Crimes And Murder Involving Foreigners In The Philippines

RogerDuMond

I had friend that frequented and stayed there on and off for many years. Then one morning in broad daylight someone stuck something in his back that felt like a barrel of a gun and took his money. Just the once was enough.

Have you ever thought about returning it to him?

• Like 3
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JamesMusslewhite

• oscarpears

• smokey

• Davaoeno

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This whole idea how people supposedly feel so much safer walking the dumpy streets of Malate than they do in a major US city is mostly a fantasy, or just that, a feeling.   The big difference is tha

Nah, just observe everyone through the same looking glass on standards which are equal. Do not use either rose colored glasses or rectum-optics when observing others. use due diligence and common sens

I am use to the targeting and I simply let it slid like water on a duck's back. Those that read more to what is actually written are see intent which was intended. Those who do not mind if the insult

oscarpears

Perhaps you could post a list of all the things that you know so we dont have to guess.[

We ? Nobody else is confused.

again it would be helpful then if you posted a list of everything that you think- again so we dont have to guess

Again the royal prerogative "we"  if you have trouble understanding what I am saying, do please pm me, I would be happy to elaborate. Meanwhile I must pack my bags (suitcases) as I am going to Paris (France) for a few days. No; it won't take me a few days to travel to France, I guess the journey will take about 6 hours, but I intend to spend a few days there.

bahalina buong

Thank you though for your advice, but I know that "flights leave daily" and I know where the airports are and how to board a plane. I am not as familiar as you seem to be with "the stench of cowardous", it strikes me, that as life is short, many of those who leave the Philippines after a few years, do so not because they "can't hang"  in there, but simply because they no longer want to hang in there.

I think James is being unfairly targeted here.  He's never denied that the Philippines is a dangerous place, but he's just such a human bad ass that he cannot bother being concerned with silly little death threats and other similar nuisances.  He doesn't fear criminals...they fear him.  And he even posts his address just begging them to "come get some."    So to all the weak, spineless, girly men that are concerned with the safety, security, and well-being of themselves and their families...just catch that next plane out of here.  There's no place in this country for such cowardice.   :biggrin_01:

• Like 2
smokey

I never fear I just walk on the wild side with my friends... Rhonda rousey ,, if I need to get an arm bar started , and the real Bruce lee in case someone tries' to overcharge me ///I did have to let Jason Bourne go as he was starting to wimp out but I replaced him with Shaq for heavy lifting   

Edited by smokey
  • Like 1
hyaku

Well not much more new on my friend shot and murdered a week ago. They have CCTV footage of people watching him before he drove home. His son and passenger saw the faces. My atty takes over as legal admin this week under the newly elected mayor and will start his own enquiry. When I first met him he worked for De Lemos at NBI7. We can but hope.

• Like 1
JamesMusslewhite

You agree with and "like" the intelligent points that White Knight makes, and then you proceed to contradict him and put words into his mouth.

I don't come across much of the negativity and the Pinoy bashing that you seem to imagine permeates these treads. Mostly I read these forums for their balance and divergence of opinion. If they were all of the rose tinted glasses or of the Pinoy bashing school of thought, then the forum would cease to have any interest or merit.

If someone has a negative experience in the Philippines and shares it, then I am grateful for their courage and community mindedness, we learn from our mistakes and if we are intelligent, we  learn from the well considered experiences of others.

We are all different. You are fortunate to have an enduring long term marriage, a strong and implacable faith in God, and are a bedded in, and well respected member of your community in Surigao.

I have often walked the streets of Colon up to midnight; the fact that I have done so doesn't lead me to conclude that the vicinity of Colon is safe. I walk the area with the same degree of vigilance as a gazelle walking across the African Savannah. Being White or Black in the Philippines is a disadvantage, Unfortunately you are more than just a gazelle, you are a gazelle walking across the savannah with a lame foot.

Next year I intend to move to the Philippines. As a single man I don't expect it will be easy. Once I found it novel and flattering that every stranger I met seemed to want to marry me, now I find it tedious, embarrassing and lonely. I dislike standing out and being constantly categorised as a rich "foreigner". And as I love the culture and the ethos of the Philippines, I don't want to spend my time guzzling beer with other "foreigners",  whose company I would avoid if I met them in the UK,

Thank you though for your advice, but I know that "flights leave daily" and I know where the airports are and how to board a plane. I am not as familiar as you seem to be with "the stench of cowardous", it strikes me, that as life is short, many of those who leave the Philippines after a few years, do so not because they "can't hang"  in there, but simply because they no longer want to hang in there.

It was sarcasm and I was simply being a dick and used his own retort towards me to make a blunt shotgun statement to the forum group as a whole..

