Crimes And Murder Involving Foreigners In The Philippines

Jawny

The article says it's often the friends of people around the victim. Most are not sophisticated crimes carefully planned and executed by seasoned professionals with heavy firearms and good connections on the police side, but rather desperate careless and retarded kind of persons. The very thought that such lowlifes could cause threat is irritating.Don't they have private detective service here?? (we only use it to catch adultery though) with cheap hitman it could be put to good use.

Perhaps I am reading this incorrectly. Are you suggesting that. "Cheap hitman" is a solution to some sort of dispute? Seems like a suggestion that would lead to another story for the OP to add to this list.

By the way, who is "we"?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JamesMusslewhite

• oscarpears

• rep1

• smokey

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This whole idea how people supposedly feel so much safer walking the dumpy streets of Malate than they do in a major US city is mostly a fantasy, or just that, a feeling.   The big difference is tha

Nah, just observe everyone through the same looking glass on standards which are equal. Do not use either rose colored glasses or rectum-optics when observing others. use due diligence and common sens

I am use to the targeting and I simply let it slid like water on a duck's back. Those that read more to what is actually written are see intent which was intended. Those who do not mind if the insult

JamesMusslewhite

The article says it's often the friends of people around the victim. Most are not sophisticated crimes carefully planned and executed by seasoned professionals with heavy firearms and good connections on the police side, but rather desperate careless and retarded kind of persons. The very thought that such lowlifes could cause threat is irritating.

Don't they have private detective service here?? (we only use it to catch adultery though) with cheap hitman it could be put to good use.

I remember more than just a few threads about robberies and I believe at least two murder threads here where housekeepers purposely left the door unlocked, these always seem to be a case of a boyfriend being involved.

Some where the wife or girlfriend planned to get rid of their expat husbands or companions. There were at least least two threads where hired construction workers robbed and or killed expats and even spouses and children. More than one were robberies where an expat and their child were injured or murdered while in their own vehicles. And a bunch of petty robberies and pickpocket incidents while traveling on public modes of transportation. Evil can find you anywhere at anytime.

I simply try to remain conscience of my surrounds and practice due diligence and keep living my life to enjoy each the Lord lets me breath. I guess the way I see it is that one can spend their live worrying about possible harm, or they can spend their lives really living. And if harm does find me I will have no regret as I have had all in all a pretty amazing life doing what I truly wanted to do, We are all after all merely born to die, it is how you live between those times that seems more important to me.

• Like 2
bahalina buong

I remember more than just a few threads about robberies and I believe at least two murder threads here where housekeepers purposely left the door unlocked, these always seem to be a case of a boyfriend being involved.

Some where the wife or girlfriend planned to get rid of their expat husbands or companions. There were at least least two threads where hired construction workers robbed and or killed expats and even spouses and children. More than one were robberies where an expat and their child were injured or murdered while in their own vehicles. And a bunch of petty robberies and pickpocket incidents while traveling on public modes of transportation. Evil can find you anywhere at anytime.

I simply try to remain conscience of my surrounds and practice due diligence and keep living my life to enjoy each the Lord lets me breath. I guess the way I see it is that one can spend their live worrying about possible harm, or they can spend their lives really living. And if harm does find me I will have no regret as I have had all in all a pretty amazing life doing what I truly wanted to do, We are all after all merely born to die, it is how you live between those times that seems more important to me.

Based solely upon anecdotal observations, it seems the perceptive threat level is much lower among those who have no other option but to remain here in the Philippines.  Stay vigilant everyone, and perhaps keep a loaded weapon near your hammock as you bask in the glow of paradise. 

RogerDuMond

Based solely upon anecdotal observations, it seems the perceptive threat level is much lower among those who have no other option but to remain here in the Philippines.

Can you give examples to back up your contention that those of us who don't feel threatened here, don't have any other options?

smokey

he mean everyone except you life in Mayberry PH is fine for some and others well i like it a little faster paced .... remember the piece of string

oztony

Everybody's sense of safety is bound to vary considerably inline with their location in the Philippines and also their own personality , too meek = vulnerable ... to staunch = avoidable conflict ....

and then there is of course just the luck of the draw and chance , but one thing is for sure ... walking around with a snotty attitude will surely garner a result sooner or later ....

• Like 7
RogerDuMond

he mean everyone except you life in Mayberry PH is fine for some and others well i like it a little faster paced .... remember the piece of string

I am asking for examples to back up his contention that we have no options and that has nothing to do with the pace of life nor your string.

Shrek484

I find the locals for the most part, polite, fun and friendly!

Recently argued with one and only one and he was just a toss bag, I did not back down he did, he was out of order, yep he made the usual threats, am I worried, f...k no. He is one out of maybe 300 my path has crossed and I have had smiles/ hellos and invitations from all but one! 

Please do not waste your breath telling me I am going to die or I am stupid or a macho freak, I am none of those. Maybe I will die tomorrow, but very unlikely at his hands!

I was at the local pool the other day where allsorts hangout and had a great time, also made a few new friends and added a few to my fb. Was invited for lunch by one lot and dinner by another offered drinks and chatted for ages, had a good laugh too. 

There were tattooed mean looking buggers and youngsters to families and kids, I had a ball and felt completely at ease and at home.

No worse here than many other countries,in fact probably a lot friendlier here than many other countires, just relax and enjoy it. 

TheWhiteKnight

Recently argued with one and only one and he was just a toss bag, I did not back down he did, he was out of order, yep he made the usual threats, am I worried, f...k no. He is one out of maybe 300 my path has crossed and I have had smiles/ hellos and invitations from all but one! 

