Sign in to follow this  
Paul

A Filipina whom I know

til

The man who is the subject of this thread is Canadian where the age of consent for non-anal sex is 16.

So what's the age of consent for anal sex in Canada?

:drink:

(And why does it matter which hole you use?)

:biggrin_01:

ckfm

I doubt that the great country of Canada will have any interest in helping the mother and child.

When our son was born here in Cebu to me an my legally married wife, the great consul Mr. Robert Lee from the Canadian consulate in Cebu had to take a look at my newborn son first, before he approved the citizenship papers. "I have to make sure that he is your son" - apart from that, I think most countries have smiliar policies.

The mother would have to go to child services in Canada, I doubt that she has any chance of reaching the far country.

RickyL

I can guarantee the Canadian government would make him pay child support. They are very strict on the subject. They will garnishee wages, suspend drivers licences and passports until payment is made. If he still does not pay there is jail time involved. A friend of mine did 3 months for refusing to pay 6 months worth. The mother would probably have to provide a dna sample of the child. If the child is his, he will have to pay the costs. I am quite sure the Canadian embassy has all the required information if the mother is interested in it. For example I made 60k Canadian so I pay 557 Canadian dollars monthly for one child. I also pay 100 per month on top of the 557 in retroactive because I underpaid for 3 years. Believe me they will make him pay. ANd I hope for the for the mom and baby's sake that its according to the child support guidelines of his province. You can find the child support guidelines online.

KennyF

>>You indicated that having sex with a below 18 year old in the Philippines would be an offense in 'your country'

OK, I take your point and you're dead right, but mate, first, If you're charged with rape here in Asia, you ain't going home because you end up incarcerated.

And then, do you really think that if you're wanted for rape in any country, you can just go home and it's forgotten about?

What we're talking about here is guys bonking girls and in a lot of cases purposely or at least not caring if they impregnate them thinking "no problem, I'll be home in 10 days".

I had an acquaintance here on the island who deserted his wife and kid about two years ago. Guess what? They got him in Mactan and slung him in jail. After many, many court appearances he has lost his house and property and now pays 4,000 pesos a month maintenance untill the kid grows up. These are the days of computers.

Bottom line, as a bunch of expatiates actually living in Asia we should all be condemning that "sex tourist" attitude.

Kenny in Camiguin.

lazydays

As with any laws,the law is open to interpretation.

What i would say is,any guy having or who has had sex with any filipina under 18yrs of age,is breaking the law one way or another,and a case can easily be made against him by the authorities,if someone makes a complaint.

There are so many beautiful women here over 18yrs of age,i will never understand why some guys take such huge risks with minors,its insane.

Usually,if the girl is a minor and the family allow it,and no one puts in a complaint,the family will milk you dry,and hold your actions over you like blackmail.Once you can no longer afford to grease the families hands,things will turn nasty for you.

Some may think,once the girl reaches 18 they are in the clear,not so,witness's can easily cause your downfall.

There are instances of guys being tricked by girls who claim to be 18 or 20,but are still minors,usually the family is behind the scam.

Whatever,you will always be held accountable,as you are the adult.

I would advise extreme caution with any girl under 21,be very sure and seriously checkout she is over 18,for your own legal safety.

Use your common sense and think with your BIG head,not your small head,or you may have many years in jail to repent at your leisure.

ckfm

I can guarantee the Canadian government would make him pay child support. They are very strict on the subject. They will garnishee wages, suspend drivers licences and passports until payment is made. If he still does not pay there is jail time involved. A friend of mine did 3 months for refusing to pay 6 months worth. The mother would probably have to provide a dna sample of the child. If the child is his, he will have to pay the costs. I am quite sure the Canadian embassy has all the required information if the mother is interested in it. For example I made 60k Canadian so I pay 557 Canadian dollars monthly for one child. I also pay 100 per month on top of the 557 in retroactive because I underpaid for 3 years. Believe me they will make him pay. ANd I hope for the for the mom and baby's sake that its according to the child support guidelines of his province. You can find the child support guidelines online.

Do you know of any case of any foreigner of any western country where he had to pay child support to a poor Filipina whom he made a child?

Assuming that the Canadian embassy will help her is false hope in my opinion. How is this supposed to work? Get a court order from Canada to have the guy submit his DNA sample? They won't move a finger.

This is not the job of the embassy anyway.

All she can do is hire a local lawyer and go through the court system in the Philippines. If she has the money. Remember, they are not married, the guy will just deny everything.

Edited by scianna54

KennyF

>>Do you know of any case of any foreigner of any western country where he had to pay child support to a poor Filipina whom he made a child?

Yes I do. A buddy of mine (Irish) was ordered by the local court in 2008 to pay 4,000pesos a month until the child is 18.

>>All she can do is hire a local lawyer and go through the court system in the Philippines.

Not so, she goes to the police who MUST act on her allegation.

And/or the local fiscal office. No charge.

>>If she has the money. Remember, they are not married, the guy will just deny everything.

Wow, wish it were so. The guy (in RP) must PROVE he did not do it.

ckfm

>>Do you know of any case of any foreigner of any western country where he had to pay child support to a poor Filipina whom he made a child?

Yes I do. A buddy of mine (Irish) was ordered by the local court in 2008 to pay 4,000pesos a month until the child is 18.

>>All she can do is hire a local lawyer and go through the court system in the Philippines.

Not so, she goes to the police who MUST act on her allegation.

And/or the local fiscal office. No charge.

>>If she has the money. Remember, they are not married, the guy will just deny everything.

Wow, wish it were so. The guy (in RP) must PROVE he did not do it.

Thanks for the info but it confirms that her only way is through the RP legal system.

She may be able to do something in Canada but the only one who could act on her behalf is a lawyer in Canada and I doubt she has the money for that.

Still, anybody know of an embassy which helped a woman with a child?