Lazada, on the decline?

KennyF

HeyMike

Maybe I'm taking it the wrong way but previously, you could put together a bunch of goods from many supliers and if the totel was over 1,000pesos, it was all delivered free.

I took "basket" to be this.

Now it's 2,000pesos from each supplier.

And sometimes, as in my case, even over 20,000 pesos doesn't atract free delivery.

KonC

Lol...I believe I was wrong about the basket.... you make more sense. I only ordered 2 things from Lazada; the projector and then 2 years later the mini refrigerator. The projector was delivered in 5 days, but the fridge took 23 days. From what I am reading, it seems the stores in Cebu have the same or better deals. The problem for me is that I am never in the City (except getting to and from the airport).

On a separate problem, does anyone know where I might find a fuse for a microwave oven in Cebu? I am not familiar at all with Cebu City. I have only been here for 8 years. Maybe in another 8 years I will know where the infamous Mango Square is.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HeyMike

• thebob

• KennyF

• AlwaysRt

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I met one of the co-founders of Lazada at a SEA CEO round table type event. I'm not sure how much he has shared with me I should make public.    The Philippines is not an easy environment to be prof

Well if their phone and internet ordering and dispatch resembles anything else in the Philippines , like going to the mall ...    1 person to smile and say hello , 1 person to ring up the purchase o

I read, a while back, that Lazada had been purchased by Alibaba, the Chinese giant of online sales. This could be fallout from that purchase?

They started off the wrong foot by claiming that you have no risk. I ordered one item which crapped out one month after I bought it. There was no way to contact the seller or they didn't respond, eventhough the "warranty" was 6 months.

Woolf
On a separate problem, does anyone know where I might find a fuse for a microwave oven in Cebu? I am not familiar at all with Cebu City. I have only been here for 8 years. Maybe in another 8 years I will know where the infamous Mango Square is.

I bought a couple of fuses for a microwave at ace  hardware sm-city

ooh  I see you are coming from the south, try ace at sm seaside

you can also stop at Robinson Tabunok, walk across the highway

to AC/DC, they will have it

Edited by Woolf
Goetz1965

Why a SMART pocket wifi and not a openline one ?
The cheapest openlins is roughly 3.850php from CD-R King - mine is working perfect.

HeyMike

hmmm  forgot

here is the map

http://wikimapia.org/#lang=en&lat=10.267560&lon=123.842955&z=20&m=b

AC/DC  is located at the center mark

Thanks Woolf. I have to get the microwave working. It is my main appliance.

If anyone is thinking about working on a microwave oven,.. know that it is extremely dangerous even with it unplugged. It has some sort of capacitor in it and if it is not discharged, it will kill you if you get shocked.

thebob

In Carcar there is a really good electronics store that will probably have it. About half way between the circle and Gaisano on your left heading north.

HeyMike

In Carcar there is a really good electronics store that will probably have it. About half way between the circle and Gaisano on your left heading north.

Thanks thebob, I will definitely check that out next week. Is it just electronics, or electronic and appliances? Can I miss it, or is it obvious, being the only one there? As in, you can't miss it.

Mactan Mark

Lazada Philippines is lacking in quality service. Recently I ordered 2 cell phones and received 2 motorcycle covers. Prior to that I ordered 10 pieces of jewelry and 8 were not the ones in the pictures. They are a crap shoot. I ordered a quad sim phone for 790php, when I went to reorder another it was 1800php. They play with prices and dont have any quality control. Their customer service has to be one of the worst in the industry.  

thebob

Thanks thebob, I will definitely check that out next week. Is it just electronics, or electronic and appliances? Can I miss it, or is it obvious, being the only one there? As in, you can't miss it.

Just electronic components and of course they sell Speakers and amps... There are always speakers lined up outside. If you can't find it just ask for where they sell the "Baffles".

It's easy to see from the road, stone steps in front. Take the old fuse as a "sample".

thebob

Found it. Mandaue Electronics and Parts Supply.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/''/Cebu+S+Rd,+Carcar+City,+Cebu,+Philippines/@10.105094,123.6416146,20z/data=!4m8!4m7!1m0!1m5!1m1!1s0x33a97d67d854fce5:0xef8dfe04bcbd2879!2m2!1d123.6418909!2d10.1051014

HeyMike

Wow, good show. Thanky kindly. I zoomed in on the showcase and saw the fuse in there.... okay, just kidding.... but very cool.

• Like 2
AlwaysRt

Lazada looks like Amazon to me, some products are fulfilled direct and some are fulfilled by other businesses essentially just advertising on Lazada. That's why you have the same item show up multiple times in a search, different prices, delivery cost, discounts, and quality reviews based on who is actually shipping to you. I tend to skip oversees and less than 4 star rated shippers.

I have ordered size 13 shoes, watches, sprinkler, and a router. The router took 10 days, the rest no more than 4 days.