Sign in to follow this  
Maybe Next Yr

Moalboal hotel recommendation wanted

Maybe Next Yr

In Cebu for a month,  we'll be going south next week multiple places, thinking about stopping in Moalboal for a couple days. Couple questions:

1) hotel recommendation, money isn't a big issue, I prefer a good swimming pool?

2) good beach ideas anywhere in that area? We're looking forward to snorkling.

3) any other ideas for things to see/do  in south?

Thanks in advance!

the.lone.gunman

Marcosas Cottages Was very nice when I was there last. Very nice pool. Not far from the beach, decent food. About 2500p per night.

• Like 1

ckfm

Marcosas Cottages Was very nice when I was there last. Very nice pool. Not far from the beach, decent food. About 2500p per night.

You mean not far from the ocean? There is no beach at Panagsama "Beach".

Anyways, by checking out their web site, it says that the pool is out of service :cool: .

We stayed there once, didn't like it, tiny beds, flimsy bed linens and towels, bad TV reception, dripping shower, quite arrogant staff, oh yes, Internet not working.

You basically have 2 areas in Moalboal which are quite a distance apart, 1st is white beach which is not really white, many cottages and some hotels, flooded with locals, 2nd is the main area which is Panagsma where all the dive shops are, many restaurants and hotels and excellent snorkel and diving possibilities.

Maybe Next Yr

ou basically have 2 areas in Moalboal which are quite a distance apart, 1st is white beach which is not really white, many cottages and some hotels, flooded with locals, 2nd is the main area which is Panagsma where all the dive shops are, many restaurants and hotels and excellent snorkel and diving possibilities.

Any recommendations?

hyaku

Any recommendations?

Marcosa is fine if you want a pool. Quo Vadis next door has one too. How much do you want to pay? If you want an amazing view go up to Blue Orchid on the point at Basdaku (white beach) Further you go out from panagsama the less chance of transport back if you ant try various restaurants and busy bars. It's off season not too difficult to find a place. Blue Abyss Dive shop has rooms too and gear you can rent. You can hitch a ride over to Pescador island and snorkel around there while the divers are in the water.

Edited by hyaku
  • Like 1

Loki88

Last time i was there we stayed in mb ocean blue dive resort. Nice clean rooms and nice pool, also good restaurant just next door. Try to stay on the 2nd floor as u get an awesome ocean view. Run by koreans and they also do dive tours during the day if thats ur thing.

Maybe Next Yr

Marcosa is fine if you want a pool. Quo Vadis next door has one too. How much do you want to pay? If you want an amazing view go up to Blue Orchid on the point at Basdaku (white beach) Further you go out from panagsama the less chance of transport back if you ant try various restaurants and busy bars. It's off season not too difficult to find a place. Blue Abyss Dive shop has rooms too and gear you can rent. You can hitch a ride over to Pescador island and snorkel around there while the divers are in the water.

Looking on Agoda, I like Marcosa ... 2000 to 3000 per night is our basic budget range.  We'll have a car so transport is not issue!

Thanks for the suggestions. we'll be traveling there in a week or so.

ckfm

Looking on Agoda, I like Marcosa ... 2000 to 3000 per night is our basic budget range.  We'll have a car so transport is not issue!

Thanks for the suggestions. we'll be traveling there in a week or so.

Marcosa's pool is closed, did you read that?

If the pool is no issue, I'd stay at Maya's cottages, service and food are far superiror and you have your own cottage.

You can also just come an hour early and pick your fav place. Never had an issue in Moalboal finding a room.

hyaku

Marcosa's pool is closed, did you read that?

If the pool is no issue, I'd stay at Maya's cottages, service and food are far superiror and you have your own cottage.

You can also just come an hour early and pick your fav place. Never had an issue in Moalboal finding a room.

Just out of curiosity how is the disco noise on Saturdays now.

RR3

Quo Vadis Premiere Suite is right by the sea. Sea View Deluxe Suite is like it's name. Restaurant and Bar also by the sea.

Best pool in Panagsama. Full service dive resort.

easy44

Quo Vadis Premiere Suite is right by the sea. Sea View Deluxe Suite is like it's name. Restaurant and Bar also by the sea.

Best pool in Panagsama. Full service dive resort.

Yes, nice place and used to be very well maintained.  It was owned by a German until he died a couple of years ago.  I haven't been there since, but it used to be a good place to stay.

bmoore

Blue Orchid, a bit of solitude, out toward the end of the peninsula away from the noise, good rooms. Very good snorkeling, easy walk to white beach at low tide.

Shrek484

I stayed at Quo Vadis June this year, lovely place, great pool, great food, and really great snorkeling all 10m from your room. I stayed in the premier rooms.

• Like 1

thebob

You mean not far from the ocean? There is no beach at Panagsama "Beach".

That depends on the time of year you visit. It isn't the ocean, it's the Tannon Strait.

Just out of curiosity how is the disco noise on Saturdays now.

It's quiet as a whisper these days since it's been walled in.

• Like 2

Headshot

I like the Cabana Beach Club Resort. It has a clean pool and a decent restaurant, which is more than most resorts in Moalboal have. You can walk a few feet out of your room, get into the water, swim ten meters off shore and have some spectacular snorkeling along an underwater wall. Getting back out of the water, you can stop at the outdoor shower, and go to the restaurant, the pool or your room ... all conveniently located to the steps into the water. There really isn't much beach there, but there is a nice sandy area on top of the barrier wall where you can lay out and get a tan, or you could just lay out around the pool on the provided chaise lounges. They have a jetty that goes out to a small stone cabana right next the the underwater drop-off where you can just go out and enjoy the view and the breeze in the shade, or you can enter the water there without even having to swim out to the drop-off.

• Like 1