zwetzig

Hi, Tryin to figure out what I need for adapters and/or transformers.  Looks like for modern dual voltage stuff, just an adapter is needed.  And looks like I'll need transformer plugs for the cell phones. And for higher amperage single voltage stuff an adaptor-transformer.  Am I good with these?  Any advice appreciated.

Brian

Lee

Hi, Tryin to figure out what I need for adapters and/or transformers.  Looks like for modern dual voltage stuff, just an adapter is needed.  And looks like I'll need transformer plugs for the cell phones. And for higher amperage single voltage stuff an adaptor-transformer.  Am I good with these?  Any advice appreciated.

Brian

It depends on what country you are from, most devices say 100-240 volts on the adapters (be sure to look at them carefully), therefore they would work in the Philippines as long as they would plug into the sockets there. If from the US, then our two prong plug is most often the same as what is used in the Philippines, be careful to never plug in anything that is not made for 240 volts. Coming from the US, the only adapter I have ever needed was 3 prong to two prong since most electric outlets I have come across in the Philippines were two prong. 

Woolf

Brian

From where are you bringing the stuff ???

zwetzig

From where are you bringing the stuff ???

US.  Think I got it resolved that I only need adapters mostly.  If she gonna bring hair irons etc, then a transformer.

Lee

US.  Think I got it resolved that I only need adapters mostly.  If she gonna bring hair irons etc, then a transformer.

For hair irons and hair blowers probably less expensive to just buy a local one, the transformer to run something that draws a lot will cost a lot. 

Inexpensive hair dryers http://www.cdrking.com/index.php?productstype=All+Products&searchvalue=hair+blower&x=0&y=0&mod=products&type=search

Flat irons http://www.cdrking.com/index.php?mod=products&type=category&subcatid=838&main=139

• Like 3

Cipro

Most electronics are 100-240v and 50-60 Hz : IoW they mostly don't care as long as the lug fits, and the plug in PH is mostly USA std wall plug. 

miles-high

Panasonic (and other "international" brand) sells 110/240 switchable hair driers, irons, etc. Check with Travel2000 or similar travel stores... Unlike cellphones, tablets, notes chargers, you would need to manually switch the voltage selector... It's convenient to buy those types as we got condos in 3 countries (100/110/220), fortunately we do not need any adapters unless we go to EU or AU... :)