• Like 1
oscarpears

I have never said it was crime free, nor do I accept it is us against them. I have seen and read too many accounts were unruly expats receive a far more gentler hand than they would by their own countrymen I can not simply pretend that all expats are great standup guys and their is no reason for resentment from the locals. Especially having read the constant threads on the forums over the last 8 years. Like these classic oldies but goodies. Several cases of expats filming little girls, running illegal job recruiting, murdering locals, blocking mall door while throwing a tantrum because dog was not allowed, Plastered Orca ninja trashing a hotel being rolled out in a baggage cart, expat stiffing the taxi fare then stripping butt naked at the jail, man get so plastered he walks in a strangers home and pisses on their furniture, expats running real estate scams, selling shabo, being pimps, and the never ending stream of sex tourist, etc. ect. ect. I can not even count the times I have seen expats yell and scream at locals for little provocation trying to throw their weight around. We may want to forget but you can be assured that locals never will. I guess I am just an oddity, as I treat my neighbors as I would like to be treated. I never demand respect if I am not man enough to earn it. What my wife and I really get tired of hearing from the local we have come to know is that we do not act like other foreigners. Why do they feel that way about my fellow expats? And why do I have to catch needless crap from keyboard commandos for merely stating the obvious? :biggrin_01:

I agree with you 100% I am sorry if you thought i was having a go at you.

Certainly if I were a Filipino i too would be angry at the behaviour of many of the foreigners i see. Many of us are offended by the ignorance of our own tribe.But what can we do apart from policing our own attitudes ? Perhaps we could write a code of conduct for foreigners in the Philippines that can be debated on the forum, added to and subtracted by the members until the final version is voted on, and accepted by the majority of members ? 
Ignorance and bad behaviour by foreigners is like Dry Rot, it only takes a small amount of people to destroy the reputation of most of us who simply want to engage meaningfully with Filipinos and with life in the Philippines.

• Like 2
oscarpears

So to all the weak, spineless, girly men that are concerned with the safety, security, and well-being of themselves and their families...just catch that next plane out of here. There's no place in this country for such cowardice. :biggrin_01:

I am over 25 and the last time i checked my penis is still intact and functioning. I have traipsed all over Mindanao and the less salubrious parts of Manila and Cebu. I don't for one moment imagine that my journey's make me a Hemingway or any more of a man than anyone else here. I can do it because i am a single man and the truth is, that there will be nobody to mourn much if i were to disapear or die.

Consequently I am free man.

If i were to have a family, then perhaps i may morph from an idiot into the "girly man" you so despise. I would, in your inimitable words be more "concerned with the safety, security and well-being of themselves and their families"  Again; that would not make me a "girly man"  it would make me a real man. A man who puts his wife and children first. Puts them before his freedom. Before his casual lusts, and before his thirst to travel the rarely trodden back roads the Philippines.

• Like 1
Skywalker

So to all the weak, spineless, girly men that are concerned with the safety, security, and well-being of themselves and their families...just catch that next plane out of here.  There's no place in this country for such cowardice.

I am packing my bags as we chant!

• Like 3
JamesMusslewhite

I agree with you 100% I am sorry if you thought i was having a go at you.

Certainly if I were a Filipino i too would be angry at the behaviour of many of the foreigners i see. Many of us are offended by the ignorance of our own tribe.But what can we do apart from policing our own attitudes ? Perhaps we could write a code of conduct for foreigners in the Philippines that can be debated on the forum, added to and subtracted by the members until the final version is voted on, and accepted by the majority of members ? 

Ignorance and bad behaviour by foreigners is like Dry Rot, it only takes a small amount of people to destroy the reputation of most of us who simply want to engage meaningfully with Filipinos and with life in the Philippines.

That thought never crossed my mind... As for a code of conduct? There was one that was actually worked up about 4,500 years ago, and even had a revision written about 2,000 years ago, and we see how well that one is doing... :rofl:

• Like 1
rep1

It takes a very special person to come up with such an ingenious idea !!

It's nothing new. We had laws like that for several thousands of years. Chinese remembers.

But it also take special kind of person to survive and prospect in the paradise. Not too conflicting?

spydoo

why don't rich filipinos, chinoys and expats hire death squad, though?

if they can kidnap and murder you, you can kidnap back their families or murder them all. Being richer should give us a better position, no? if every kidnappers end up having his entire family shot in cold blood, they'd stop doing that.

Yes but kidnappers almost always don't write their return name and address on the back of the ransom-note envelope. Whether it's co-incidental or they are demonstrating cunning I'm not sure.

Topper

Have you ever thought about returning it to him?

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  I love the way you think.

rep1

Yes but kidnappers almost always don't write their return name and address on the back of the ransom-note envelope. Whether it's co-incidental or they are demonstrating cunning I'm not sure.

The article says it's often the friends of people around the victim. Most are not sophisticated crimes carefully planned and executed by seasoned professionals with heavy firearms and good connections on the police side, but rather desperate careless and retarded kind of persons. The very thought that such lowlifes could cause threat is irritating.

Don't they have private detective service here?? (we only use it to catch adultery though) with cheap hitman it could be put to good use.

Edited by aqd