Sign in to follow this  
Goetz1965

Need iPhone 6plus touchscreen repair

Goetz1965

I bought me a 2nd hand iPhone 6plus - fortunately at a good price and its not stolen and no flaws when I checked it when buying.

But unfortunately when I was home I noticed that the touchscrren sometimes gets unresponsive or makes "ghost clicks" - so I googled and found that this is a common problem to the iPhone6 and 6plus - and that the only thing that solves the problem is resolderig of the touchscreen chip on the mainboard.

So now Im in search of a good repair shop that has the tools and can do that - its not just a simple screen replacement.

Does anyone of you know such a shop - if theres none in Cebu I also can send with LBC to manila.

Thanks.

rizla

Apple service centres, at all authorised Apple stores

cogon88

Just take it to apple I fell out of a boat with my I phone 6 service center charged 5,000 to replace it with new one 

mabutiman

Yes there is a place in Virra Mall or Greenhills Mall as its known now ....I had an Ipad battery replaced there ...works fine now ....they are very busy with Apple products ...sorry dont know the name ...

CommanderData

You could try iCenter (they're an Apple-certified repair and service company). 

There are two outlets very near each other in Cebu City:

1) IT Park, Calyx Building

2) Crossroads Mall 

I haven't personally had anything repaired there yet, but they would be my first target for any serious work like you're suggesting.

ckfm

I wonder how you know it's not stolen?

Often it takes a few weeks before blacklisted, happened to me once, since then never bought a used phone again.

Goetz1965

There are 2 websites with Apple where you can check the serial number status.
Also to see if "Find my phone" is staill active or already disabled.