Sign in to follow this  
az09

Safest and cheapest way to ship a credit card?

TheWhiteKnight

Philpost delivered some delivered some insurance papers from HK for a friend registered mail. They kept going to his house and leaving a notice with out ringing the bell. Finally he picked it up at the post office. The reason they didn't deliver it directly is because it had been opened (nothing lost or to steal), it was in a cage locked up. I guess they don't trust their drivers to deliver registered mail if it looks like it has been opened or something haha.

Probably a 50/50 chance the OP get it's safely from Philpost.

TheWhiteKnight

Chase sends cards anywhere outside the US via UPS no charge. I would assume BoA sends theirs the same way, wouldn't think they'd let Chase one up them on that aspect.

Almost every bank will send a replacement anywhere in the world  for $0-29 dollar fee for FedEx. I've done it with most major banks. No problem at all. The stupid thing though was Charles Schwab doesn't declare it as a DOCUMENT instead they declare it as $1 record able media and you will be charged FedEx customs storage fees even if they only stored it for 1 hour! So cost another P500 to receive the package.

• Like 1

az09

Chase sends cards anywhere outside the US via UPS no charge. I would assume BoA sends theirs the same way, wouldn't think they'd let Chase one up them on that aspect.

Yep, you're right. Just got confirmation that Bank of America sent the replacement card via UPS to my Philippine address. No charge to me.

I made the request on July 1, UPS picked it up that same night in Pennsylvania. As of July 2, it's already in Alaska. It's scheduled to be delivered on July 5.

Edited by az09
  • Like 1

Bill H

A couple of years ago my Credit Union did the same thing, but they charged me the standard UPS fee of $130 to send it to me.  Now they've gone to biometric cards and they want to charge me the same fee, I told them no thanks.  When I did that, they turned my old cards off.  Nice!

delancey

I use a mail forwarding service that takes care of everything fantastically. I went the trusted family/friend route but it has it's flaws. The service scans the envelopes then I decide what to do from there. They are so good I don't think I would cancel even if I was back to the States. I don't get a lot of mail. As with many of us, what little non online mail I get is important.

I don't shill for business so you can easily google mail forwarding services if you like.

• Like 1

az09

It was delivered to my hands on the morning of July 5. :)

Monsoon

I use a mail forwarding service that takes care of everything fantastically. I went the trusted family/friend route but it has it's flaws. The service scans the envelopes then I decide what to do from there. They are so good I don't think I would cancel even if I was back to the States. I don't get a lot of mail. As with many of us, what little non online mail I get is important.

I don't shill for business so you can easily google mail forwarding services if you like.

I used a similar service for years and still use it as the official billing address on my credit cards since moving back. They know where I physically reside but its nice to not worry about the mail if gone for weeks at a time. 

I get an email whenever something is received with the sender's name and a description (small box / letter / etc.). I can have it dispositioned via forward, throw away, or hold for pickup. 

They too offer scanning of contents if I urgently want to read anything. 

If you live abroad I can't see doing without one. 

• Like 1

az09

Recommendations for a reliable, trustworthy mail forwarding company?

TheWhiteKnight

I used a similar service for years and still use it as the official billing address on my credit cards since moving back. They know where I physically reside but its nice to not worry about the mail if gone for weeks at a time. 

I get an email whenever something is received with the sender's name and a description (small box / letter / etc.). I can have it dispositioned via forward, throw away, or hold for pickup. 

They too offer scanning of contents if I urgently want to read anything. 

If you live abroad I can't see doing without one. 

Do they take a scan of the envelope ? I've wanted to get a service but for me, I still have parents to do this duty manually haha.

• Like 1

Monsoon

I've been with Mail Link Plus in Las Vegas for about 8 years now. 

Do they take a scan of the envelope ? I've wanted to get a service but for me, I still have parents to do this duty manually haha.

And the contents (you tell them how many (maximum number of) pages you want scanned. Its $1 a page, but priceless when you need to read something and don't want to spend the $50 for reliable international courier. 

eusebio.landrum

I've had debit and credit cards sent here through my banks, without a charge. Out of the 3 different banks I was never charged for them to send it to me from the US to the Philippines. I would say UPS is the most reliable and the quickest. FedEx was slow (the Lapu-Lapu facility is a joke). I had an an incident with Fedex where my card was stolen and it was charged over $5 k in Hong Kong. Another incident took another week for delivery after it was just sitting at the facility. I had to find multiple ways of getting messages to them to deliver the package to me.

AlwaysRt

I use TravelingMailbox they scan the envelope and email you, you tell them shred, save, or open and scan. I have the basic plan which includes 35 free page scans per month (envelope scans are unlimited). Last couple times I requested a scan it was done in a few hours.

tonny

Yes mail link in Vegas is great !!!!