Safest and cheapest way to ship a credit card?

So, due to some kind of security breach that may or may not affect me, Bank of America sent a new credit card with a new number to my US address. The old card is in my possession but will be deactivated in less than 2 weeks.

I have no plans to return to the US anytime soon. What do you suggest I do to physically get the new card in my possession here in the Philippines safely and cheaply?

I was considering throwing it in my next LBC ShippingCart box, but apparently credit cards are prohibited.

NOSOCALPINOY

I'm with Bank of America and others. I always notify them on-line in advance to send my new cards via "Expedite Mail". They will charge me extra for it, but it gets delivered to our home here in the Philippines without any issues and that includes all of my other bank cards from other places in the U.S..  

NOSOCALPINOY

Thanks, how much do they charge you?

I think it was around $29 from the west coast, took from 3 to 5 days depending on which state my cards were coming from.   

Thanks. I just got off chat support with them, they will mail the new card to my Philippine address. Supposedly no charge, but I didn't request expedited mail. We'll see if it gets here, I guess...

rainymike

I think the answer to this varies if using regular mail. In some places I've lived, the mail was pretty reliable. In others, the mail was very unreliable.

For my atm card, I ask the bank to send it to me FedEx which has been reliable for me no matter where I was.

• Like 2
Paul

I have only had cards shipped to me via FedEx, within the Philippines.

For my atm card, I ask the bank to send it to me FedEx which has been reliable for me no matter where I was.

Thanks. I just got off chat support with them, they will mail the new card to my Philippine address. Supposedly no charge, but I didn't request expedited mail. We'll see if it gets here, I guess...

Via regular air mail?

Soarking

I am coming to Cebu on July 17th. If you want to have the CC mailed to my home address I will deliver it to you. I have taken papers, credit cates and other items for LinC members before.

I would not trust the mail in RP.

Might cost you a McDu breakfast.

Edited by Soarking
easydrifter

I have the same Fricken problem, recently had my nephew FedEx my ATM to me for $95.00 USD, now credit card company came out with a new one with a chip and will cancel the one I have here in one week even though the expiration date is 2018.It's starting to piss me off.

• Like 1
NOSOCALPINOY

Next time I will just wait for my bank to send me my credit card via their regular mail even though it takes 4 to 5 weeks to get here. Anyway I have other cards to hold me over, but after 5 weeks it doen't arrive, I'll have them reissue a new card expedite mail which only takes 3 to 5 days, but they will charge me extra. Yeah, grrrrrrrrr!

miles-high

AMEX can issue any card from any country (except Centurion) here in Makati (I think they were located in the RCBC building but it was a few years ago)…

• Like 1

i had my sister send one a few months ago priority mail express register took thirty two days from VA,the post office here told me the best way to send is A US Mail service that when it arrives in the PH either DHL are Federal express take over the delivery google it up .and see what it called.

Via regular air mail?

I don't know, would that be good or bad? I only asked if there would be a charge to send it to me here in the Philippines. The chat agent said there is no fee to reissue a Bank of America card to anywhere in the world.

I am coming to Cebu on July 17th. If you want to have the CC mailed to my home address I will deliver it to you. I have taken papers, credit cates and other items for LinC members before.

I would not trust the mail in RP.

Might cost you a McDu breakfast.

I appreciate the offer but I'm in Davao.

Chase sends cards anywhere outside the US via UPS no charge. I would assume BoA sends theirs the same way, wouldn't think they'd let Chase one up them on that aspect.

Edited by Nikko
  • Like 1
  • Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

but I didn't request expedited mail. We'll see if it gets here, I guess...

Oh that's not a good idea.

Over the years half of what was sent to me "regular post" never turned up, got returned to sender or shows up months later.

PhilPost has a lot in common with tits on a bull.

UPS and Fed Ex are the only way to go with important stuff to or from the Phils.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Monsoon
  • Like 1