Human trafficking case filed against Briton

Lee

First of all I am not defending this guy in any way but what goes on between adults should be kept between adults, the thought that 7 ladies are helpless makes me laugh, I have never known a group of Filipinas to be helpless.

The thing that gets me about these types of charges against foreigners who take photos of ladies and have sex with ladies, the keyword being ladies and not kids, is that, if the Philippines really wants to clean up the country then why do they allow bars that have take out. Who am I to judge but if they wish to enforce some laws of this nature on some people, then they really need to think about enforcing all laws of this nature. Prostitution is illegal in the Philippines yet it goes on probably millions of times a week with no one saying a peep as long as they get their bribes.

• Like 4
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cipro

• HTM

• RogerDuMond

• Salty Dog

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One thing is for sure , he has got to be guilty of something ..... unless 7 young women just all of a sudden got together and said .... look , there is a Brit on holidays here , lets all make up up a

Yes, it was just some poor Filipino girls he exploited and local laws he violated,  this is totally insignificant things. It was not our daughters and it was not in our country,,,,     

I'm surprised everyone doesn't see this for the shakedown that it was intended to be.  If the guy had been more generous with payment up front then none of this would have happened.   As it is now it

Posted Images

bluecarabao

Yes again, you are 100% correct!

Let's eliminate poverty and exploitation of this country.Let Philippines become a country where everyone has what they need and do not need to fear tomorrow.

But the reality is that about 20 million Filipinos are hungry now, and don't know if they can eat tomorrow.

Personally I have never been in the situation that is the reality for millions of poor people here, so I am a little careful o condemn them.

Well,I have been poor plus had winter to contend with. But I didn't resort to anything shady to survive. I worked for a farmer and my wage was food. I would offer to work for one week free which got me some very good employment.

In our former restaurant in Davao,we would give food to kids who would sell it so they could buy rugby or gas to sniff. Another bunch of kids would take the food we gave them,give it to their parents,who would sell it instead of feeding their kids. So we had to stop that. We offered people food for work,one kid worked for one hour,got big meal,never showed up again. All of our years in business,I had only two good employees,they did their job and treated the business as if it were their own,excellent people,proud to have known them,oh,did I mention they were squatter people.

Religion is responsible,government is responsible,law enforcement,lack of it, fellow human beings are responsible,but most just turn a blind eye until that nasty foreigner avails of services offered everywhere in this country,then the manure hits the fan. The lack of humanity has failed many people in this country.

I'm not defending the actions of a foreigner caught doing such things,they deserve to be shot and pissed on.

bluecarabao

Look at it another way. Some have little brothers who only have one meal a day.

I find it hard to comprehend that seeing that food grows all year around,fish everywhere. People don't want to work for money,they just want it as easy as possible. People asked for food at our restaurant,I handed them a rag,asked them to clean so tables for food,they walked away. I would have offered them a job. I don't mean to sound harsh,but I have lived right in the middle of all of this for many years so I have a different prospective.

• Like 1
Cipro

I fail to see what your complaint is since you say yourself that it is illegal.

I'm not complaining so much as commenting. I do however believe that it's evil for one group of people to force another group to conform to their ideals as long as no one is being injured and every one is a consenting adult. So in this case the law is evil. 

First of all I am not defending this guy in any way but what goes on between adults should be kept between adults, the thought that 7 ladies are helpless makes me laugh,

Pretty much, add to that the fact that this is something that happens very often and officials don't bat an eye (as they should not, it's rightfully none of their business) and then to see this blown up as such a news item and I have to call shenanigans. Someone is getting paid somehow here, to be blunt. 

to make prostitutes of Filipinas. 

This wording is laughable. 

They have choices just like everyone, as full grown adult humans. They choose to make relatively large stacks of relatively easy money. 

• Like 3
Cipro

food grows all year around,fish everywhere. People don't want to work for money,they just want it as easy as possible.

They don't want food, they want a new iPad. 

I'm not judging them (well a little, iPads are sort of shit) but mostly this is not so much about food for a family, it's about living better, or supporting a gaggle of fatherless kids, or both. 

RogerDuMond

but what goes on between adults should be kept between adults,

and it does in countries where it isn't against the law, but then he didn't do it in one of those countries.

• Like 2
Cipro

and it does in countries where it isn't against the law, but then he didn't do it in one of those countries.

I think that the law is systematically violating human rights is sort of the point. 

smokey

Yes again, you are 100% correct!

Let's eliminate poverty and exploitation of this country.

Let Philippines become a country where everyone has what they need and do not need to fear tomorrow.

But the reality is that about 20 million Filipinos are hungry now, and don't know if they can eat tomorrow.

Personally I have never been in the situation that is the reality for millions of poor people here, so I am a little careful o condemn them.

I admire your feelings on this subject but reality says even if offered a job many will still take the easy path.. including women and men... ask a drug dealer why he sells that shit and some will say .. hum I make a lot of money ... same with some women offer them a job say a nurse who often make min. wage and they will say ... I spend more getting my hair done then they make per month so these problems will never go away totally

• Like 5

even if offered a job many will still take the easy path.. including women and men...

My experience 2

Lee

Well prostitution is against the law in the Philippines but they do not enforce that and that should be pretty obvious by the many girlybars all over the Philippines.

• Like 1
Cipro

Well prostitution is against the law in the Philippines but they do not enforce that and that should be pretty obvious by the many girlybars all over the Philippines.

Except this day, for this guy. 

Again, shenanigans. Shenanigans!

• Like 1
RogerDuMond

Your point is? Every country puts more effort in enforcing laws they want to enforce and less into others.

Wait and see if it changes. They used to ignore drug laws also, but that seems to have changed.

Edited by RogerDuMond
TheWhiteKnight

What was exactly illegal in what he did, if he did not actually sell/distribute any photos/videos? Honest question.

quit_yume

I'm surprised everyone doesn't see this for the shakedown that it was intended to be.  If the guy had been more generous with payment up front then none of this would have happened.   As it is now it will cost him quite a lot more.

• Like 6
RogerDuMond

I'm surprised everyone doesn't see this for the shakedown that it was intended to be.  If the guy had been more generous with payment up front then none of this would have happened.   As it is now it will cost him quite a lot more.

You know this how?