until: Permanent  
(Back) Card Issue Date: 04-03-2012 Card Valid Until: 04-03-2017 Visa Status: Immigrant

The card says Visa Valid Until: Permanent ... so go renew the card ...

I think there should also be a stamp in your passport ... thats the actual visa ...

Edited by AussieLex

river rat

One more question. How long does it take to get the card once you submit the paperwork? 

This is what I pulled up on the BI Site pertaining to the renewal, is this correct? Which brings me back to my question. What is "Photocopy of the Board of Commissioners (BOC)s Order of Approval " & "Visa implementation page and latest admission with valid authorized stay" mean....Where do I find these?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1. CHECKLIST OF DOCUMENTARY REQUIREMENTS FOR RENEWAL OF ALIEN CERTIFICATE OF REGISTRATION IDENTITY CARD (ACR I-CARD)

Please read carefully the above-stated General Instructions before proceeding with the completion of the documentary requirements.

1. Accomplishedapplicationform(BIForm2014-08-010Rev0);
    2. Original ACR I-Card (to be surrendered); and
    3. Photocopy of passport bio-page, visa implementation page and latest admission with valid authorized stay.

Additional Requirements:

For Immigrant Visa, MCL 07-021, MCL 08-003 - Amendment from Probationary to Permanent Resident Visa, Temporary Resident Visa, Treaty Trader’s Visa, and Pre-Arranged Employee Visa (Commercial/Missionary):

Photocopy of the Board of Commissioners (BOC)s Order of Approval 

river rat

Exactly ... go into the BI and renew your card ... no big deal, one form to fill out and the 50 bucks US and express lane fees and your good to go for another 5 years ... The card is your Alien Certificate of Registration .. only the card expires not your 13a visa...

I think there should also be a stamp in your passport ... thats the actual visa ...

Yeah, I finally got that straight...My original question was going to be...Do I need this?  1)Visa implementation page, and latest admission with valid authorized stay, and this 2) Photocopy of the Board of Commissioners (BOC)s Order of Approval...And if so where do i find this at?

That's in my old passport. Which I still have...

AussieLex

My original question was going to be...Do I need this?  1)Visa implementation page, and latest admission with valid authorized stay, and this 2) Photocopy of the Board of Commissioners (BOC)’s Order of Approval

# 1 you need

# 2 does not apply to the permanent visa as far as I know ...

Allow 4 to 6 weeks for your ACR card renewal from when you lodge your paperwork ... 

Best bet is to spend the time, go chat with the document checker at the BI and get it straight from the horses mouth ... 

Take along ...

1. Accomplishedapplicationform(BIForm2014-08-010Rev0); 2. Original ACR I-Card (to be surrendered); and 3. Photocopy of passport bio-page, visa implementation page and latest admission with valid authorized stay.

Monsoon

Have you done a renewal yourself? 

TheWhiteKnight

IIRC he just got his 13a (and marriage) :)

tonny

Yes it easy to do ,but if you have moved and did not reported it right away they hit you with a fine as you are required to do so in 24 hrs as it says on the card. They will want a affidavit  from a lawyer saying all that but go the get there form and maybe the lawyer the say to see might help also they will want a Barangay Clearance so be prepare for that if you have moved . And be sure you have all you recites as they like to say sir you did not pay your annual report in 2005 , no i did no sir it in the computer you did not! I pull out the recite they shut up . Have fun but it easy    go do it!!!

AussieLex

Nope but my neighbour a couple of doors down did his 5 year renewal about 3 weeks ago and is waiting for his new ACR at the moment ...

AussieLex

IIRC he just got his 13a (and marriage)

Correct I got married in February and applied for my 13a probationary about 6 weeks ago... and that being the case I am more than a little interested in anything to do with 13a visas ...  I already have all the details including draft of the affidavit required for when I will need to do the amendment to the 13a to make it permanent ... just because I haven't done a renewal myself doesn't mean I am clueless...