10 police shot in Dallas

Contango

many radical blacks are also Muslims, so it is still possible that there could be a Muslim tie in to these shootings.

That would be a twist that makes some sense.

Roger has banned further gun or black related discussion so that just leaves us cops and muslims.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• darrener

• RogerDuMond

• KID

• Lee

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Possibly, but I have never thought that a fair number of LinC members was representative of the general American population.

one can only hope that you are correct

Posted Images

darrener

Just a little tidbit of info, from my own personal experience many radical blacks are also Muslims, so it is still possible that there could be a Muslim tie in to these shootings.

I get the feeling that some people may be hoping this is the case......... 2birds with one stone.... not insinuating that it's any particular person on this forum.

• Like 1
Lee

I get the feeling that some people may be hoping this is the case......... 2birds with one stone.... not insinuating that it's any particular person on this forum.

I do not hope it is anything, I wish it never happened and I feel for the families of those killed, one police officer identified just got married 2 weeks ago. Death of a family member affects many people, not just the police officer who is killed. 

smokey

If investigations show the two cops fired wrongfully, then of course put them in jail. Who's to say it won't happen to one of us...?

don't worry it wont happen to you I see you live here ... don't worry the police are well trained and would never endanger people ...

Davaoeno

Possibly, but I have never thought that a fair number of LinC members was representative of the general American population.

one can only hope that you are correct

Edited by Davaoeno
  • Like 3
RogerDuMond

He was blown up using a police robot, robot planted the device and then it was detonated.....

Also it was just announced that two bystanders were also wounded.

Roger has banned further gun or black related discussion so that just leaves us cops and muslims.

Start another topic in the political forums if you want to discuss these subjects. This is the news forum.

Edited by RogerDuMond
  • Like 1
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

It's damn near impossible to discuss this topic and all it's nuances without mentioning race, politics, guns, BLM and on and on….

Sent from Note 4 using Tapatalk.

Edited by Salty Dog
  • Like 2
RogerDuMond

It's damn near impossible to discuss this topic and all it's nuances without mentioning race, politics, guns, BLM and on and on….

Sent from Note 4 using Tapatalk.

So start a new topic in the political forum, this is for news about the killings not speculation about causes.

• Like 2
USMC-Retired

Sad day, All this for what? It will continue to cement the public preception of minority communities.

Your whisper can be more scary then any violent action. RIP and my prayers to the families.

ozboy

A black U.S. military veteran of the Afghan war who said he wanted to "kill white people" opened fire in a sniper attack in which five police officers were slain at a protest decrying police shootings of black men, officials said on Friday.

That more or less covers the profiling.....

https://au.news.yahoo.com/world/a/32019831/dallas-shootings-he-wanted-to-kill-white-people/#page1

• Like 3
mikewright

Dallas sniper attack: 5 officers killed, suspect identified

By Faith Karimi, Catherine E. Shoichet and Ralph Ellis, CNN

(CNN)The ambush began with gunshots that killed five officers and sent screaming crowds scrambling for cover. It ended when a Dallas police bomb squad robot killed a gunman after negotiations failed.

Investigators identified the dead attacker as 25-year-old Micah Xavier Johnson of Mesquite, Texas, a military veteran who'd served in Afghanistan.

Police said they searched his home Friday afternoon and found bomb-making materials, ballistic vests, rifles, ammunition and a personal journal of combat tactics. Investigators are analyzing information in the journal, a police statement said.

Dallas Mayor Mike Rawlings said Friday afternoon that investigators determined Johnson was "the lone shooter in this incident," confirming what federal officials had told CNN.

"This was a mobile shooter who had written manifestos on how to shoot and move, shoot and move, and that's what he did," Rawlings said at a news conference. "As we've started to unravel this fishing knot, we've come to realize this shooting came from one building at different levels."

Rawlings said investigators were initially confused about the number of shooters, partly because about 20 protesters who wore protective vests and carried rifles scattered when the shooting started.

Early Friday, three suspects were reported to be in custody. Authorities later told CNN those suspects had been questioned and released.

Dallas police Chief David Brown spoke at a prayer rally Friday and said: "Through our investigation of some of the suspects, it's revealed to us that this was a well-planned, well-thought-out, evil tragedy by these suspects."

Nobody has been charged, Gov. Greg Abbott said, but police want to make sure every lead is investigated.

The deadly gunfire erupted in Dallas after videos showing two Black men shot by police in Louisiana and Minnesota and spurred protests and debate over police use of force across the country.

"Everyone was screaming, people were running," said witness Clarissa Myles. "I saw at least probably 30 shots go off."

Police initially said at least two snipers fired "ambush-style" from an "elevated position" before they exchanged gunfire and negotiated with a suspect, later identified as Johnson, for hours at a parking garage in downtown Dallas.

Before authorities killed him with an explosive, Johnson told negotiators more officers were going to get hurt, and that bombs were planted all over downtown.

Police found no explosives during sweeps of the area, Dallas Police Maj. Max Geron said Friday morning on Twitter.

• Like 1

According to the police. He stated during negotiations. He had been inspired by BLM