How to bring a Dog to the Philippines

steve schrader

If anyone has brought a Dog there and can give me advise on this matter, i would be grateful,

I ask this in a past thread, but all my threads have been deleted here, not sure what happened

Doc Chase

Thank you as i am going to bring my 2 dogs from Okinawa, Japan.

smokey

you get a permit on line from Philippines B of animal something .... Get vet shots and check up from where you are now... buy carry cage ... bring to airport... fill drinking water tray with ice.... long flight... once here tip the guy here or the dog goes to quarantine  better to land late and not manila 

hyaku

What I can tell you is there is an airline weight limit. My friend brought over doberman and had to put her on a diet. If its a smaller dog I guess that does not matter.

Doc Chase If its from Okinawa I guess you are stuck with PAL best talk to them about limitations.

Doc Chase

I am looking into asiana airlines so i can go from okinawa - korea - cebu

PAL, wich would be Okinawa - tokyo - manilla - cebu

i have talked to asiana airlines and they said ok, just need clearance

and both of mine are Jack Russell terriers one fat one and one skinny one, but the fat one is only about 25 pounds.

i just cant wait to see how they do in our yard as they go nuts for any type of rodents and have killed a couple here in oki

• Like 1
gasturbine

I brought 2 Shetland sheep dogs from USA on Philippine airlines years ago. Ensure you bring your dogs as excess baggage NOT air freight. Ensure the cages are porta pet airline approved cages. Ensure the dogs cages are 100% unable to be opened. I used wire ties to secure the cage everywhere. Used a ball type rabbit feeder to hold water. Dogs lick ball and water comes out. Used small bungee cords to hold water container to cage door + duck tape. NO BOWELS, no ice. To train dog to lick ball I put honey on the ball and after some practices they got the message.

Put a valid address on the cage. Also used pet pee pee pads in cage in case of accidents. Do not sedate dogs. Sedation can be deadly. ENSURE THEY ARE LOADED ON YOUR PLANE. I watched my dogs load on plane from terminal window. Cost me $1000 to send dogs , but it was worth it as Philippine Airlines did excellent job. Try for a direct flight as plane changing with pets is rolling the dice if they arrive. Ensure plane arrives early am or late pm as the heat can kill a dog in a cage sitting on the tarmac in Philippines. Most dangerous time for losing pets is loading and unloading the pet.Good Luck

Gas turbine

• Like 3
miles-high

Are you sure you like to bring your dog to the Philippines, one of the 11 dog-eating countries in the world? ;)

smokey

i brough my rat terrier from arizona cost me 200 us on Korean airlines

• Administrator
Salty Dog

Are you sure you like to bring your dog to the Philippines, one of the 11 dog-eating countries in the world? ;)

You moved your wife to the rape capital of the world, the USA....:db:

http://www.wonderslist.com/10-countries-highest-rape-crime/

Using TapaTalk, so can't use emoticons

Edited by Salty Dog
hyaku

I am looking into asiana airlines so i can go from okinawa - korea - cebu

PAL, wich would be Okinawa - tokyo - manilla - cebu

i have talked to asiana airlines and they said ok, just need clearance

and both of mine are Jack Russell terriers one fat one and one skinny one, but the fat one is only about 25 pounds.

i just cant wait to see how they do in our yard as they go nuts for any type of rodents and have killed a couple here in oki

If you live near the jungle they will have plenty of fun. Plenty of brown tree rats in the coconut and rice eating voles.

• Like 1
CardiacKid

I would advise anyone bringing a dog to also bring heart worm medication. I talked to vet in Talisay  who said 40% of the street dogs have heart worm. I would bring at least a 3 month supply. Obtaining it from vets in Cebu was iffy. 

• Like 1
smokey

well I sure am glad I brought my usa stray ... wife found him under car ,, no one claimed for 6 months ,,, dogs are like children and most often don't lie ,, or cheat ,, or sneak out at night ..

• Like 1