Durable Strap-on Sandals

b7335920

attachicon.gifTeva.jpg

Those are nice, but doesn't the leather react with sweat and start to smell/rot?

Smell?  OK, maybe a bit...  Rot?  Nope.  The leather will harden after going through a wet/dry cycle if I haven't been wearing them, but no rot.  And I completely suck at taking care of my things properly...

• Like 1
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• b7335920

• Paul

• M.C.A.

• Skywalker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pretty sure if you just search " strap on" you'll get plenty of results...

I paid P1200 for these, I thought they were genuine, but this is the Philippines.   What a croc!

If you search for sandals you might have better results.

Posted Images

RogerDat

My daughter arrived from the US last night. She brought me 2 pair of crocks, $38 unlined, and $45 fur lining, they call them water clogs or something, Realtree fur lined have 6 languages of warning about using escalators while wearing. They are made in Vietnam!

post-7667-0-61450200-1468140423.jpg

• Like 1
JamesMusslewhite

What a fashion statement... nothing says I'm a total loser like black socks and sandals.....

Christmas+2013+130.JPG

Edited by JamesMusslewhite
  • Like 2
oztony

What a fashion statement... nothing says I'm a total loser like black socks and sandals.....

James , I do believe you can top that one ...... by wearing white socks....

• Like 2
SkyMan

I didn't know you had carpet James.  And central heat?

If you're in the Houston area pick up a big pair of Tiddies...

post-940-0-68522500-1468149683_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Those are nice, but doesn't the leather react with sweat and start to smell/rot?

yoF5f8f.jpg

buy a non-branded one, range from $20 to $5 but I guess you have to import it to Philippines since most locals have no problem walking on hot rocky road with bare feet....

I ended up getting a silica gel type which is easily washable. It also makes a huge difference on impact absorption.

• Like 1
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

I paid P1200 for these, I thought they were genuine, but this is the Philippines.

What a croc!

There used to be a Croc store at Robinson's Place but they were several thousand peso minimum...

Using TapaTalk, so can't use emoticons

Edited by Salty Dog
  • Like 2
b7335920

thanks for all the tips--i had looked up some of the high end travelers recommended sandals and went to mall and had no luck finding them---ill just find some that fit ok today and see how it goes

Jester

I got tired of paying big buks for sandals that fall apart. So during my last trip to Asia while I was in Bangkok I had 2 pairs of leather sandals made.   $60 pair, I am still on the first pair so well worth the money, I would have bought 4 pair of $50 ones by now!

• Like 1
thebob

Good thread. My last couple trips had expensive pairs the PI destroyed. The soles separated. Will check for those recommended here.

There is something about the climate that just destroys leather. Glued soles that have been OK for years come apart in days.Soles need to be sewn on here.

Flip flop brands I buy here are 'Tribu' and 'Islander'.

They are "Tourist" brands, the best are Beaver, and the ones with the little Brazilian flag on them. 48 peso a pair and last about 2 months of "Off road" use kickstarting motorcycles 20 times a day.

Islanders don't last a week in "Beach" conditions.

• Like 1
b7335920

Update on the search for sandals.World Balance Sports ACtive bought at robinsons mall for 1099 pesos.I find them comfortable and durable so far(over 20 miles walking)and they dont look half bad.I wonder how the velcro straps will hold up in time but im very pleased with them overall.

• Like 1

Update on the search for sandals.World Balance Sports ACtive bought at robinsons mall for 1099 pesos.I find them comfortable and durable so far(over 20 miles walking)and they dont look half bad.I wonder how the velcro straps will hold up in time but im very pleased with them overall.

That was my experience buying the Easy Soft (World Balance) Christmas or white shoes 4 years ago, I've put on so many miles walking that I've lost count, next I'm looking for some running shoes the weather or humidity is brutal on shoes and sandals, branded items I brought from the states have all fallen apart.

• Like 1
Buko Beach

There are two of these stores on Bohol.

http://www.sandugosandals.com/

Looks like you can buy them online as well.

I bought a pair of Sandugo Gecko flip flops in Ayala years ago and they still look and feel new with moderate use. The fabric that holds my foot in place took some getting used to but they have held up amazingly well. The one-piece rubber sole is both comfy and very durable.