Lazada, on the decline?

KennyF

KennyF

Went looking for a Smart Pocket WIFI on Lazada.

Cheapest was 1014 plus 90 pesos delivery

Sellers bonus was a free sim.

(and it was marked originally 2,000pesos, save 50%)

And this seller was the cheapest.

The price country wide is 888peso WITH a free sim.

Today I went looking for 2 x 40" EZY TVs

Still at the same price I paid for them 5 months ago but now they want 750 pesos each to deliver.

Seems like the party might be over.

KonC

• Like 1
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HeyMike

• thebob

• KennyF

• AlwaysRt

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I met one of the co-founders of Lazada at a SEA CEO round table type event. I'm not sure how much he has shared with me I should make public.    The Philippines is not an easy environment to be prof

Well if their phone and internet ordering and dispatch resembles anything else in the Philippines , like going to the mall ...    1 person to smile and say hello , 1 person to ring up the purchase o

I read, a while back, that Lazada had been purchased by Alibaba, the Chinese giant of online sales. This could be fallout from that purchase?

Many items I am interested in come from overseas sellers, so I'd rather buy on ebay where I have a real recourse option against the seller if something goes wrong. And ebay is much cheaper too when it comes to small items, just need to be patient.

I still don't trust the warranty system here in the Phils, rather buy local and make sure they have a warranty partner.

• Like 1
HeyMike

I just received my mini refrigerator on June 28. It took 23 days to deliver it, which was a little disappointing, but it works great so I overlook the delivery time. The cost was 4000p plus 700 delivery which I thought was reasonable for the total price. I live in the province and my jeep is not running so the convenience helped me make my choice. 

• Like 1
KennyF

The cost was 4000p plus 700 delivery which I thought was reasonable for the total price.

But they advertise NO DELIVERY FEE for basket over 2,000 pesos.

In the past it was over 1,000 pesos.

I have had plenty of goods delivered free including several TVs, fridges, washing machines.

All delivered to Camiguin island free.

Now Lazada is Philippine owned, it seems to be changing.

KonC

HeyMike

But they advertise NO DELIVERY FEE for basket over 2,000 pesos.

In the past it was over 1,000 pesos.

I have had plenty of goods delivered free including several TVs, fridges, washing machines.

All delivered to Camiguin island free.

Now Lazada is Philippine owned, it seems to be changing.

KonC

I thought this too, but in their policy it says within Metro Manila... unless the package is the size of a basket (small), then the item will be delivered for free outside Metro Manila. I ordered a small projector from Lazada, think it was 2000p, and it was delivered free of charge.

edit: I did not know that they used to have free delivery for even larger items. It would be nice if they continued this policy, but one will have to see if the item is worth it when they include the delivery charge. In my case, I thought it was worth it.

Edited by HeyMike
  • Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

Still at the same price I paid for them 5 months ago but now they want 750 pesos each to deliver.

KonC

I met one of the co-founders of Lazada at a SEA CEO round table type event. I'm not sure how much he has shared with me I should make public. 

The Philippines is not an easy environment to be profitable in. 

• Like 3
aussiekangaroo

I've had lot's of large items delivered to Cebu city for free like twin tub washer, 50" TV, ref's but looking now for a LG ref 7.0 single door there asking for 3,210 delivery and asking price of 12,420, I can get the same ref in Ayala for 12,200 plus 380 delivery.

The 50" My View TV I bought on Lazada lasted just over a year so just outside warranty time frame and now can't power on.

HeyMike

I've had lot's of large items delivered to Cebu city for free like twin tub washer, 50" TV, ref's but looking now for a LG ref 7.0 single door there asking for 3,210 delivery and asking price of 12,420, I can get the same ref in Ayala for 12,200 plus 380 delivery.

The 50" My View TV I bought on Lazada lasted just over a year so just outside warranty time frame and now can't power on.

I have a TV with the same problem, but I did not buy it from Lazada. If you find out what the problem is and what needs to be fixed to get it to work... please post it here or pm me.... thanks.

easy44

I read, a while back, that Lazada had been purchased by Alibaba, the Chinese giant of online sales. This could be fallout from that purchase?

• Like 2
smokey

KonC

i noticed it also they were bough out by Chinese company now they sting you for delivery I wanted one 43 inch tv they wanted 2,700 for delivery

aussiekangaroo

Just found this article on bloomberg http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-04-12/alibaba-to-pay-1-billion-for-control-of-lazada-e-commerce-site

I have a TV with the same problem, but I did not buy it from Lazada. If you find out what the problem is and what needs to be fixed to get it to work... please post it here or pm me.... thanks.

I will probably just throw it away as probably not worth getting repaired.

Edited by aussiekangaroo
TheWhiteKnight

It was never that great to be honest, but it's a bit convenient.

AlwaysRt

I have a TV with the same problem,

My Samsung had the same problem a couple years ago. THe fix was replacing a few diodes. Parts cost a few dollars and I did it myself. Search youtube for how to and what you need.

KennyF

I thought this too, but in their policy it says within Metro Manila... unless the package is the size of a basket (small), then the item will be delivered for free outside Metro Manila

Maybe I'm taking it the wrong way but previously, you could put together a bunch of goods from many supliers and if the totel was over 1,000pesos, it was all delivered free.

I took "basket" to be this.

Now it's 2,000pesos from each supplier.

And sometimes, as in my case, even over 20,000 pesos doesn't atract free delivery.

KonC

oztony

I met one of the co-founders of Lazada at a SEA CEO round table type event. I'm not sure how much he has shared with me I should make public. 

The Philippines is not an easy environment to be profitable in. 

Well if their phone and internet ordering and dispatch resembles anything else in the Philippines , like going to the mall ... 

1 person to smile and say hello , 1 person to ring up the purchase on the register , 1 person to wrap the goods and possibly another smiling person to to hand off the wrapped goods to the purchaser ..

Hell , you could employ a whole family for each cash register....  :rolleyes:

I have never seen such inefficiency like it anywhere , the mind boggles...

• Like 3