Please do not waste your breath telling me I am going to die or I am stupid or a macho freak, I am none of those. Maybe I will die tomorrow, but very unlikely at his hands!

I was at the local pool the other day where allsorts hangout and had a great time, also made a few new friends and added a few to my fb. Was invited for lunch by one lot and dinner by another offered drinks and chatted for ages, had a good laugh too. 

There were tattooed mean looking buggers and youngsters to families and kids, I had a ball and felt completely at ease and at home.

No worse here than many other countries,in fact probably a lot friendlier here than many other countires, just relax and enjoy it. 

:rip::popcorn:

hyaku

That's probably what my Dutch friend was thinking a week last Sunday driving home with his son. His general attitude was the same as yours.

• Like 1
Shrek484

It is great to see your humour white night, so you think ALL Filippinos are killers! Wow way to go to generalise a whole country! 

Maybe Hyaku he was thinking that, who knows. As we do not know as far as I aware what really happened we cannot know the truth! had he argued with anyone? did he have a running dispute? or was he just unlucky? 

I do know that it is much the same as Thailand, they kill for fun and I survived that place for 3 years. My boss got killed over an argument about a hedge!

I do know it is much the same as Cambodia and I survived one ofthe worst places there SHK for a whole year! I had one or two conflicts there and the rest were cool. An army guy got killed on the beach the same time I was there. 

None of this means I will be killed for having words with one person, nor will I live in fear of that, and I refuse to believe every Filippino is a killer! They are very cabable of having an argument without killing you! 

You live in fear and waste your life, I will live how I do and carry on enjoying myself. If I die tomorrow so be it, at least I had fear free fun.

:bomb:

• Like 1
TheWhiteKnight

It is great to see your humour white night, so you think ALL Filippinos are killers! Wow way to go to generalise a whole country! 

Maybe Hyaku he was thinking that, who knows. As we do not know as far as I aware what really happened we cannot know the truth! had he argued with anyone? did he have a running dispute? or was he just unlucky? 

I do know that it is much the same as Thailand, they kill for fun and I survived that place for 3 years. My boss got killed over an argument about a hedge!

I do know it is much the same as Cambodia and I survived one ofthe worst places there SHK for a whole year! I had one or two conflicts there and the rest were cool. An army guy got killed on the beach the same time I was there. 

None of this means I will be killed for having words with one person, nor will I live in fear of that, and I refuse to believe every Filippino is a killer! They are very cabable of having an argument without killing you! 

You live in fear and waste your life, I will live how I do and carry on enjoying myself. If I die tomorrow so be it, at least I had fear free fun.

:bomb:

I don't think they are all killers, by far they are not. I'm part Filipino myself. However what I do believe is that most people that end up victims of these things adopted the same feelings you have, let their guard down thinking they were really becoming Filipino and got a bullet or knife in the back. Your thoughts are exactly what you don't want to do especially as a newbie here.

Shrek484

Guard down, mine is never down wherever I am! Especially in China as they fight in packs as they are cowards! They refuse to believe they are wrong and hate all foreigners, of course not all Chinese just the majority.

So I am used to being guarded, I am not becoming  Filippino nor do I want to, I am not a newbie here, this is my 4th visit in total and I have a Filippino GF, lived in Asia for 5 years so I am not a greenhorn by any stretch of the imagination. 

I do however strongly believe that to be here you need to mix with locals a bit, smile say hi and have fun. To segregate oneself I think is destructive and will lead to locals resenting you! I think being scared and meek will get you killed as quick as be over assertive and bolshy. 

Your not so funny reply with a RIP definitely says you think they are all killers and incapable of having an argument without it resorting in a death!

Just had a chat to my GF about your comments and she said if you're that scared move! she was quite offended that you think I will be killed for having an argument with this guy and thought it quite ridiculous. she did not see any humour in your RIP and popcorn at all.

I am not saying it is impossible, just very unlikely and no more likely than many other countries.

Edited by Shrek484
TheWhiteKnight

Guard down, mine is never down wherever I am! Especially in China as they fight in packs as they are cowards! They refuse to believe they are wrong and hate all foreigners, of course not all Chinese just the majority.

So I am used to being guarded, I am not becoming  Filippino nor do I want to, I am not a newbie here, this is my 4th visit in total and I have a Filippino GF, lived in Asia for 5 years so I am not a greenhorn by any stretch of the imagination. 

I do however strongly believe that to be here you need to mix with locals a bit, smile say hi and have fun. To segregate oneself I think is destructive and will lead to locals resenting you! I think being scared and meek will get you killed as quick as be over assertive and bolshy. 

Your not so funny reply with a RIP definitely says you think they are all killers and incapable of having an argument without it resorting in a death!

Just had a chat to my GF about your comments and she said if you're that scared move! she was quite offended that you think I will be killed for having an argument with this guy and thought it quite ridiculous. she did not see any humour in your RIP and popcorn at all.

I am not saying it is impossible, just very unlikely and no more likely than many other countries.

Wow 4 visits and a girlfriend. I guess we have an expert here, and way to put words in my mouth, but go ahead :).

• Like 2
smokey

I am asking for examples to back up his contention that we have no options and that has nothing to do with the pace of life nor your string.

your referring to you like all foreigners live like YOU and have your lifestyle I know a few that CANT go back ... child support.... taxes.... warrants.... etc etc etc  oh and a few pervs who don't like blue hair ladies

Edited by smokey